Posts by Chickster

I am in a cover band and we rehearse in our drummer's garage. we have a crappy pa that is just not loud enough to keep up with the amps and drums. We want to play some small outdoor parties in town and want to get a better PA system.

I have an Antelope Audio Orion Studio with 12 mic pre's and 4 on-board mixers and would like to use it so I just need power and speakers. How big should the speakers be and how powerful of an amp? We will blend the whole band, guitars, bass, drums and vocals through the pa but it needs to keep up with the actual amps and drums and I am not sure what to get.

What should I get for my 4 piece party band? I have heard about QSC K12 but would be curious about others.

Floor controllers and editing software sound nice but how about this idea for a quantum leap in Kemper technology:

Currently one might find a rig profiled with the knobs on the subject amp on one setting. Then, there is often a separate or several separate profiles for other settings on the same amp. So, instead of turning up the kemper's "local" gain or treble or whatever, there is a separate profile. Switching between the two only takes a second or two.

Now, fast forward with me into the future...

Since the profiles are so small something like 6kb, how about we take 10,000 profiles of an amp with every permutation and combination of the amp's dials being a separate profile. With this new idea when you turn up the gain on the Kemper it is actually switching profiles. Turn it up again and it is another profile still. Turn the bass up a bit and it's actually a separate profile again, smoothly and seamlessly going from profile to profile like you would experience turning the dials on the real amp i.e. with no delays or hiccups. The sounds would not take on any personality from the Kemper. Maybe the range of sounds in between profiles would be extrapolated.

As processing speeds go up and storage costs go down, maybe this is how these machines will work in the future? The response of the dials would exactly match the source amp.

What do you think Mr. Kemper?

Hi everyone, nubie here. I have a couple of boss FS – 5U foot switches which I use with airturn to change lyric pages in onsong. Whatever.

My question is: I understand that the boss switches can be used to turn stops on and off or maybe they could control something else, I don't know. Is that true? What connections but I have to make or what settings when I have to change on the control panel? Can anyone help with this question?

Love this idea. Most people are bedroom rockers and would love to easily get the sound of angus young or EVH or SRV or whomever. If you were good at it people would subscribe and who knows, even pay. Of course the type of guitar you are playing has a huge impact on the overall sound and you cannot compensate for that. You can't get a Stevie Ray Vaughan sound from a Les Paul.

It would be a lot easier if I could just double click on your set up in rig manager rather than following on the screen how you set it up, dial by dial

Hi all, new owner here. Question about saving and recalling stomps. Best as I can tell, when in browsing mode, you can load various stomps into the various slots. If you change to another rig from within browser mode or rig manager and then change back to the first rig your stomps choices are gone unless you save them to that profile. Correct? And how exactly do you do this?

Second question: Even if you do save them to that 1st profile (and I'm not sure if that's what you do inside browsing mode or if that's something you need to do within performance mode or what the pros and cons of each would be) if I'm not mistaken, once you change to the next rig the stomps don't come with you, you have to reload those same stomps if you like them into the next rig. Isn't there some way to tell the Kemper to keep whatever stomps I currently have loaded even as I change from rig to rig? Is that a bad idea?

Am I correct that this would be another excellent use of a software editor?

Thanks for replying. I see everything available for download on the website is now available on Rig Manager either as a download or as an audition, so no need to download things from the website.

Here's the question: if I unplug from my computer are the new delays shown in Rig Manager already loaded on the Kemper by virtue of my having updated to 5.2 or must I transfer files from rig manager in order to have them appear natively as choices inside of the Kemper?

Just got my new Kemper, immediately downloaded the new rig manager 2.0 and the newly released operating system 5.2. Everything works perfectly.

I see that there are other things to download from the download page. The Britt stuff, the delay presets etc. do I need to download these or are they already on my Kemper by virtue of my having update to the latest OS? Is this OS update cumulative?

Just got my new Kemper, immediately downloaded the new rig manager 2.0 and the newly released operating system 5.2. Everything g works perfectly.

I see that there are other things to download from the download page. The Britt stuff, the delay presets etc. do I need to download these or are they already on my Kemper by virtue of my having update to the latest OS? Is this OS update cumulative?

Sometimes it is easier to use your computer and the rig manager to change rigs Instead of turning knobs on the Kemper. Other times like during a live performance a computer is not desirable.

Similarly it would be convenient to be able to fill your stomp slots or even change the levels of the various parameter knobs by using your computer. To live performers this will seem silly. To those who like the computer interface this seems like a very easy software addition to the rig manager which many people would find appealing. Perhaps even a few people who like that aspect of the Axe Fx.