Posts by cags12

I really wish these cabs will be available in Active version too. I've been waiting for this Cab for ages and I would be sad to not being able to use it as I have an un-powered Toaster.

Volume Pedal, Input Noise Gate, and Transpose don't require a module. Is it an issue to spend a module for an additional stomp noise gate once in a while? The position of that noise gate within the signal chain might be depending on other effects like boosters or distortions within that Rig.

I actually think that as well as an extra noise gate not taking a slot (slectable position), Wah Wah can be made rig effect not taking a slot.

I have an mi.1 and have an app called BandHelper on my iPad. You can create custom layouts in its interface (say per song for example) and add MIDI control buttons to recall anything you want. I can select patches on the Kemper just by calling up the correct song in BandHelper now and even switch settings part way through a song for solos etc. Only really any good for home use as you have to touch the buttons on the iPad but I’m hoping to go one step further and get it working with the Midi from my GigRig G2 so that I can go back to my normal pedalboard for live shows instead of the Remote as I miss some of my favourite pedals. So essentially the iPad will become the translator between the G2 and the Kemper.

Why do you need the iPad to do the translation? You could use a USB host device with the CME Widi Bud that connects with the mi.1 to your Kemper instead of using the iPad for this effect. IDK to me it seems more pro set up this way.

I am gonna checkout the BandHelper App.

Hey Dude,

Exit settings. Exactly as it then becomes personal preference, why not have both options? This is a niche request but I thought I'd try. I guess I would get used to it eventually but as a new users I still get confused. Maybe because I'm coming from the L6 stuff.

LED noise Gate. yes well my request is not limited only to NG but every effect where a led indication makes sense. a Slot with NG can do this and for the always on NG perhaps the input leds (different color) and/or button could be used for this.

Input A/B. Yes exactly, that what you mentioned is another option but definitely we need something in this aspect. Even for Parallel FX in your use case. Care to comment? Burkhard

Selective Mute. Due your comment this Selective mute could be a solution for a quick Mute. Use case example. You are in a gig and want to with one button push mute all except the headphones or monitor output so audience cannot hear but you can while you fine tweak something.

Or in the bedroom, toggling headphones ON and speakers OFF and viceversa. This is without messing with my volumes or unplugging things or shutting things off.

Others, including Burkhard have reported that they use wireless midi to control pr Gram changes from ipad apps like Setlist Helper etc. Maybe one of them can chime in.

This is exactly it. I have Wireless MIDI devices (QuiccoSound mi.1 and CME Widi Bud) so My idea is to do things wirelessly, I hate cables so bad.

Call me whatever, but I have a very tidy setup in my Musical corner and moving the Remote to where I can be sometimes is a bit of hassle and sometimes I do not even plan for it, so..

Yeah, I guess I can program my own template, I was just wondering if somebody else has done it already and perhaps would not mind sharing.

Hi,

I've had my Kemper for around 1 month now and I really like it. I have not deep dived into all settings yet but I have noticed a couple of thing that would be nice to be improved (usability wise).

• Exit settings. Yes, we do have the exit button but I hate to have to reach out to it to exit a function and then do something different. Is not that intuitive and inefficient. Can we not exit the menu we entered by doing the same action that got us into it too?. ie. Exit System by pressing System button again. Exit Slot settings by long pressing them again, etc.
    • Led Indication for Noise Gate and possibly other effects. It would be nice to see when the NG engages.
    • Input A/B functionality. I use two input sources for totally different signal chains. It would be so simply to be able to map the Quick button or On/Off or Long press Input to quickly toggle between alternate input and front input (if not hardware limited) or even the Return input and change Led color from white to blue as indication. A clever way of remapping a button from the Remote would be nice too. - At the moment I am achieving this with the Mono loop but needless to say it takes a slot and also is not affected by the input settings (NG, clean sense, etc..). Edit: Maybe including input source to the input preset and allow the quick toggle as above for two fav input presets.
    • Selective Mute. Long press Output button to toggle mute configurable Output sources without messing with Volumes. ie. all but Headphones, only main output, all but Direct, etc.

I think all of these are simple enough to implement and would be nice additions to help the usability of the unit.

As per the title. Wondering if anyone has created a template already mostly for browsing between rigs?

Use case. Sometimes I sit far with my guitar far from the Kemper and Remote and I would like to chance Rigs or Performances with my mobile phone. Yes, I can be that lazy and coming from using Line 6 Amplifi, I kind of missing that functionality.

I do not expect Kemper creating a dedicated App if they have not done so for the PC but I know there are mobile Apps that allow you to create custom controller layouts.

Thank you MOCMunkeh

The only thing I wonder is about the connectivity. I have read several threads on the L6 Forum and while I understand the W/D/W ways of connecting, there seems to be an overall consensus on not being able to use it as a full FRFR solution. I mean, there is no way of engaging all speakers at once for a non W/D/W set-up.

I am particularly concerned because the Dry signal would lose a lot of content that normally is reproduced by the coax drivers and horn.

What is your opinion about that? Has there been a firmware update changing that?

I've bee researching this for a while and the ONLY Bluetooth Headphones that could deliver acceptable latencies are the ones based on APTx. I go my eye on the SteelSeries Arctics Pro or the Siberia 840. Only they are a bit expensive.

They deliver 16ms latency and that is very low already for that tech. You can test if you can live with that latency by setting a delay with 16ms delay 100% wet.

So, when the Firehawk was released there was not sign of the Power Cab.

I wonder what are your opinions in comparing these two and why would you choose one over the other now that the Power Cab is also available.

I lean towards the Firehawk for the following reasons.

Aapart from needing an FRFR that looks like a guitar cabinet

Firehawk 1500

Pros:

• Flexible I/O
    • Bluetooth connectivity (kinda of a big deal to me)
    • Variax Interface
    • Possibility of using the FH effects in loop
    • I guess the obvious is the W-D-W

Cons:

• Too loud for my needs
    • Too heavy
    • The size

Power Cab

Pros:

• Small size and Lightweight
    • Quieter than the FH
    • Speaker modeling and IR are a nice to have (Prefer to use the Kemper for this)

Cons:

• Basically every Pro of the FH the PC lacks.

What are your thoughts if you were to choose between these two?

Guys MOCMunkeh  thegibster97

Looking to buy this Firehawk 1500 as opposed to the Power Cab. I like the flexibility the FH gives in terms of conenctions, the Bluetooth feature is a big plus to me as well as the Variax interface that could open a lot of possibilities.

TBH the FH has so much more power that I need but I am interested mostly in the other features.

How do you like your FH now that other FRFR have been released including the Power Cab?

Newsletter received:

Configuration Manager 1.5

An easier way to profile your Guitars with XT-1!!

Thanks to the new version (1.5) of the Configuration Manager for PC/Mac, the user has now the opportunity to rapidly turn the profile of his Source Guitar to a Target Guitar Profile. This is a really important upgrade, that makes XT-1 even more unique! Until yesterday Guitar Players had to send their Guitar Timbers (IRs) to the Community, and download them in order to use them as Target Guitars. Now this procedures is much faster and the User now can even test his Guitar Target Sound before sharing it with the Community !!

New Folders to organize better your Guit Arsenal !!

You can add to "Preferred" the guitars that you like more, and cancel those you do not need. Your setup will be much well-ordered !!

Newsletter received:

Configuration Manager 1.5

An easier way to profile your Guitars with XT-1!!

Thanks to the new version (1.5) of the Configuration Manager for PC/Mac, the user has now the opportunity to rapidly turn the profile of his Source Guitar to a Target Guitar Profile. This is a really important upgrade, that makes XT-1 even more unique! Until yesterday Guitar Players had to send their Guitar Timbers (IRs) to the Community, and download them in order to use them as Target Guitars. Now this procedures is much faster and the User now can even test his Guitar Target Sound before sharing it with the Community !!

New Folders to organize better your Guit Arsenal !!

You can add to "Preferred" the guitars that you like more, and cancel those you do not need. Your setup will be much well-ordered !!

Try turning BT functionality on the Line 6 Amplifi off and removing your 'phone, laptop or whatever's transmitting from the equation.

The high-pitched squeal could be the data stream's being amplified by the combination of the L6 and Kemper in much the same way that tube amps occasionally tune into local radio.

Just a guess, of course...

Yes, it makes sense and it is a fair test. Will test and see. The Kemper is sitting on top of the Amplifi so yeah, there could be some RF leakeage somewhere and perhaps that gets into the cable shields causing the ground loop to not be only 50/60hertz but also digital RF noise.