Posts by patrick2099

I've been around and messed with high-quality versions of the Amazon stand. Both folding and weighted bases. The problem with any stand is the higher you go, the wider the base needs to be. Zero chance I trust something as heavy as a Profiler up that high. It's certainly solid, but one decent bump and it's all over. Those stands aren't meant to hold something that weighs nearly 12 pounds (13+ if powered) that high. They're designed for laptops and projectors that (often) weigh less than the stand itself.

I converted an old drum throne to have a flat board on top. Even at full extension its slightly over 24" high. My Head rests on their very solidly, but the stand is heavy (made by Gibraltor) and a pain to setup, take down and transport. I've used it at gigs, but look for ANY reason not to. Its sat against a wall at our rehearsal space for nearly a year.

I don't need anything higher than a 1x12 cab would sit. Kemper on top of that is at a reasonable height. That Amazon brand one I got actually seemed like it was pretty heavy duty and sturdy, but I was hoping to have something with a smaller footprint. I'd really like the Walmart one if I could find one made out of a little better material. Just curious what other solutions people have tried.

I know there have been some threads like this in the past, but I was wondering if there was anything new out there. I am looking for a lightweight, sturdy, foldable stand for my Kemper.

I have tried this cheap one from Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mai…athbdg=L1103&from=/search

and while I like the idea, the top doesn't sit completely flat and it is about as sturdy as you'd imagine a $20 stand from Walmart would be.

I tried a big tripod stand https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it is super sturdy, but it takes up more room than a speaker cabinet.

I tried a smaller tripod projector stand and it seemed a little wobbly.

If I could find something like the Walmart folding one, that sits flat, but is made out of better materials, that would be ideal. I like having the storage space under it, rather than the tripod design.

I haven't bought a lot of liquid profiles yet, but it would be nice to have some "raw" baseline profiles, some tweaked profiles, and some performances. That's the way Bert's new profile packs are set up. I liked when Michael Britt started including the performances with his packs and I figure he'll do the same in his future liquid packs. It gives a good starting point.

One of my favorite things about the Kemper is how I can find rigs set up to sound good "out of the box". I wasn't having to constantly fiddle with knobs, swap cabs, change mic placement, etc. like I had to do in modelers. That was my #1 preference of a profiler over a modeler. Having the ability to make realistic tweaks with the tone stacks is a great improvement, but it would be nice to still have profiles sounded good "out of the box".

I really like how Bert's new packs have some "raw" baseline profiles, some tweaked profiles, and some performances. This makes it easier to find something I initially like and then slightly tweak it. Hopefully the other profile creators can do something similar to what Bert did in their future liquid profiling packs.

yes sure i can lock the slots with my own FX, it's just pretty disapointing to buy a commercial profile pack where every profile has a reverb with an 8sec tail on it which personally i cannot use for anything cause such a long reverb tail just sounds crap. As mentioned earlier i bought the Tonejunkie pack because in his previous profile packs there was a greater variety in how profiles were set up.

after using the profiles for a while i also have to confirm what GLParrishmn said: once you remove all the FX what's left is pretty poor, for example there isn't a single really clean tone in there. The Fender profiles in comparison to the single free Mbritt liquid fender profile are xtremely poor for example.

I tried some of the Liquid American and Liquid British ones with the delay off and the reverb rolled down. I still did not get sounds I liked with it set like that. Everything sounded like it had a blanket over it. If I tweaked them, I could get them sounded better, and I guess that's the purpose of liquid profiles. Maybe the baseline settings for those sound better with single coils, which I did not try.

I haven't bought a lot of liquid profiles yet, but it would be nice to have some "raw" baseline profiles, some tweaked profiles, and some performances. That's the way Bert's new profile packs are set up. The liquid profiling thing is still pretty new, and I'm sure as people get more experience with them, things will improve. Tone Junkie has a lot of other profile packs I really like, has great customer service, and seems like a good dude. I'm not a big fan of the new liquid packs though, without tweaking.

That's interesting. Appreciate you finding that and sharing it. I had been setting the low pass/high cut to around 6200 and the high pass low cut to around 80-100, depending on the room. Looks like I may be able to drop the highs down a little more.

solution :

after turning on the kemper, switch on each of the patches recorded in the performance mode (make sure to load the performances that it would have possibly passed, the order of loading does not matter).

After loading patches once, the kemper no longer skips any performance

So far that seems to be helping. Very odd, but it definitely looks like a software issue -- especially since it is happening with the toaster, with the remote, and with a midi mongoose footswitch. Thanks.

solution :

after turning on the kemper, switch on each of the patches recorded in the performance mode (make sure to load the performances that it would have possibly passed, the order of loading does not matter).

After loading patches once, the kemper no longer skips any performance

I don't get on here often. Problem is still happening on 9.0.8.46641 from July 31, 2023. It happens with the buttons on the Toaster, on a third party footswitch, and on the Kemper remote.

I will try your workaround the next couple times I start up my Kemper. Thanks for the suggestion!

There's also likely to be a bunch o' folks who're still on an old macOS, such as myself (macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra), who can't run the version of Rig Manager required for Kemper OS10.

Yah. I don't like surprises. Especially surprises that don't occur at rehearsal first.

I still have a weird issue with my Kemper where I press the remote button or toaster button to go up or down one performance bank, and it does two. It's a minor annoyance, as I don't change banks during songs, just slots in the same performance, but it keeps me paranoid. I leave my Kemper, Rig Manager, tablets, and mixer software alone until I know I am going to have personal time and rehearsal time between gigs.

Hi Tom, I'm honestly a bit surprised at the lack of responses too..I was starting to wonder what that could be..Well, thanks for your response, that's very nice to hear!!!

I don't think the lack of response has anything to do with your profiles, but rather the Kemper update itself. My guess is a lot of people who gig regularly, but only have one Kemper, don't want to install the latest updates without those updates having been released to the public for a while. That is personally my case. The liquid profiling seems like a big update and I don't want anything broken or any surprises.

I need a block of time where we don't have gigs but do have practice time line up, before I can update it, have a few full practices, and feel comfortable that nothing weird is going to happen at my next gig.

Anyone else having trouble getting the Crunchy Pack profiles into Rig Manager? The Smooth Pack loaded in fine, but I can't get the Crunchy profiles in either with copy and paste or by dragging them into the folder. I know this happened once before, but I can't remember how I resolved it.

Edit: Solved. Downloaded again and it worked fine. My guess is I was in the compressed folder and not the regular one.

Recorded live on our recent tour of the netherlands (holland)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

First time hearing this. Sounds amazing. Do you have any idea what profiles you used for this?

Applied it yesterday, and no new issues last night. Only thing I noticed was that delay is always on, on the first performance I load up. I always turn the Kemper off on the same performance (Performance 4 slot one) that doesn't have delay on. All I have to do is go up a bank and then down a bank and it is corrected though. Definitely not caused by anything between August 2022 and now, though, because it's been happening as long as I can remember. No big deal though.

Currently running 8.7.10.38833 from July 2022. Not having any issues, but I'm pretty far behind the latest. Have a two week break before my next gig, so I can get several personal and probably one full band practice in.

Is the latest full-release version working pretty well for everyone, or should I stick with, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?