Posts by MarshallTSL

Do someone have experiences with the laney X frfr? I found a good deal and am quite tempted since it is really very light....
    Does it sound well with the kemper? Is it loud to keep up with drummer?
    Amlethic question...dxr10 or laney?

Yeah - I have two IRT-X Laney units that I run in a Wet-Dry-Wet config. Very small, very light, very powerful, very loud. I spent about $700 for two of them. I had considered the AccuGrooves, the Friedman, Mission, Atomic and several keyboard amps but they were all much more expensive or weighed too much and I couldn't justify either. I picked the Laney's partly because of the price, but mostly because of how well designed they appear to be. I can use them as extension cabinets to my Marshall or Mesa amps. I can use them one at a time to give me a stereo image from the Marshall or Mesa. Or, I can go full Wet-Dry-Wet and still have the flexibility to send L & R images to a FOH or monitor mix. And, they're active speakers, delivering about 200w Class D each. And they don't weigh very much. I'm putting them on On-Stage Compact Speaker Stands to reduce floor clutter, but also make it easier to make adjustments or cable changes.

Folks,

I'm a perfectly confused noob, and my apologies in advance. But can anyone point me to a definitive place that describes which kind of cable I use for which jack on the Powered Head?

Obviously, the XLR sockets are self-explanatory. And I'm pretty sure that I need to use a 1/4" TS Speaker Cable for the "Speaker Output" jack to connect a passive speaker cab. But what about the other 1/4" sockets?

Am I supposed to use a guitar instrument cable or a speaker cable on:

Return Input
    Alternative Input
    Direct Output / Send
    Monitor Output
    Main Output Left / Right

Help?

Thanks in advance.