Posts by dragonfly66

Well it looks like I should be getting the Kemper soon. In about a month. I haven't found many financing options that are more than 6 months so I have to wait for cash and should have it in a month or so.

In my constant research of new products and comparisons to existing products I find the same theme. Kemper has the best recreation of tube amps, but the effects and routing options are just ok. To me the recreation of the amp is the most important. I can see why people are drawn to the Helix, but more features on top of adequate amp models isn't where I want to start. I realize that the Kemper may not have the best effects (especially reverb, apparently) and doesn't have all of the routing options of the others, but I could use outboard effects if needed and Kemper is constantly improving and I'm not sure I would need more routing options than what is already available.

Hello all,

I have made a decision to get the Kemper Power Rack with Remote and a couple of the Mission Expression pedals. I have far too many amps and have already put 4 up for sale and some other stuff to get the funds for my desired Kemper Rig.

The wait will give me time to investigate the whole amp-in-the-room thing and make a final decision on whether I want the power or non-power version.

I'm a guitar player, mostly acoustic, but gigging now with a band on electric. I play bass and drums for fun in my home.