Posts by musicmad

Might be a workflow issue we are thinking about: The performance name is part of the performance. If you have the performance opened, you are in editing mode and your state will get discarded when you leave it. When you select another performance without loading, you will offline-edit it and it will be saved immediately. So it doesn't always behave the same.. This can be confusing - is this your issue? ^^

This was on the list with different symptoms for a while, it is our plan to fix this for the next version now.

Okay I think I get it, finally :D The editor shows it all right, but the Rig Manager inspector and Cabinet Columns don't revert when using COPY/PASTE buttons.. Might be a side effect of something else, so I'll write it down and see if it continues after the next few changes. Thanks for the effort to make it reproducible :)

That is very likely. Thanks!

Question: When working on Profiler performances in Rig Manager do you ever need to hit store on the profiler? It's really unclear to me. I just tried this:

1. I changed the name of a performance that recides on my profiler so something else. It took a few tries before it stuck on the profiler itself. Do I need to hit store on the profiler? Or not? It seemed to stick even if I didn't

2. Then I changed the name of two rigs in the same performance, still on the profiler. This time it stuck the first time around. No store needed.

3. But now I can't get any name change on the profiler performance to stick (haven't tried hitting store since it doesn't seem to be needed).

How is this supposed to work? Can anyone confirm what the official stated procedure is? Do we hit store on the profiler or not when editing profiler performances in RM?

...I just went out, turned on my Kemper..Went to "Performance Mode"..Pulled up a performance , went to a slot of mine that I worked on loaded up..turn the "Browse" knob so a different Profile loads up..I don't hit save,...I scroll to a different slot, then back to the one I was just working on, guess what? The new profile is loaded and saved (in that slot), my preset gone...I turn it off, and back on, go to "Performance Mode", my preset is still gone and now contains the new profile... It is SAVING. Again, my preformance preset slot no longer contains my profile....

Keep in mind that turning on and off does nothing as the edit buffer is persistent. You need to navigate to another rig in another performance and back in order the revert they changes.

This frustrates me too. Navigating to another performance and then back does not bring back your original performance. It just brings back up the unwanted overwritten performance. This bug should be fixed. I would rather have to manually save any changes through menu button presses than have it automatically overwrite your performance when it was not your intention to overwrite it. In browse mode if you tweak a rig and don’t manually save it and switch to another rig in the browser and then go back to the original rig your tweaks are not saved. Why can’t performance mode work the same way?

Even if you navigate to another performance and select a rig in it and then go back?

Yeah it's a good trick. Also see

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not on purpose. But maybe sometimes the pedal gets plugged in after the Kemper is powered on. But that's just something I'm guessing at. What's the theory behind that? Is there a known issue?

Yes. The Kemper has an auto-calibration feature, so the short-circuit that briefly appears when you plug it in will tell the Kemper that the pedal is able to deliver a smaller resistance (0 ohms or so) than the toe position is able to once calibrated.

They sound as AXE-FX designer has decided, that particular amp sounds. It changed through different firmwares.

Only Kemper sounds like miked amp. With Kabinet it will come even closer to the amp with amp in the room thing.

We hope...

it does work. I think you might just be hearing a change in volume and perceiving that as a change in sound. You can adjust the looper volume to compensate.

I do believe that in some situations it can happen (or was the bug fixed?). Something about studio profiles or whatever.