Posts by ZSchneidi

Thanks mate this camper plus kit looks interesting but the problem with this is that i had no chance to try this first.
    I would need to buy the unloaded cab and build the whole thing to try it. in case that it isn't good i couldn't return the
    cap because you need to modify it ;)

This is pretty risky. But interesting to know this exists.

Ok man i guess i have to give it a try and experience it myself.

I had the Presonus Studio 68 in mind and need to know how this thing will drive my
    Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro headphones these have 250 ohms and are harder to drive anyways.
    So this will be a pretty subjective thing again.

But on my little focusrite i have to turn the headphone output up to 11 to get even decent volume.
    So i guess the hp amp in this thing is just crap.

Best thing would be to go into a store and check it out right there.

Heh no you can't have my job i need the money to buy guitar related stuff ^^
    I'm a total gear nut and there is no szenario in which i really NEED these two systems.
    But I'm pretty picky with sound quality and how my rig has to work and sound.
    So yeah I spend a stupid amount of money but for me this is well spend cuz this stuff only
    exists cuz we all gonna buy this.
    And the Money doesn't hurt me much.

One example what i mean with the chain management.
    I dont use many external pedals with the Helix but i have one that itself has some flaws.
    Its a pedal which provide me a drum track. Cuz the helix has no metronome or anything (poor).
    So this pedal listening to what i play and provide me a drum track. Its the Trio is you curious.
    Its sounds crappy but i only need the timing.
    This Pedal has basically only in and out so i needed a way to integrate it into my chain without messing
    with the guitar sound. This Pedal isn't designed to do so.
    So i set up a parallel signal path into the trio which i can mute on demand. So the guitar signal isn't really send to
    the trio when i dont need it. I also had to send the output of only this one external pedal directly to the output without
    going through my second signal chain where i do all the modeling. Or else the drums would go through my reverb/delay section.
    The Helix is fantastic in doing that kind of stuff. I can easily chose in which state the signal is passed through which
    effects loop. or which loop has to be bypassed or what so ever. I don't think the kemper would be able to do this stuff.

I can also setup specific dynamic blocks that shape the signal before it goes through specific signal paths and everything.
    Its not only about setting a reverb in serial or parallel or such. The Helix can do sooo much more.

Another szenario is that i can set up snapshots that completely change my entire effects blocks etc als also send various midi signals
    to the kemper so i can change my performance on the kemper in basically any way i want. So its not only capable of dealing with itself
    but can also send the kemper alot of midi messages. I would like to use the helix exp pedal to use the morphing on the kemper but i already
    use it in two different modes. I guess on that point the Helix hasn't much more to offer ^^

I have to stand up for the Helix here ^^
    No question i LOVE my Kemper srsly best freakin Sound unit ever.
    I instantly fell in love with the Kemper right out of the box. With the Helix is was pretty disappointed the first couple of days.
    And yes the Helix has no chance sound wise against the Kemper.

BUT i use the Helix Floorboard to control my Kemper and the Kemper sits in an effects loop of the Helix.
    Because for me the effects on the Kemper are basically useless not in terms of sound quality but rather in terms of
    user experience and effects management.
    The Helix offers so much more potential to design your signal chain and channel or mode changes with its snapshots you
    can achieve so many things its awesome and thats what the kemper just can't provide.
    Sure you need to put a lot of time into the Helix in order to get into the possibilities.

For me i couldn't spare either of those units. I just need them both.
    The Helix was pretty frustrating to dial in sounds or it was just impossible to get for example a Mark V amp sound.
    But it has its advantages over the Kemper for sure. If i had to chose one unit over the other i would no doubt go with the
    Kemper but i would miss so many things on the Helix.

I have now 7-9 months of experience with both units and both run pretty good never freeze or anything.
    Although both units tend to let their owners down in various situations according to the facebook groups. So none of the units
    is better in that regards.

The Helix vs Kemper discussion is in my opinion a pretty subjective one. As an long term owner of both units I can say they
    are both good in their respective fields. But in the end for me its the sound that is more important than anything else and here the
    Kemper is just out of competition. I mean I spend 1500€ on the Helix cause its exactly what i always wanted but the frustration
    with the sound was enough to spend an additional 1700€ on the Kemper. Without returning the Helix ;)
    Sure not many people are willing to spend that amount of money but they are both worth the money.

But I'm just a bedroom guitarist ;)

Hi guys,

i currently run my Rig into a Focusrite Interface from there into a pair of M-Audio M3-8 Studio Monitors.
    These are outstanding 3 way speaker for their price tag.

I'm absolutely happy with the Sound but sometimes i would prefer a more raw and less clinical sound.
    A Friend of mine has a Marshall Woburn Bluetooth Speaker and back then we triend his kemper with this speaker

and i instandly fell in love with the sound of this combo. The Kemper sounds amazing but through this speaker
    which has absolutely no flat response sounds more raw and i kinda liked that.

Has anyone a tip for me what kind of speaker i could use at home to get a more "amp in the room" like sound ?
    I would definitely go with the Marshall but the price tag on that one is pretty high.
    I have a full valve combo at home but 100 watts valve through a 2x12 is far beyond what my neighbors are willing to take ;)

I'm looking for a stereo setup so the 700-900€ for the marshall is a bit heavy.
    Can you guys recommend good but more amp like sounding speakers ? I'm not looking for actual guitar cabs cause they
    tend to screw up the sound to much.

Thanks for any suggestions ;)

I dont know at what point this discussion stands at the moment but...
    All Focusrite Interfaces at least most of their models share the same Headphone amps.
    And these Focusrite Headphone amps are pretty poor quality. So dont expect your Kemper to sound any good coming
    through the Focusrite Headphone Jack. I search for another interface or high quality Headphone amp.

Hey thanks ma mate ;)

Thats kinda what I expected. This would be the holy grail but who needs it if ya got a Kemper sitting next to you.
    This baby is perfect as it is so I can still enjoy it.

I'm running my Kemper into my Helix so i could still use the Helix amps to get this kind of sound but i don't
    wanna mess up the perfect Kemper sound with the Helix models although they are not even that bad.

Hey guys,

I'm just curious. Is there a way to get a dual amp setup out of the Kemper.
    Meaning that I want to send my guitar signal into the Kemper running it through the processing of two different profiles and want to merge them before the output.

You guys know if the Kempers processors would be even capable of doing something like this ?

Thank you so far.
    I am able to preselect a performance now but I'm not able the select a certain slot.
    But thats an issue with the Helix. I have to figure out first how so send two commands.
    the second one may come to soon or isn't even send to the kemper.

The programm change command is indeed easier. But its not the most convenient way i think.
    I have to set up a bunch of different performances and patches on the Helix to control them.

In that case I would find it easier to read in the setting if i select a specific performance and a specific slot.
    Not a seemingly random number which i have to calculate first. So its more that i can just set the performance number
    and I'm ready to go.

I guess I come closer to what i need but the Helix isn't quite doing what I want from it.
    Maybe someone here did this before. I know there are users here that have both systems too.

At Kemper-amps.com - support you can download documentation for the MIDI Parameter..

Tanks I wasn't aware that there is a whole doc on the midi topic alone.
    But it still don't get me a hint on what exactly to do.

As far as I understand this I have to send an CC47 to preselect a performance but need to send an additional CC50-54 to select
    and activate a certain slot. Am I right with this ?

Have you defined same sending and receiving Midi Channel?

You mean on the Helix or the Kemper ?

Have you sent bank select controllers (cc0/cc32)prior to the program change?

In the Helix i can send the cc but I still hadn't figured out what I am supposed to send there. I just sent the program and bank but no other cc messages.
    It might all be just confusion on my side. Like I said I never did this before and no idea what I am doing ^^

Do I have to send the CC0 - Bank Select with the program and bank selection ?

What would you say I have to send the Kemper in order to make it work ? maybe only program/bank isn't enough here.

In the wiki i found this
    "Additional melodic instruments can be accessed by setting CC#0 to 121 and then using CC#32 to select the bank before a Program Change."
    Maybe i should try to send this with the program change.

the bank select and program change number for every slot in a performance is shown in the lower left corner of the Profiler display.

Yeah is saw that and tried to send this combination to the Kemer but it didn't react to these progchg commands.
    Do I have to configure the Kemper to do react to these. I found a ProgChg parameter in the settings but it still wont
    change to the slot I tried to trigger.

Hello guys,

this may be discussed in the past but I didn't really found an answer yet.
    I want to control my Kemper in performance mode via midi commands from the Line6 Helix.

So far I got this to work but I have to use this kinda weird approach where you have to calculate the slot positions.

I the manual on page 179 "You could also use the following formula: (#Performance x 5) - 5 + (#Slot - 1)"
    I don't really need the previously mentioned #48/#49 and #50-#54 commands. Because I don't want to scroll
    through the Kempers performances.

I use my Helix as master and the Kemper in the effects chain. So if I switch presets on the Helix or use footswitches to
    get different modes or channels I want to send the Kemper a command to go to a specific performance/slot.

This works fine so far but its kinda confusing to have to calculate the slot numbers.
    This is more a convenience thing.

Can I define a performance slot to be selected on a specific programm/bank command ?
    I'm pretty new to midi controlling things so maybe its a confusion on my side.

Oh my god i already love the Kemper so hard thats ridiculous.
    I spend days and days dialing in patches on the Helix to get a certain amp sound no way getting there.
    1 hour with the Kemper and I'm there. Thanks for everyone of you that is creating profiles for us.

A free profile and I'm already happy. Man what an awesome piece of gear.

Hello folks,

since yesterday me and my friend we both joined the Kemper family.
    We both went to our local music store and he got his head and i got myself the rack version.

We went to his place and spend hours exploring the Kemper. What can I say I'm totally
    overwhelmed by the capabilities of the system. THE SOUND is killer in every aspect.

I had the biggest grin on my face the whole time its amazing.

I bought a Line 6 Helix a few weeks ago and although its a really good unit the
    amp modelling alone doesn't even got me close to what I was searching for. So
    I decided to step up the game and got me the Kemper. What can I say ?

The Helix isn't even close to the amp sounds of the Kemper but it has huge potential
    in signal chain management. So currently I think I will use them both combined.
    Helix for effects and Kemper for the amp sounds. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

So happy to be a part of this community from now on.