Posts by patrick2099

there you go TAF search TrainwreckI really love the Supro from Andy as well

Thanks! Are you using this with humbuckers or single coils? If I remember correctly, the TAF profiles I tried all sounded better with my single coil guitars, as opposed to my humbucker guitars. It may have just been the profiles I tried though. I'll have to go back through some of their profiles, since I hear a lot of good about them.

I just started the Kemper, to check if anything was locked. I checked all three EQs, and they all appear to be fine, now. I can't remember if I turned it off and on again, which is almost always the first step I always take with any computer-related problem.

I can't explain why it happened, but all appears to be well now. I had never set any of the EQs to such absurd values, and assume that I've never loaded a profile with those values set.

Thanks.

funny martin, I own some of mbritt packs and were looking for top jimi's super leads but the free samples sound weak to me despite the overall good returns on his profiles. I also own some celestion IRs (G12M and G12H) which I consider a good deal, better than most kemper cabs I've tried (maybe I'm not lucky) and TJ superleads sound way better to me with these. I haven't tried swapping cabs on mbritts cause they are studio and he dials better than anyone but as of today I haven't reached a SL tone that fully satisfies me

so I second your point and request for mbritt to profile a 100W SL through G12M

note: my best tone is andy's trainwreck, a true hot plexi beast. all profiles of the pack are huge and the price is like nothing.

Which one is Andy's Trainwreck? Thanks.

Haven't had much time with them yet, but my initial impressions are great! I think that I liked all of them except for Dreamy, because it made me think of killer clowns, exorcisms, and other scary stuff. I guess it should be Nightmare-y =)

I'm sure someone would be able to make it less scary than me, though. There are a great range of tones and gain levels. Now, I just need to learn how to play like you and Eltzejupp, so I can make use of the lead profiles.

I had a chance to try out a few more of the samples, with headphones, and a Schecter C1 Classic, with a JB and Jazz. I still want to try them louder with some other guitars, as well.

The BE100 Clean Chime is one of my favorite clean profiles, and definitely my favorite Brown Eye clean.

The Hammer Cln V30 also sounds great.

All three of the Lonestar clips sound excellent. I judge clean and edge of breakup stuff my the Michael Britt packs I bought. Those are the gold standard for me. These cleans are right up there with the gold standard, in my opinion.

The Salvation Supra Bold LG Lo and Motor City Clean Alnico didn't really work for me, with this guitar. They sounded like I had the tone rolled down really low. I'm sure they would work great for jazz or to mellow out a really bright guitar, though.

The Salvation Deluxe Pushed V30 is probably my new favorite Deluxe. It responds very well to picking dynamics and the volume knob. Seems really versatile.

I'm not typically a fan of Orange amps, but I actually liked the Salvation GraphicOR Alnico

The Sacred Groove MK2204 LB sounded just as good as the other 800s I have, and as I said earlier, the Jubilee is my new favorite Jubilee.

The JJ and Atomica didn't work for me. I went to YouTube and listened to clips of both amps, and confirmed that those amps just aren't my favorites.

The JF MKC+ V30 had the same issue for me as the other really high gain ones you put in the free pack. I just don't typically use really high gain. Like the others, though, turning the gain down made the profile sound really good, to me.

All in all, I had no ideas what your profiles were about, going into this. I had never heard of the MTS system before, so I had initially kind of ruled them out. I'm glad I got in contact with you, though, because you have some damn good profiles! I've definitely added a few of the ones I've tried to my "need to buy" list. The Laboga, Lonestar, Hammer, and probably the Deluxe are all on the list. I may end up grabbing the packs with the 800s in them too, even though the last thing I need is more 800 profiles.

Thanks for the awesome profiles!

I'm not sure exactly when this happened, but I noticed that if I select any of the equalizer effects (Graphic, Studio, or Metal), they all have the settings messed up. This is using the Type knob, not the Browse knob, so I'm not selecting presets I made or saved.

For the graphic equalizer, every band is set to -12dB. The high and low cut are at the normal stock values.

The Studio EQ has the gain for every band set to -12dB, and all of the frequencies set to very low, but not minimum values (e.g. High Freq 110.0 Hz)

The Metal EQ is set similarly to the Studio EQ.

Has anyone seen this before and/or have an idea as to how to fix it? Thanks.

Close, but some perceptible differences (I don't wanna say too much here about that, but you will have test on youtube down the line where people can make their own conclusions anyway by listening to test, which is how I prefer to do things). That was with distortion and direct profile.

As useful as that would be, I don't think I'd currently recommend any type of test unless you do it with an account that can't be linked back to your account here.

In my headphones it seemed the IR in the DAW had more of an extended frequency response vs being a little more rounded in the Kemper. Preference is the key of course. Would be easier to hear a difference with the gain up.

I was listening on $12 headphones. Probably not the best choice. I can leave them at work without worrying about them being stolen though =)

I really like the idea of having the option to save the settings to the rig in Rig Manager (or may a copy of the rig, so you don't accidentally overwrite one you may not be able to get back).

I really liked the Marshall 2555. The Laboga and Brown Eye had WAY more gain than I ever use. I turned the gain down to halfway, expending them to sound kind of thin, but at half gain they sounded great to me! I'm guessing that the real versions with lower gain sound even better than by using the volume knob. Also, I like that your profiles aren't using exaggerated effects. It is much easier for me to audition profiles with no effects and then add them later.

If I played lead, I'm sure I'd find a use for the Buddy. All of the other ones sounded good too, but I ended up spending most of my time on the 2555, the Laboga, and the Brown Eye.

I had no intention of buying any more Marshall profiles for a while, but I really liked the 2555, so I ended up grabbing it. I'll probably pick up that Laboga too. How many different gain levels did you profile on that one?

which aldrich profile was this? Thanks.