Posts by patrick2099

Same IR loaded in the same profile using CabMaker 2 to convert.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The cabmaker one sounds a little bit more lively, but I'm listening on a phone with cheap headphones. I liked both.

This clip had the IR loaded in the DAW. Will try to reamp with the same IR converted with CabMaker to see if there is a difference.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That sounds great. What amp profile did you use with the ir?

Here is a short rock tune with US modern 4 played with PRS SC245. Beefy crunch for rhythm guitars, edited Beefy crunch for solo guitars (gain 6, bass 0, mids +1, treble 0, presence 0, added delay and reverb).

External Content www.youtube.com

That sounds great!

Keep in mind the market is ridiculously saturated at the moment. Keep producing top notch profiles and word will spread :thumbup:
    With free profiles, maybe add just one that people can download from your website for each pack? Or make one pack free, or really cheap (like $2) so people get an idea of your sounds. I wouldn't give too much of your work away for free.

I like the idea of one or maybe two from each pack, if you want different gain levels. I hadn't thought of that one. Just not enough to make someone think they got enough free that they didn't need to buy anything. If I have one or two good ones, I get to thinking "What else am I missing". Then the GAS (or is it PAS) kicks in.

The cheap pack is a good idea, too. I also agree that word of mouth works best. Without that I probably wouldn't have even looked into a lot of vendors I've ended up liking.

So how can I earn your business guys? I am happy to provide some samples if you send me an email address and what tones you're after....I think my pricing is very good considering the countless hours I've put into making profiles which is an art in itself....

www.mattfig,com has everything you need and with code SUMMER, you can enjoy 25% off your entire purchase...

Thanks much and hope to hear from you,
    Mattfig

I think that the easiest way would be to put a sample pack on your websites or directly on here. Every vendor I have bought packs from had a fair amount of free profiles, either in a Rig Pack or on their website. After playing several of the free ones, I can get an idea if they work for me, for particular types of music. I know that you offered samples via message or email, and have been meaning to take you up on it, but it is easier to just download a free pack of samples.

Everything else I would consider to be important (clips, discounts, and forum participation), you are already doing.

why dont people create rigs by artist or song and post them on the exchange... i see so few like that... would be nice... :) anyone know a location to get rigs by song, artist etc...?

Big Hairy Profiles has artist profiles. I bought a few of his packs and they sound great.

Not sure if I'm allowed to link to commercial packs, here, but BHP is in the commercial section.

Yeah, it's the Rock! one with the exclamation mark at the end :)
    Actually, there is another one from EZD 1 which might be of interest to rock and metal musicians, the Rock Solid EZX, recorded by Randy Staub: https://www.toontrack.com/product/rock-solid-ezx/

Rock!, Metal!, and Progressive all sounded good in the demos on thewebsite. Those were probably at the top of my list. I need to go through some of the other rock and metal ones, though.

I have those two and Nashville. Just grabbed Alt-Rock, yesterday but hadn't had a chance to try it out yet. I'm still not sure if I like the kick drums on Metal Machine, but I need to mess around with it some more.

@SivvieSiv is the Rock ezx you are referring to "Rock!"? I wasn't really sure which ones were newer or if the newer ones were better than the older ones. I'm mainly just trying to get some ideas the next time I see a sale.

Just my 2 cents...I ordered my Kemper without hearing it in person...after seeing the "Nashville" video on YouTube....an amazing device that has not let me down...perfect? Probably not but was able to use it for 3 shows a weekend for a number of years...my favorite story involved a legendary tube amp repair man that asked me after a gig which Marshall and Fender amps was I using and where the amps were stored back stage...I apologized and pointed at my Kemper...

Which Kemper Nashville video?

I'm still pretty new to the Kemper - but the $55 Silent Underground Studio profile pack has been far and away my most disappointing purchase to date. I watched all their YouTube videos and was intrigued but the majority of them are *extremely* thin-sounding - at least in comparison to all the other profiles I've purchased (I have made some select purchases from MBritt, Dr. Z , Big Hairy Profiles, Choptones).

I have read some good things about them and am curious what adjustments people have made...

I've checked out so many profiles that it is hard to keep them all straight. If I remember correctly, the SUS ones were done with different gear than the original tones, and tone matched, somehow. I could be remembering incorrectly, though. I also don't think I could find samples from them, so I ruled them out.

Its not bastardizing, i love it as a rhythm sound lol :) The whole point of the pack was (as seen in the "tips for editing" video) was to make it as versatile as possible! With adding some reverb, delay or other effects, playing with eq and adding or lowering the gain you can make every patch rhythm/crunch/solo or whatever... :)

Well, I think you did a damn good job with that! I'll have to go back and watch that video. I must have missed that one in this thread.

This is a cool test, its interesting to see LoG Solo profile in rhythm guitar context... :)

Haha! I knew I was bastardizing it based upon the name of the profile. It was easier to hear without the drums, but it was interesting hearing the difference in brightness that the delay and reverb added. Even though it was a lead profile, I really liked the sound of it for rhythm. It cuts through well, without sounding harsh. Plus, if I did a lead test, I could make any profile sound like two cats fighting.

Based on the discussion in here, and trying to learn a few things, I made a few quick clips to test out the effects of disabling the delay and messing around with the reverb. The first clip is stock. The second clip has the delay disabled. In the third one, I left the delay off, and also changed the following reverb parameters:

Mix 8.7
    Time 2.0
    Damping 4.5
    Predelay 93
    Bandwidth 1
    Frequency -2.5

I really have no idea what I'm doing with the reverb, so I used the same method I use for my terrible cooking -- throw random stuff around.

The clips I sent you had the DAW reverb and delay turned off. I noticed that when I exported the clips the MBritt clip sounded darker than it usually does on my DAW. I also noticed that the exported clip of your profile sounded less high end. I'm going to have to check the reverb and delay to see if they're adding high end EQ. Thanks for you help.

I have noticed that delay and reverb for a lot of presets does increase the high end, in my setup. I usually just turn the delay off, because I have no idea how to properly tweak it. I usually just use enough reverb to feel it, rather than hear it. I'm not a huge delay fan, but learning how to use it is still on my list of things to learn.

You don't need to run Reaper to be able to monitor your Kemper with the Focusrite. So your Reaper settings are most likely not the reason you are not hearing your Kemper. If you plan to record with Reaper however, be sure to check the input configuration.

I was used to having the wet/dry mix set to full wet, since I was using software modelers. Setting it to dry lets me hear it without having a track armed/audible in Reaper. Thanks.