Posts by Lele1964

thanks Alan, its rehearsal and gigs. Maybe I found a solution: if i reduce the volume in the amp section (i.e. the amp volume itself) then i get a little more control of the powered output. I usually leave the volume of an individual amp at 0 dB; maybe that's the "mistake".

So far i dont think that reducing the amp volume (e.g. - 7.0 dB) has a dramatic effect on the sound of the respective amp. What do u think of this solution ? (Of course I will have to up the gain on the mixing desk, but that's not an issue.)

Hi guys

I would be grateful for help with the following question:

I have the Powered Rack Kemper. I've set the outputs as follows:

- Main Output = Master Stereo

- Mon Output = Master Mono

- Mon Out Link is selected

The Master Volume thus only controls the connected Cab . The volume knob below the Master Volume controls both Main Output and Mon Output volumes.

The problem is that I have the volume of the Cab (Mon Output) almost completely closed and I can only open the Mon Out in a very small range without the Cab getting way too loud. (I can hardly open the Cab volume above -44dB without it getting too loud). I'd appreciate your advice on how to get a little more control over the cab volume). Thanks a lot

You posted in User and dealer network.
    Should have been in something like Profiler related issues and trouble shooting help.
    (Plus most people won't hang out in the User and dealer network section. It helps keep the forum organized.)

Well... the title of this forum is "User and dealer network". Since I am a User and this is a network, why shouldn't I post my question here?! With all due respect and no offense: who made you the "forum police"?

Anyway, to answer the question in the OP, your best bet is to audition each rig and adjust the volume by hand, then re-save each profile one at a time. It's a lot of work, but nothing in the KPA is going to level match all of your rigs for you automatically.

Thanks a lot. I probably did not express myself accurately enough, sorry. I didn't expect the KPA to do the volume thing automatically. Like I said above, the manuals confused me a bit. My plan was to do it exactly as you said, i.e. manually adjust the rig volumes, but I wanted to know whether that was the correct thing to do. Thanks very kindly.

Watch this video....and ALL of the Kemper Tutorial videos on Youtube. They are very helpful.
    (Thread needs to be moved since this is the wrong place to ask. :D )

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks - guess what I did before I got the KPA...? 8)
    (Why should this be the wrong place to ask? ?( )

Maybe I'm wrong, but if I understand the OP correctly he wants a control that will level match all of the rigs in the KPA.

Thanks for your answer. Yep - you understand it correctly. :) One part of my question was basically this: lets say I have a performance with 5 different rigs in it. 2 clean, 2 crunch and 1 heavy distorted. And I want them at the same volume (which IMHO makes sense), should I use the Rig Volume Knob or any other control parameter to even out any volume difference? As it seems - but please correct me if i am wrong - the Rig Volume Knob is the right thing to use.

adjust the clean sense input for the guitars and save each input preset if necessary. Later, adjust the volume of rigs independently if necessary.

Thanks a lot for your answer :) . I am still a bit confused 8| . I am a guy who does RTFM ;) . On page 19 of the Basics Manual they say, that you "can use the Rig Volume Knob to adjust volume amongst Rigs". On page 15 of the Reference Manual they say: "If you feel that clean Rigs sound softer or louder than distorted Rigs, please don’t try to fix it by adjusting the volume of the individual Rigs! Instead, you should readjust the “Clean Sens” parameter in the Input Section to match your guitar to the Profiler. This is described in depth in the The Basics Manual". (Acutally it is not described in depth in The Basics Manual, since it is the basic manual).
    Do I get you right if I say the following? Your recommendation is: use Clear Sens to even the loudness difference between out Single Coil and Humbucker. And to even out Rigs amongst each other you use the Rig Volume Knob. Is that correct? Thanks for your answer in advance. Cheers

Hey Guys

My apologies; I am new to the forum so this might be a dumb question: :rolleyes:^^

What are you recomendations on how to even out a) the volume of different rigs and b) the volume difference due to single coil and humbuckers.

Thx in advance for your feedback :)