Posts by cags12

I have started to use USB audio quite a bit and have found that I need to apply specific output EQ to match the Monitors I am using. However none of the EQ settings seem to affect the USB audio. Request is to add a toggle on the releavant EQ setting screen to extend the settings to USB audio is that particular output.

Also, badly need Headphones output independent EQ settings from the Main Output.

I know it has been requested in different forms and shapes but this is still badly needed please.

An Advanced Control Mode would be similar to L6 Helix Command Center or Quad Cortex Outgoing MDI settings, etc; but more powerful. Basically it would be a mode we could activate by ie. long pressing Tuner/Looper button; and enter a screen where every footswitch/pedal can be made available/configurable to control different MIDI CC and PC commands for external gear, more assignable footswitches to effects blocks (removing the limitation of 4) and/or even internal functions of the KPA that could be handy to be toggleable live using the feet. Press and Long press options, etc.

It can be a locked as global across all slots/presets/performances or unlocked to be unique configuration per slot. (You might want to control different things in different songs/situations).

This would elevate the flexibility of the Remote and footswitches of the Stage to new heights.

Now that the player supports USB control and can act as a USB Class Compliant Host through the A port to USB MIDI interfaces. Why not add this to the big units?

Yes, in most cases might be unnecessary as they have dedicated DIN MIDI ports. But it can be handy for external devices that only Support USB MIDI that connects to a USB class compliant host.

EDIT: Apologies, this is already requested and confirmed it is coming soon. This thread can be deleted by moderators.

As of Feb 2024, is there a deal breaker feature for you that none of the Kemper offerings can do?

Maybe a feature that makes you consider changing to another Digital Modelling/profiling/capture solution?

For me is the MIDI control of external devices.

I am currently on the verge of changing to a Helix or Quad Cortex as they have the capability to control external devices over MIDI using not only PC but also CC messages by pressing a foot-switch (Command Center or Snapshots). And no, I would not want a separate MIDI controller

I know the Kemper can send up to 2 PC MIDI messages on loading a performance but I feel this is not enough specially when you want to change something on a external device within the same performance using the foot switches (I II III III) or a special mode that you could toggle like the looper.

What is yours?

I support this feature request.

Like the Sim1-XT, to support a WIFI dongle. They use the easily available Edimax EW-7811UN*

I have them and it works great and can conenct to the unit with my phone and/or Computer.

The KPA would need to have an internal driver to use it and through the KPA screen we coudl configure the SSID and PSK etc. It woudl be a quality of life enhancement

It would be interesting that for Existing Kemper Rack/Head/Stage users they get a discounted paid upgrade maybe tied to the product registration. Those users are obviously not trying to buy a half priced unit but a portable version of what they already own. Loyalty paid back ! :)

Unlike KPP only users do make sense to pay full for the upgrade if they want to access all the features otherwise available on the big units.

I hope time will prove me wrong in regards to the longevity of the support for this device but I have seen and still own products that relied on an App to be edited and after discontinued, support for their apps was dropped too. With changes on the Smartphone/desktop OS's it became a nightmare to retain full editing capabilities of such device. Some newer devices could no longer install the necessary apps.

Having a screen and local editing capabilities (even if cumbersome) should be priority to really future proof the product long after successor devices are introduced.

Other than that, yes I am a bit bummed out I could not transfer my full rig from my Toaster to this for the ultimate mobility. I do accept striped down functions but the signal chain seems a big compromise in my opinion.

I was all excited until I read the limitation on the FX's. The main reason I would buy this in addition to my Head+Remote+EXP combo was its portability but now with the FX limitation what is the point? yeah yeah the stage but that isn't as portable as the Player or the HX stomp (which I was considering). I might end up buying the KPlayer but now I know it is not a no brainer for me and needs some considerations.

i hate to b that guy but tbh i found the discussion of liquid profiling quite interesting and am not interested in troubleshooting the audio interface option which i think has nothing to do with LP .. could we maybe move back on topic ? :saint:

Indeed, there is some other threads on USB audio that do not get as much activity as this one in the past 2 days. Move the discussion to those threads and get back to Liquid profiling on this one.

It is curious it took this long for them to decide to enable it. However - we whined about not having it.

Let's not continue to whine about getting it.

Well true, I just fell I needed to air that thought. But agree! :)

Do not get me wrong, glad Kemper is still releasing upgrades and innovating in the area of profiling/modelling, but let's address something important, how come did they take over 10years to enable USB audio? all excuses about not having the necessary hardware are now out the window and such a basic feature among all devices (even low end ones) took a decade to see light.

Nevertheless, happy to see advancements in the Kemper!

If it is of any of your interest. I have created a Wireless Adapter based on CME WIDI Master.

If you are interested, I can build one for you. PM me

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

MIDI command Center.

Yeah yeah. This one is a copy from others but the Helix command Center and even the QC’s one is something that I want so much for Kemper to offer. The current options are so limited.

Guitar profiling (built in) (as a guitar kit)

Similar concept to the SIM1 which took inspiration from KPA. Pretty sure Kemper can do an even greater job at this.

Everybody seems to forget the remote receives power from the enthernet cable. Whatever cheapo router you think you can get I would doubt it will come with PoE (Power over Ethernet) ports, unless you buy a separate PoE injector. Seems ver cumbersome.
    A wifi USB dongle is the better solution.