Posts by mauritzSA

How do you roll your cables? If they are rolled this way they should stay rolled in place. It is possible that they were rolled in in a coil/spring fashion and has developed a memory (it naturally wants to unwind). If that is the case just roll them straight and let them sit out in the sun for a day. The method showed above should be used to roll all cables (power, audio, network etc.) but you will still find cables that are more plastic than copper (for example Cat 5) doesn't have the mass to fold in on itself. Then a piece of velcro, or elastic string works to keep it rolled up, but should still be rolled with the method in the video to extend the life of the cable.

The benefit in our setup is that we use the Behringer as our main desk so we don't need to add another component to setup time. As the laptop hooks up directly to the desk via USB there is no need for extra cables and there is no extra audio converting. Our drummer uses the headphone output as his in ear feed and we use the remaining Auxes. Each channel has its own EQ, Gate, compressor,. The desk also a massive amount of excellent effects. But we just used the gear already available to us. The desk was not bought with the eDrums in mind. We on occasion still mic up his acoustic kit and I must say the midas preamps and available processing works like a charm.

When we do shows without using our desk/ for FOH I'll still use the Behringer for the drums and can effectively send 8 outputs. Main left/right, Aux 1-6 (But like I previously mentioned we usually only send kick and snare separate and the rest are grouped in a stereo output). In this case the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 might be a better option because it has more outputs available.

Our drummer uses a Roland td-11 which I believe he is planning to replace at some stage. I'm not as knowledgeable in drum modules myself.

Our setup goes: edrums to laptop via USB - laptop to Behringer xr18 via USB. The Behringer acts as the soundcard and we can assign the desk channels to multiple drum groups. To save on channels we run kick on channel 1, snare on channel 2 and the rest stereo linked to channels 3 and 4.

There is minimum latency and the setup time is quick.

I love mine. I prefer the real pickups over the models and only use them if I play in different tunings or need a specific sound for certain songs. Having the tuning options alone saves me from taking 6 extra guitars to a gig. The Strat tones wasn't to my liking until I tweaked them a bit.

The POD has a parameter when you choose the effects loop as one of your effects slots. Is your highlight the effect using the navigation buttons you will be able to adjust it using, I believe, toggle wheel 1. Alternatively on the POD editing software you can adjust it by selecting it also and then there will be parameters to adjust. The send option can go higher in volume than 0db and the return goes lower in volume than 0db. I'm at work at the moment, but if you still struggle with this I will make a better reference structure when I getry back to my setup

My signal chain is
    Guitar->POD
    POD FX send -> Kemper Guitar input
    Kemper Monitor output -> POD FX Return L (Mono)
    Output POD Main output or POD headphones for looper functionality.

Most important part is setting your POD FX send to match your Kemper Guitar input level. Compare the output by alternating between the POD FX send into the Kemper and secondly by bypassing the POD and plugging your guitar straight into the Kemper. The POD can have a significant DB loss using the FX output which lots of people experience as tonal loss. I usually switch my POD to Line at the FX output and raise the FX send to 6DB. On my setup it gives me the same level as going straight into the Kemper.

Use all POD stomp effects like drive, fuzz etc before POD FX slot, and POD reverbs, delays etc. after.

The EQ in the post stack is used only for volume control. Pedal in heel position at 0DB and in toe position about + 4.5 DB
    And yes I want often more mids and reduced bass and treble. Not to much and depends on is it a clean, crunch or solo sound.

The first year I played over a mesa guitar cab. But the sound over FOH and guitar cab was to different. So I bought a DXR10 and have a fight with it till I found for me the right profiles and settings.
    For sure there are better guitar sounding monitoring solutions but in case of mid pronounced hearing, wight and size the little box is a very good compromise.

If you want I can list my profiles I am using. there are only based on six profile for electric and one for accoustic guitar. They work very well with my guitars. But its more important you find the profiles you like for your sound. :)

Hi PETERFR.

Do you mind listing those profiles? I'm currently sifting through profiles for live use. I wouldn't mind having a few extra options to try out at our next rehearsal.

Kind regards