Posts by matthewaheim

I used the editor a lot today for the first time since just messing around with the first beta. After having bought the Stage, it’s actually very very handy to have the editor. I never was one that clamoured for an editor. In fact, maybe I was a bit of a naysayer, too. However, I’m super glad that the guys at Kemper had one made.

Bought a used Rack with a ton of profiles and wow does the RM3 make a difference if figuring out what was on it PLUS valuable in that I can see and learn from how the previous owner approached his Kemper. Fabulous!

same with me here, it is not the ideal procedure always having to exchange the whole content incl. fundamental settings.

Mostly I'm facing the challenge to transfer one or more performances from one device to the other, but exactly this is impossible...

agree that better folder architecture is a must down the road for RM.

That profile hunt is fun yet can become frustrating. But was necessary for me and obviously many others. For some reason some of the most recognized profiles here on the forum just didn't do it for me. I was about to give up, when I finally found sounds that worked for me and that showed me how the KPA can sound. I'm glad I stayed with the KPA.

What kind of music are you into?

Cheers

Mostly classic rock. Currently we are doing a LedZep tribute band. Trying to get the Page sound down and I'm not that good of a pedal guy, so I came across some profiles from Jim of TopJimi.com who had some guitarist (rather than specific ampl) profiles. Got me to a good starting point. How about you?

I have a Rack and Stage. I give them different names so I know which one I working with , keep my library on each unit separate. On my Stage unit I typically have fewer profiles loaded but more performances ( the opposite on my Rack). I also use my Rack unit as my Beta test unit.

I was thinking of that same methodology of having the Rack as they main, then only transferring over to the Toaster what I need for gigs. Mahalo!

:thumbup: inside there the same. have fun with your units. good thing about this strange situation is that may providers sell profiles at a reduced price.

Bought the Rack used on Reverb and it had tons of profiles. Add that to the ton I have on the Toaster, I'm ready to "shelter-in-place" for at least 2-3 years!8o

Hi.

Works and will be the best option. System backup to USB stick (think the file belongs into the root folder (you might want to look that up in the manual though)) and then import from USB (or similar) on the target device.

Cheers

thanks Fireloogie, I will try it. I was a little hesitant as one is a Toaster the other is a Rack and I thought maybe there were different properties that were unique on each.

I was looking at the 20 w version.

Any pros, cons, gotchas?

I love the Studio 20. It's pretty light (about half the weight of the Stage 50), toaster fits right on top with no wobble on the strap. I'm a little worried on some upcoming gigs that are past the "small club" level and are not known for mic'ing or DI for FOH. Will the 10s give enough push? I don't know...

I just acquired a Rack to go along with my un-powered Toaster.
    Probably keeping one in the Studio and the other for Gigs.
    Can anyone share best practices with managing the profiles/presets/performances between the two?

Would a transfer from the Studio unit via USB to the Gig unit work?

Or is there a better method?

Mahalo in advance!

Hi and Welcome! Take it easy if Kemper is new to you. It was new for me too a few month ago (still learning though). If you haven't yet, I'd suggest to read the manual and watch the videos. Helped me a lot....and of course this forum as well. Plenty of members willing to help :)

Haha yes READ THE MANUAL. I've had the Toaster for 3 years and consumed just about every Tone Junkie instructional video but resisted more than a casual glance at the manual. About a month ago I broke down, printed the manual and read it over a weekend. The light has now been illuminated!!! My understanding went up 20x on the what and the why. Now I can be one of those irritating guys on social media that respond with: READ THE MANUAL! 8o and then help to answer the questions.

Hi,

Just seen this vid on UTube from tonejunkie that explains different parameters in Kemper for compression, the place in the chain and the compressor parameter in the amp block.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is anyone playing with the Compressor setting in the Amplifier section?