Posts by Basti1987

So I somehow found a solution. Maybe I am just the only one not knowing this, but the solution is as follows:

If you copied a rig from a perfomance to the player you CAN assign the effects to the footswitch on the player (using Effect Button I - IIII), but if you used the Kemper Remote and assigned the same effect on one of the effect buttons there you will NOT see a colour or white indicator lighing up on the Players footswitch.

If I use the same rig, but freshly imported from rig exchange I cann assign the effect to the footswitch and dont face any issues at all (alls indicators / LED works as they should do).

I may be wrong here, but that is what in my case doesnt work or work. If support confirms this as an intended behaviour that would be a great addition to the manual or even better: they could fix the assignments to a Remote which seems to be there somehow in a later FW-Update.

You are welcome to correct me here ;)

Yes, the Midi PC Code on screenshot set Rig Bank1 Slot 3. (Slot Number starts a '0')

I have also a M-Vave Chocolate. But I was not able to use USB-B of the profiler. So at this moment the Chocolate is a backup for Airstep.

I also tried, but failed with the B-Port - had the plan to use 2 M Vaves, one with the A and one with the B port :D.

Thanks for your reply. I will try that again with the M Vave.

For someone who, like me, will use a Head/Rack/Stage AND the Player: I plan on using the virtual buttons in forscore: one for changing the Head Performance to the song we play next and one button in case I bring the player. That would, for my usage, the ultimate solution for nearly every live/rehearsal-situation :)

Awesome, thank you! I have the M Vave Chocolate, which works fine. I was not able to send Midi-Changes from Forscore to the Player. From that point: is this the real Midi-Message u are sending (last screenshot)?

I use forscore for many years with my Head sending CC changes for changing my performances to the song we play next. That exact CC change wont work at the moment, but maybe I just try to send something wrong if the change you show in the screenshot works ;).

If someone is interested in how the M Vave should be "programmed" I am happy to help. Maybe it then is a good idea to gather all that information in some sort of documentation. Willing to help here...

Hi guys,

I want to assign the footswitch of the player to a dedicated stomp.

First footswitch should be stomp A, second footswitch stomp B, third footswitch stomp DLY.

I managed to get A and B working. I chose Effectslot I for the first footswitch and so on in the systems menu.

But what works with stomp A and B wont work with Dly. If I assign Effectslot III to footswitch 3 there are no lights shining. If I assign Dly to FX2 and then press FX2 and the footswitch I can switch Dly on off, but I wont see any lights on the footswitch.

What am I missing here?

Hi Flobudi,

meine 2 Cent, da ich beide Geräte habe:
    Player ist was für Leute, die entweder ein Pedalboard damit betreiben wollen (so wie ich) oder die den kleinen Formfaktor auf dem Schreibtisch oder beim "Schleppen" bevorzugen (trifft auch auf mich zu, nehme den kleinen für kleine, einfache Gigs / Proben vom Board, zu Hause steht er direkt auf dem Schreibtisch).

Aktuell ist es so, dass der Player 4 statt 8 Effektslots hat und in diesen auch aktuell noch weniger Effekte zur Verfügung stehen. Das kann sich ggf. ändern in Zukunft, darauf würde ich mich aber nicht verlassen, da es hier zwar viel Spekulation, seitens Kemper aber keine offizielle Aussage oder Timeline gibt.

Einziges PLUS neben dem Formfaktor/Gewicht ist, dass der Player WIFI und Bluetooth an Bord hat. WIFI kann man mit etwas tricksen beim Head "nachrüsten", Bluetooth nicht. Vor allem wenn du mal nur mit Kopfhörer und Handy schnell nen Jamtrack begleiten willst ist das schon praktisch beim Player.

Meine Empfehlung: wenn dich die Größe in keiner Weise zum Grübeln bringt und du auch kein Pedalboard planst und du darüber hinaus kein Bluetooth brauchst nimm den Head. Hier musst du dir dann nur Gedanken machen, wie du Rigs / Effekte usw. umschalten willst mit dem Fuß, denn das ist nur beim Stage oder Player out of the Box und ohne Zusatzhardware möglich.

Kemper 2.0 kann auf der NAMM angekündigt werden heute oder auch erst in 10 Jahren. Gibt keine brauchbaren Infos. Ich seh das beim Kemper aber entspannt: das Ding kann für mich alles, was man state of the art erwarten darf. Das ab und an kritisierte Display hat aus meiner Sicht mehr Vor- als Nachteile auf einer Bühne, da es immer super ablesbar ist, das hat mich beim QuadCortex im Sonnenlicht gestört. Touchscreen zum Editieren bekommst du über nen Tablet und die App wenn du WLAN nachrüstest oder nen LAN-Kabel dran hängst, da kannste aus meiner Sicht eh am besten mit editieren.

Ist meine MEINUNG, mögen andere anders sehen ;)

Nachtrag: Editieren am Gerät ist natürlich am Head um LÄNGEN einfacher als beim Player, beim Player kannst du bestimmte Funktionen gar nicht am Gerät selbst Editieren. Es ist im wahrsten Sinne des Wortes als PLAYER konzipiert (Abspielgerät), wo du die wichtigsten Parameter zwar ändern kannst aber eben noch lange nicht alle..

Next monday I will start my Pedalboard built.

Went for a Rockboard Quad 4.2 with the Mod1, Dc7 and Crux powersupply.

Regarding Midi: do you know if it is possible to connect usb a AND b midi with two controllers at the same time?

Plan is to connect two M Vave Chocolates to unleash full potential of the player.