Posts by patrick2099

I grabbed a few of your packs and really like them, so far. I like that there is a good variety of lower and medium gain ranges, since that is what I typically hard a harder time finding. I do have one question for @godi, though. There is an asterisk by the prices that says VAT tax is included in the price. It that supposed to be that way, for US customers as well? Getting hit with VAT and exchange rate sucks, but the profiles were still worth the price. I got the red 800, the 40th anniversary JTM45, the JCM 900 SL-X, and the Orange JCM2000, and all of them are very good!

Have you compared Top Jimi's JTM45 to The Amp Factory's Pack 10 JTM45, by any chance? I haven't bought any profiles for the JTM45 yet, and am wondering which may be the best. Also open to other suggestions, as well.

Try the jcm 800 from TAF

Exactly this.And nothing else!

Not that I need any more 800s, but are you all referring to the Pack 10 JCM800 or a different version? I can't find any sound clips for the Pack 10 version.

I have my FRFR choice narrowed down to a Yamaha DXR10 and a XiTone Michael Britt with a closed back. As I mostly use Michael's profiles for everything but metal and punk, so I'm sure I'll like it for everything else. I can't find many reviews for this, though, so I was wondering how it would handle metal and punk, using a closed-back option, and if the cleans/edge of breakup still sound good with the closed back. I only use six string guitars and the lowest I tune is drop D flat, so I'm much concerned with low-end tightness than the ability to go super low. Thanks!

Glad it's sorted out. It's a good idea to get familiar with the studio eq and graphic eq when you get some time. I run a cheap spectrum analyzer app on my phone, and while it's probably not completely accurate it shows me a decent representation of the frequencies coming out of my speakers. I like to set one eq in my "pre amp" slot 3, and another in the X slot. I use the slot 3 to shape the distortion character, and high pass/low pass. I use the spec analysis data to cut fizzy and cocked wah like frequencies. The X slot is for further refinement of the overall sound. It's also useful to know the frequency chart of the speakers you use(if you use power amp and cab via monitor out). I never use the eq presets as they don't account for playing style i.e. "Metal" can mean Cannibal Corpse or Judas Priest, very different eq preference! When you know where your speaker frequencies start and end, you can cut out some of the frequencies not utilized. I typically cut the lows below 50hz and the highs above 10khz, this is broader than my speakers can even produce, but when we play live it's nice to have a little more sound spectrum available through the PA.

i use the graphic eq to cut low and high. I also take out sone 640 hz with humbuckers, playing on profiles made for single coils. Ive never tried before the amp, though, just in the X slot.
    I really haven't messed with the studio eq since using it to cut fizz on an hd500. I haven't needed it on the Kemper. I have no idea what the metal eq type is, but I'm pretty sure it is a type andnot a preset.

Here is a short test of all of the high gain rhythm patches of the pack. We all love that Pull me under riff, and i thought that Dream Theater stuff would be great to test the Mark 4 rhythm sounds... :thumbup:

The profiles are (in that specific order): Beefy rhythm, Sassy rhythm, The Crusher, The Whip and Tight rhythm.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sounds great!

I am really liking the Marshall 800 and SL in the Rig Pack as well. I swear... Every time I say I'm not buying another 800, I find another one that I like. Which pack is that SL from?

Yep, this one is more of a mix ready sound.

Would live to hear some sound samples.

Here's a short improv clip with a JB in a Schecter C1 Classic. The playing is even sloppier than normal, due to a yard work incident.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I thought that it was darker and didn't have the fizz I typically associate with 5150s. I was worried it would get buried in the mix, but it actually sounded really good with EZDrummer.

I think it's more a matter of the streaming services not being able/willing to go through all uploads to determine whether it's in fair use or not...

I'm sure your right, in my case. My clip was only up for about 15 seconds, so it was most likely automatically flagged due to either the title or digital fingerprinting of the contents. I used a backing track with original vocals, instead of the ones I normally use.

I'm trying to decide between the Yamaha DXR10 and the Michael Britt Xitone. The Yamaha gets great reviews, has a great warranty, and I'm sure I would love it. I can find less info on the Michael Britt one, but it I like all of the configuration options. I also like the way it looks. Plus, if it is good enough for him, it is definitely good enough for me. I just don't know if I want to pay double the price when I will probably only play in front of people a few times a year.

That sucks (that it was taken down, not the video, which sounded awesome). I just had a cover I played to a backing track taken down on Soundcloud. I would hope that using covers to demonstrate a product would fall under the "fair use" policy, but maybe the record companies want "advertising" money from profile sellers. You obviously weren't trying to take album sales from these bands or sell your sound clip. I'm all for intellectual property protection for bands, but sometimes this gets ridiculous.