Posts by guitarsaladbar

As I've said elsewhere, if you set your guitar-input level correctly on the KPA and record and play that back to it at unity gain, you'll never have to think about levels. The signal-to-noise ratio is irrelevant with any decent modern interface, as I also said. I'm speaking specifically about DI and reamping, 'cause that involves more than just the route into the computer and is therefore the "ultimate" test of the efficacy of the analogue method.

Doesn't this depend on the profile that you choose? For instance, I would always set my gain on my inteface higher or lower on high or low level gain profiles. The gain would even change on various profiles from the same author (Bert Meulendijk), which are fairly well balanced volume wise.

Does S/PDIF completely eliminate this problem?

From what I understand now it's certainly not a must to have the S/PDIF capability, especially for the small scale projects I'm using it for. Even if I could hear the difference (unlikely), it probably becomes indistinguishable in the mix anyway.
    However, even if I don't need S/PDIF right now, I might regret buying the cheaper interface in two years, thus costing me extra money. First world problems I guess :D

Anyway I really appreciate your input, thank you all :thumbup:

Hello guys!

So I'm looking for a new USB audio interface, because my current one (Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 on newest driver) doens't work well with my Windows 10 for some reason. I often see on the forum that S/PDIF is a huge plus for recording, but is it worth it to buy a small interface with S/PDIF? It is a pretty big price difference from what I've seen on the better known brands (about €120 versus €220). I'm not interested in the cheaper interfaces.

I'm very interested in the opinion of all Kemper fanatics with recording experience on this forum :)

Thanks so much everyone! Had a blast making it and these awesome profiles just made it so much more easy and enjoyable :D

Hi Frank, first of all welcome to the forum and your forum entry is just great man !!!! Very cool track, playing, time and sound So thanks very much for sharing !!!
    I love SG's man. It was the first "real" guitar I ever bought and it will be the last one that leaves the building if I ever gonna sell my guitars

Thanks a lot Bert! I'm glad you like it. I love my SG, was my first proper guitar as well. Has such a big tone for such a light guitar, will never sell it either ;) It has a scratched and dented neck, worn frets which are in desperate need of replacement but still my favorite guitar.

Cheers, Frank

Hello Bert! First time posting here, just wanted to say thanks for the amazing profiles. Having an absolute blast with them!

If you like you can check out a song I made with a variety of your profiles. Mainly profies from Pack 2 and the crazy good BVerb Pack.

Thanks again Bert! :D

Cheers Frank

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.