Posts by patrick2099

I'm looking to get a cheap, temporary solution for power, until my XiTone ships in later October/early November. I'm really looking to stay under $255 or so.

I have a few cabs I can use -- one 90 watt 1x12 and one 120 watt 2x12, and saw the iNuke 1000DSP was pretty cheap. I know... I know... Behringer... However, I play out maybe eight times a year, so I don't need something "road worthy". I need something to get me by for a few months until the XiTone is delivered, and to use as a backup after that.

Has anyone tried this particular model with the Kemper? I know that it would be a weak link in the audio chain, but the weakest link will still be me. Another option would be a cheap PA speaker like the Alto TS212, which I should be able to get for $255, if Musician's Friend honors that latest coupon, by phone, which they haven't been doing lately. They've really been sticking to the coupons only applying to "select" gear. I used to be able to call and get them to apply the coupon to anything, but haven't had much success, lately.
    I'm really trying to avoid adding larger pieces of equipment that won't be used much to my "gear museum", though.

I'm open to other suggestions, as well. Thanks everyone.

I went and checked on Bert's, and feel like an idiot, now. I thought that it was WAY more expensive than it was, which is why I was waiting for it to go on sale. I must have been seeing things.

12.36 € is a great deal, and if I would have known that was the price, I would have bought it a long time ago. It sounds excellent, as well. Thanks for the advice, everyone. @Mattfig and @breu definitely both have amazing Brown Eye packs!

I think that there were some free samples of The Amp Factory Artisan 30 profiles out there. Search for TheAmpFactory on the Rig Exchange. I don't know if these were beta versions or just a subset of what he offers. @and44 could probably tell you more.

I

I know what you mean!! I think Mick is a bit backed up. Tomorrow will be 9 weeks since I ordered a custom Xitone 4×12" cabinet. Hard to wait!!

Yah. The wait sucks, but he was up front with me about it. I'd rather wait a few months and get exactly what I want than to settle one something else. Now, I just need to resist the temptation to grab something cheaper to use in the meantime. I'm fine playing my Kemper with studio monitors, and have other stuff to play if I need to get louder. The DXR10 sure is tempting me, though =)

@lonestargtr, Thanks for sharing the pics! Looks great! I would call that a removable panel, and not a port. When I think of a port, I think of a little circular thing. That looks like it would be just as good as a closed back, to me.

Mick told me that the amps were backordered until late October. The amp in your pics doesn't appear to have a fan in it, like the one on the website does. I wasn't aware that he used multiple amp vendors. Did you have a preference between the Matrix and Dayton amp?

I'm almost certain that this would be the best fit for me, but I'm not sure if I can stand waiting until November. I'm half tempted to get a DXR10 and order the XiTone, with the intention of selling the DXR10 when I get the XiTone. I have a feeling that this would just end up with me having something else taking up space, though. Plus, between the Kemper and the profiles, I've spent way more money than I should have on my midlife crisis =)

I just looked at the XiTone MBritt cab. I wouldn't call that a "port", in the sense of the term used in pro audio speakers/monitors. It is a half open, in which the open mesh vent can be replaced with a solid panel, making it a closed back. I suppose there could exist port(s) in the front, behind the grill cloth...but if they exist, it is not apparent from the pictures, or the features description on the page.

By the way, for the record, I own the XiTone 1x12 passive wedge, and I couldn't recommend XiTone more highly. Mick is great to work with, and his products are absolute top notch in quality. :thumbup:

Cheers,
    John

From talking to Mick, my guess is that what is shown on the website may be an older model. @lonestargtr said that it had a removable back, but Mick said that the newest version had a "removable port cover" in an email. I've never had a ported cab, but I do have a cab with a removable back panel, so maybe I'm just over-analyzing the semantics. @GLiDE-BPM may be able to answer the question, since he has a newer model of the cab.

You are right about Mick though. He has been very honest, thorough, and helpful, so far.

I use my convertible open/closed back one closed most of the time and it's as tight or tighter than any 1x12" cab or FRFR I've used.

Thanks for the info, Glide. I'm guessing it was you I messaged on another forum, and I appreciate the info.

Isn't the XiTone Michael Britt monitor/cab convertible, as standard...or is that an extra option?

The XiTone Mbritt has a port that can be sealed. I've never had a ported amp or cab, but I'm almost certain that the MBritt cab with the port plugged is what I need. I'm also looking at the Gemini 1, as well, but I'm not sure that I can justify the extra cash when the XiTone looks exactly like what I'm looking for, on paper.

After confirming with @godi that US citizens aren't charged VAT, I found a receipt in my spam folder. I was only charged 5.87, not 6.99. I don't know if there was an issue with my browser not refreshing the page or if I was just seeing things. Either way, I really like the profiles, and godi responded very quickly to my question. I'm sure I'll be back for a few more.

Now i know why i missed this
    @patrick2099

Hi Pat/J and ALL , Patrick if you use the "@" symbol it will let some one know about your Q and they will answer your questions sooner, sorry i missed this :). I am just making you look bad for not doing the @ symbol so i dont look bad for missing it LOL

Ash

Haha! No problem!

It's an older pack called Marshall JCM 800 HOTMOD (Profiles for Strat, Tele and Gibson and some bonus profiles). Ask Andy from TAF about that pack if you are interested.

Thanks. I'd really like to hear the difference between the older ones and the newer ones, but didn't hear any sound clips of the newer ones.