Posts by tonycarreira

Hello there kemper guru's! ^^

This is probably a really dumb question, but I rather be dumb once than for the rest of my life haha!

Problem Statement:

I am using my beloved toaster that I have owned for nearly 8 years to record my guitars and I use SPDIF. In the Kemper "Output" section, I have the SPDIF Output set to DI / Stack. So the signal goes as follows:

Guitar into > Kemper input > SPDIF Out > RCA Audio Interface (Focusrite 6i6 2nd Gen) > DAW

I am recording one track the DI and the other track the Kemper Gtr Stack.

Questions:

A) Given that the DI is the pure guitar signal, can I use that very same DI (which again I stress was recorded via SPDIF) to reamp via a real amplifier (e.g. EVH 5150)?

B) If A) answer is Yes, should I use a reamp box (e.g. Radial ProRMP for example) or can I simply use the SPDIF (Reamp) into the Kemper and then send the signal from "Direct Out" to the amp and from amp to Audio Interface? (DAW > SPDIF IN Kemper > Kemper Direct out > Real amp Input > LoadBox > Audio interface Input 1)

Many thanks in advance to whomever helps!! :)

Dude thank you so much for the response mate! I just noticed an extra field called Kemper after right clicking! It's strange they change stuff all the time! They should also do something about this UI... it looks like it was designed in the 90's!! So un-intuitive and hard to find things. Not to mention it hardly scales to 4K...

Anyway many thanks mate! :)

I have my kemper for 5 years now, but I haven't used the kemper for over 6 months. To my surprise after upgrading (and formatting my hard drive) I noticed I have no effects. There used to be a folder called "Content pack 8" or something like that, with preset class = "effect" and that's gone... They even had a nice precision overdrive and... Can't find them on the kemper either! I hard press on effects and says "0 effects"

I am running the latest OS (8.6) and the latest rig manager (3.2.57). I have a fresh install and I also did a factory reset on the kemper. But I can't for the life of me find the effects. This is how my rig manager looks like now:

Guys I know this has been extensively discussed and yes I did the manual about studio, DA and merged profiles, but I am still confused as hell!

I have the kemper without the power rack to connect to a cab, so I am wondering which profile should I use:

- in the studio
    - live

Should I use Studio profile for studio and live? I am a really simple guy and just require the best profile for live and studio, which "type" of profile would you recommend?

Many thanks in advance!

Guys again, thank you so much for taking the time elaborating those replies, I really appreciate it! I shall try later on tonight to implement your advice!!

I can still track in Master Stereo two tracks and still pan them two to hard left/right right?

You guys are rockstars, thank you so much for the support!

Monkey_Man, when you say if I m recording in stereo, you mean tracking 2 tracks at the time right? (Sorry man I am total newbie with this, I always used to plug the guitar into the interface and record with VST)

I will take some pics of my settings ans post later!

Hi everybody!

I just bought my Kemper and oh boy.... I will selling a few heads and cabs that's all I am saying!! :D totally overwhelmed by the amp rigs out there in cloud!

As you guys noticed I am a total newbie so I have a few questions and was hoping somebody could help out! I've watched a few videos online and they all touch the routing but none teach about the best settings to record.

So at the moment this is what I am doing:

1) I have one and only one XLR cable going from the main output Left and straight into my presonus audiobox channel 1. First question is should I use XLR or TS or is it irrelevant?
    2) In the output settings page 2 I have the main output set to -23db and then I regulate on the master volume. Is this acceptable? because for some reason I am getting amazing tone when I put the headphones directly in the kemper, but when I try to record in my DAW the sound is not so good (might also be my poor fostex monitors) but I wanted to check with you guys. I also have the mixer in the presonus audiobox set almost to max, but the tone is not all that...
    3) In the Main output there are two options, Main Mono and Main Stereo. Should I use Main Mono or Main Stereo to record? Main Stereo sounds way better when I record, but I don't know if that is the right way to do it. I am recording 2 tracks and pan them left and right.

Thanks in advance!! :D^^