Posts by Greg Boboski

it reminds me of Eddie trying to prove he's still relevant by endorsing new things all the time ,
    mayer owns dumble amps therefore he " must " know good tone, and if he has a PRS amp , well ......... 6k later
    the music biz is a game and some know how to survive! people often hire muscian's or producers for " credibility "
    .... if he can hang with this guy ......... and we need to sell magazines
    and there are allot of instances of " the Emperors New clothes "

There are already so many good profiles for the kemper, that it's lower on my list to buy any or profile my own

that's part of the Emperors new clothes in the kemper , it's great that you can profile not only your amp but the mic & preamp as well, but
    once that's in the kemper , the tone controls are post profile and not part of the amp, you're using the same tone controls on every profile so,
    of course there's going to be common ground , in a good sense like being mastered at the same place, in a lower sense like using the same amp
    every time. there's definite circuit differences in many amps though mitigated by heavy distortion [ square waves ]
    if one only needed one sound , you wouldn't need a modeler

I find , I can't vary the gain on the kemper more than a couple of notches before it starts to sound " unnatural " [ you can get away with more down than up ] and the high frequencies
    of the distortions starts to sound the same , I think you need to pick a profile as close to what you want from the start and the less you need to tweak , the better .
    varying the gain on a pedal , or your guitar , for me works better than using the gain knob.

Ah Yes , I like simple solutions even if they were obvious! I wasn't using a TRS cable [ makes sense the pot has 3 terminals so you need a 3 conductor cable ]
    I knew I was saving that long 1/4" TRS for something! , calibration is working and so is this great feature , Thanks for the reply

I'd say there is a bit of " the emperor's new clothes " effect to the kemper . [ those who couldn't see the invisible robe must surely be too stupid or incompetent! ]
    So far I find mine to be mostly really good on headphones or studio monitors , but the more you deviate from the profile, and you need to happy with whatever profile you pick
    right off the bat, the more generic or homogenized it gets. It's the same eq applied to every profile? so thats not indicative of the amp you are trying to use, but allot of these
    applied after settings do contribute to profiles sounding , slick & powerful [ as if they all got mastered at the same place ] I have not tried mine live or into an amp / speaker yet
    Are they capable of great sounds ? that's proven, are they the best at everything ? well what is ? Just cause Joe X pro uses one doesn't mean I have to like it , I do but not all of it!
    [ you really can't deviate much on the gain knob before you give up the sound ]

just hooked up the morph feature, Love that! read a bit about the parallel feature [ splits off after a couple of the stomps ? ] Is there a way of getting two profiles out at the same time ?

Yeah I bought a rack with no live playing intentions , but realize it would be handy for getting around in the studio too

So looking to buy a remote , hopefully in Canada tia

I'm not making money with this , more for pleasure with my own music [ and to get rid of some physical amps ]
    So Looking for a kemper rack and trying to keep it at 1,500 U.S. [ the Can. dollar is so weak right now that increases the cost ]
    extra's would be nice but probably can't afford it and wouldn't do much live playing anyway, TIA for any leads