Posts by Tunruh2

Interesting that you're blown away by the FM3. I had one for a few weeks and thought it was terrible. it does sound really good, but it's like they put absolutely no thought into the user experience of it other than "hey, let's give the AxeFX 3 a few footswitches and call it a day." It was completely useless without being hooked up to a computer for editing.

For me, FM3 edit was terrible in other ways, like how picking a cab was literally just a dump of 1000 IRs to scroll through, or how there was no way to organize groups of presets.

But this is just my experience, and by no means do I want to take away from yours. I happily sold mine for what I paid for it.

Ya man I feel you. They are def lacking ways to organize on Fractal Edit Software. NO WAY I could settle for 3 switches. I bought an FC6 and basically run the FM3 as the brain so Presets - Effects - Tap Tempo then on the FC6 are my effects (I like to run it like a traditional pedalboard). But to each their own. I love the Kemper don't get me wrong. I truly think the pure amp tones no effects shoot out Kemper for sure. Fractal in my opinion has better effects and a wider selection. I need to record with the Kemper again though. It's been a minute since I've done that.

Thanks for the response man. I think I was in Browser mode. i will give it another shot. Love the FM3, I will always keep my Kemper. it's just too awesome and the tones are amazing. If the Kemper 2 in the future is a floorboard with a power amp in it. I'm sold. Thanks again!

Been on Fractal for about 2 years now. Have the FM3 and blown away by it. Kept my Kemper because it is amazing, still. Love the tones. But....The Kemper Editor is crap at best. Not intuitive at all. Can't simply copy my rigs I like into my performances. Can't edit rigs I like on Rig Exchange then take those settings I like that I made and import that rig into my Kemper. Once I import the rig to My unit, I have to start over with the editing. PLEASE tell me this is mostly user error or is this editor really that crappy? Fractal has better effects. Kemper's overall amp tones beats Fractal imo. But Fractal's editors are SO much easier to navigate. Crazy to come back after a break to see what hasn't changed. Again, just my opinion, but someone please tell me it's operator error on my part...Cheers guys.

Hi all, seeking some advice and if anyone has any experience with using the Line 6 HX Effects or Stomp with the Kemper??? Currently I have profiled my sounds from my Victoria and pedals. I have rhythm, lead, clean tones etc. But, I am looking to expand into some other sounds. Just wondering if anyone at all has ever used the Line 6 HX Effects or Stomp with the Kemper and if so, how it sound??? What are the pros and cons? Thanks so much!

I'm a little late with my reaction, but still... I used a UAD Ampeg vst on a studio recording and it sounded great.

I then profiled it and in my ears it sounds exactly the same. So I'm using this profile live aswell.

Again, as far as I'm concerned it cán work and I'm not "underwhelmed". :)

Just wondering how you profiled the plugin from your Apollo onto the Kemper? Would LOVE to get this Friedman present I have on my Apollo on my Kemper! Thanks!

I am going to give it a shot. I have profiles that I am satisfied with for my live tone on the road. But, now I am just spoiled and want to find more and more tones I love. Thanks for the reply guys!

Hi all. I recently purchased the UAD Apollo Twin and bought the Friedman amp bundle (amazing tones). I am so hooked on this one tone I customized in it that I play my Crook Tele through and I really WANT to profile it for live use. Anyone have any luck on profiling a plugin from an Apollo? Just curious on how I would go about doing that. Cheers!

Thank you guys for the response! I finally figured it out after some tweaking / experimenting. My first profile was a complete success and I couldn’t be more stoked!

Hi guys. I want to make a profile from my amp with pedals. Basically my rhythm rig. How do I route that? I tried guitar > pedalboard (OD, Compressor, and EQ pedals on) > Kemper > direct out on Kemper to amp > return to Kemper. All it captured was the clean sound. Kind of frustrated.... Any help is greatly welcomed!

Anyone know if the DXR12 is louder than the EV ZLX 12? Currently have a ZLX 12 and I want a Yamaha DXR but want to make sure it's a lot louder without peaking due to possibility of performing at jam gigs where you crank the amp and play with no mics on the amps. Thanks!

Hello all. I've had the powered Kemper head for about 4 months now. I am a changed man. Love it. Currently using my band's EV ZLX12 for a cab for rehearsals and in my house. We are on IEMs live so I do not really use a cab live. However, if in the future I play a smaller jam gig I want the capability to bring a cab with me that will be loud enough and have the clarity I desire. SO, my question is, passive or active FRFR speaker? I always hear the Yamaha DXR is stellar. I would love to hear suggestions on both the active and passive side. Note that this speaker will 90% be used for rehearsals, and in room practice at home. About 10% of the time it might be used at gigs when I wouldn't plug into the FOH and maybe sometimes I might use it as a monitor for stage volume. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Check your other post. Please don't take offense but you could greatly benefit from some time spent with the manual and kemper tutorial videos. Kemper is an amazing piece of gear and quite complex in its possibilities. Spending some time learning it pays dividends.. For example, you wouldn't hook up a booster pedal to any of the switch pedal slots, those are for momentary switches to hook up via trs cable. It could then control a pure booster or ANY effect in ANY slot pre or post stack. For that matter it could control nearly anything kemper... Still think a pure boost pedal is a wise purchase ?

Nooffense at all taken buddy. I ended up figuring it out. In a nutshell I reallywant to continue to use my board I have. I have a lot of great effects on thereI am used to using in my band's live shows. I am trying to run clean profiles maybea little dirty, and use my pedals to color the tone. Eventually I will get achannel switcher. I figured out the pure boost though post cab in Mod and I amcontrolling it with the Mission pedal. Pretty simple and sounds great. Thanksfor your help!

My country band Truxton Mile out of Bakersfield, CA. We have been all around the country and to Canada playing. If you dig the tunes hit us up on all Social Media!!!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

-Taylor

New to the Kemper world here. I went from my Victoria and Z-Wreck to this and I'm loving it. I have a question though reguarding Solo boost.

So I run my normal pedals into the Kemper using mostly clean profiles. I used to use my Keeley Katana to boost my solos but it doesn't do much on here. I learned about boosting the signal for a solo post stack with pure booster. Works great but now I need a switch to activate it live. Will a pedal switch work and which one will do the job? Also where would I hook that bad boy into on the profiler, switch pedal 1 or 2? Thanks guys!