Posts by fourstrk

Remember we are still two days away from the Stage going on sale. Anything can happen between now and then. Especially since the Stage has the new updated preset management system that the new OS has..

Yep. Unless they somehow make a half-baked update from the current RigManager without presets just being able to transfer from / to the Stage, they would probably like to have the new RigManager out as soon as the first Stage comes to the customer. I am optimistic that we see the editor this week after the first wave calms down and they have time to actually rework the backends and webpages instead of clearing out our misunderstandings in the forum. ;-) ;-)

Agree- but sadly I reckon the Head and remote setup are doomed and will soon become worthless.

I don't think so. For desk (studio, home) use as well as for quick reamping the Toaster is way easier to set up. Furthermore, if you use wireless etc. it is way faster and more reliably to set up if everything is pre-wired in a rack. I think it has two different target groups which justifies it.

If that's the case, used prices will stay stable for the toaster and the rack I guess.

P.S. The article contains the following:

"Der beleuchtete, Sonnenlicht-sichere Bildschirm, der sich immer den Lichtverhältnissen anpasst, wurde entwickelt um aus jeder Distanz und unter allen möglichen Lichtverhältnissen gut lesbar zu sein."

This means, that the currently unused (?) LED on the "Remote" could be used now to adapt lightning on the remote. Maybe this feature has been developed with the "Stage" and now also comes into the "Remote" with the new SW update.

P.P.S.

It also contains:

Der PROFILER Stage™ verfügt über fest zugewiesene Stereo Monitor-Outputs um entweder zwei Fullrange Boxen oder Standard Gitarren Cabinets zu betreiben - natürlich unabhängig vom Fullrange Main Out.

Which could mean, that there's a powered monitor output for driving "standard guitar cabinets". However, this is no official press release, so it's maybe rather unlikely, especially without any impedance values being printed on the back.

Ich wurde auch schon Opfer eines solchen Weltuntergangs mit meinem Kemper ... das Wasser floss durch den aufgestellten Pavillon, unter dem wir spielen sollten und es regnete horizontal. Damals hatte ich noch den Toaster. Gott sei Dank konnte ich alles rechtzeitig zusammen räumen, sodass nur das Ethernetkabel etwas feucht wurde.

Für mich war das der endgültige Grund auf die Rackversion umzusteigen. Mein Rack steht auf vier Füßchen (Wasser kann drunter durchströmen so viel es will) und die Klappen vorne und hinten sind schnell verschlossen. Somit ist das Gröbste schonmal "abgewehrt".

Am Ende hilft nur ein schnelles reagieren. Drücke Dir die Daumen, dass das Equipment keine Folgeschäden davon getragen hat.

My knee-jerk reaction was to get this the very instant that it is released, my second thought is a bit more like "let's wait first and see if i REALLY need this", because as it stands, shelling out around 1500,- just for some convenience is a bit though to justify.

As I already wrote in the German subforum, for me it would be a no-brainer if it was <1k€ new, meaning around 750€ used (after some time). Even if I would have no benefit out of this, I would consider it out of lazyness and as a backup during the gig.

I thought about it for my setup as following (this is based on rumours and teasers only, so let's wait with a final evaluation).

Cables on stage (for my setup):

Status Quo:

1x Guitar to Kemper (long cable)

1x Stereo IEM (multicored with guitar cable)

1x Ethernet from Remote to Kemper

(1x FX-Pedal to Remote)

This makes 2 cables from stage to backline.

w/ Kemper "Stage":

1x Guitar to Kemper Stage

2x Main Out to Mixer

1x Stereo IEM (not multicored anymore)

(1x FX-Pedal to Kemper "Stage")

1x Power to Kemper "Stage"

This makes 4 cables from stage to backline.

+ Just 1 unit to carry

o Too big to fit into guitar bag, so no advantage compared to the Toaster / Rack (you need to carry it separately)

- Takes more space on stage

- Needs more cables on stage

- No sound if Kemper "Stage" breaks (drinks, singer's high-heels, you name it) compared to Remote

- Easier to steal between soundcheck and gig compared to rack-unit (yes, I know, but ...)

Maybe I will try it out - but for my particular use-cases, disadvantages may come more into play than expected.

However, I totally understand and like the concept. For rental equipment and flight gigs this is awesome!

Seems that there is no Ethernet for a second remote. I am wondering why this feature is missing, if it's true and the integration is not implemented different.

I was still hoping that Kemper would extend Ethernet capabilities or at least leave the option by adding the (yet unfunctional) HW Ethernet interface. So many cool things out there to do.

Mit der Ankündigung des Floorboards verbinde ich dennoch die Hoffnung dass auch der "Rest" am 24.07 bzw. zeitnah nachgereicht wird. Zumal es für mich danach aussieht, dass mit dem Erscheinen des Floorboards eine Editorlösung noch zwingender wird ...

Denke (und hoffe) ich auch. Ggfs. sogar schon morgen. Montag ist immer gut, dann hat man die ganze Woche Zeit um die große Fragewelle zu bedienen ohne dass Unmut entsteht ... 😁

Genau so mach ich es auch, tolles Teil und man ist trotz einer neuen Hardware nicht gezwungen einen weiteren Kemper zu kaufen

Ja, das ist das Beste. Entgegen der heutigen Wegwerfgesellschaft macht der Stage das aktuelle Produkt keinen Deut schlechter. Ich hoffe Kemper bleibt seiner Linie treu und bringt weiterhin alle neuen Features - sofern es die HW hergibt - für alle Geräte. Hoffentlich führen kommerzielle Überlegungen nicht dazu, dass „alte“ Hardware funktional „künstlich“ beschnitten wird. Dass dies aktuell nicht der Fall ist macht den Unterschied zwischen Kemper und vielen anderen „Digitalfirmen“ im Musikbereich.

Ein logischer und konsequenter Schritt, die Vor- und Nachteile einer einteiligen vs. zweiteiligen (KPA+Remote) halten sich m.E. in der Waage.

Von daher eine Erweiterung der Produktpalette bei nahezu identischem SW-Pflegeaufwand (abgesehen von den extra I/Os).

Ist doch super. Vermutlich wird das Gerät irgendwo zwischen KPA und KPA+Remote eingepreist. Sollte es wider erwarten als direkter Konkurrent der anderen Floorboards eingepreist werden (also < 1k€) würde ich mir den Luxus vielleicht sogar gönnen und den „Stage“ mal ausprobieren.

Bin zunächst mal gespannt auf den Editor. Dennoch eine coole Sache! 👍

Yes I know. But what‘s really appealing to me is if someone uploads a bunch of cool - let‘s say - distortion settings and I could click them through at a certain position of my rig to see if one of the settings fit me. That‘s exactly what I did to find nice sounding Wah‘s since the parameters are way to extreme for me ... I like trying out stuff that other‘s take time to dial in ... everybody‘s different. :-)

There's no way to sort profiles based on effects, but you can't do that with the Axe-Fx or Helix, either. That said, KPA authors can enter effects and other information in the "Comment" field of a profile, which is searchable in Rig Manager.

True. But why shouldn‘t the Kemper be able to do it? It‘s „just“ a database topic and an addition to the UI of RM.

Klar, passieren kann das immer mal und ist auch nicht weiter tragisch, sofern die Hardware modular und reparabel aufgebaut ist.

Wäre dennoch interessant mal die Ursache zu erfahren, gerade weil das die Qualität der KPA-Hardware keinesfalls schmälert. Sofern die Fehler zu finden und zu beheben sind finde ich das super ... ist immer besser für die Umwelt. :-)

Can't you just load the profile with the rig in Rig Manager, lock the Wah slot and load whatever rig(s) you want to use with it?

Yes, but how do I find profiles with Wahs tagged accordingly if the effect is just „embedded“ and comes with it without the author of the rig especially promoting it in the rig name?