Posts by Rockyowitz

Fortin did some of the Meshuggah amp that I quite enjoy.

One of the best for high gains has been Powered by Omega. I have both packs and I enjoy the hell out of them, and they may become core to my tones (I purchased mine back when the Granophyre was still called the Iridium)

My video is definitely not the best, but I did want to do a plug and play of all of the profiles for folks that were curious. I really do enjoy this pack. It's handled standard tunings with an Ormsby and 8 string Fishman Fluence pickups like a champ.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Gotta agree with everyone else. I really enjoy his tones, the updates he adds, and how often he likes to treat folks with discount codes and giveaways. My only real complaint, which already seems to be addressed as time goes on and his collection grows, is that it would be cool to hear different mics and speaker combinations rather than the standard combo he's got. I do have to give props to the new naming convention he uses, as it introduces a bit of humor while also giving me an idea of what to expect.

That being said, some of my favorite profiles from him are the Mesa + Fortin 33, the PRS Tremonti, the Friedman Deluxe, and the VH4. I haven't found a bad sound in any of the packs.

Handled my passive R.D. clone and my Fishman Tosin pickup equipped 8-string like a champ. Really appreciate how usable even the very high gain stuff is, as everything is still well-defined. Probably a favorite of the crunch+boost, and pregain 4 profiles on any of the cabs.

Been a big fan of Ra for a while, so I bought the Sahaj Kemper pack recently and used it in a gig. Was super impressed how they handled each of my different guitars. All studio profiles, but the Mesa Bold Special has something I just haven't gotten in other Rectifier profiles.

Also bought the Fricker IR's, which have been outstanding too (especially the Coffee cabs ones), though the conversion process kinda kills the impulses (I ensured that I used the right files, as they were in their own folder, Cab Maker just doesn't work well for me).

Would definitely recommend both

I should have posted this much earlier, but I wanted to make sure my initial impressions about this profile pack were not just "new gear/profile high"

Really enjoyed this pack, and it covers everything. Clean stuff, hard rock, Alice in Chains "grind", Metal, 8-string and downtuned metal, and ambient stuff. Great job, ChopTones!

One thing the Jon Deiley (Northlane guitarist signature pack) has that other STL profiles don't have is a free sample on the Rig Exchange. If you search Jon Deiley on RE, you'll find a Diezel Vh4 profile from his pack on there. It's a good profile, definitely almost had me buying his pack.

Really enjoyed the profiles you sent out to test. The Mesa/Boogie cab was good, but I've just learned that Zilla Fatboy cabs are my jam. The Zilla one was a little bit darker than I expected, but throwing an OD or boosting the treble just a tiny bit fixed it right up.

Also tried with headphones and using PureCab. I'm not sure how much PureCab really affects other people, but the profiles smoothed out really well even maxed, and they were different enough that I didn't confuse the two (though I absolutely prefer 0 PC). Headphones sounded killer, with the Zilla having that low end clear thump I expect from a Diezel. Great sounding stuff, looking forward to the full release!

I recently had a profile buying itch and came across Josh's profiles on Youtube again because the dude writes some great riffs:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Picked these up last week and I've gotta say, I think I've really found my favorite 5150 profiles (not including the 5150 III). These profiles snarl in the best ways, and the added EQ work really helps me out with making the guitars sit in the mix. Plus, those EQ blocks really tighten up other profiles I have from other great profile makers

So how does it sound in the hands of a complete amateur?

External Content soundcloud.com

I highly recommend these if you're wanting some mix ready profiles. Has anyone else picked these up?

I know for a fact he used Axe-FX for the tones in the game, as I had asked him on Twitter about it. He didn't go into specifics on which amp model he used and such, but he did use a Kemper when he performed live at the VGA's. Maybe he's got that profile kicking around.

I've been playing these through my PRS baritone with Lace Dissonant Aggressor pickups, and I have to say, I really like these. While in humbucker mode/position, there's a little mid or treble wonkiness, but that could very well just be my setup. When in split/single coil though, man oh man, these tones sing. I can't believe how long of a pinch harmonic can carry with the relatively "cleaner" profiles (usually the 2nd in the series of 3 or 5). I've really been enjoying the Route 66, Z Wreck, Antidote, and Carmen Ghia. If it's got KT tubes, I'm generally going to enjoy it. Thanks to Dr. Z for these, and for the reviews/impressions that helped push me to get these. After work, I'll find myself turning on a little 'verb and just noodling for hours.

Howdy,

My name is Thomas, and I recently purchased a KPA in May after having serious G.A.S. for it for years. I've been loving this thing, and I can't wait to get home each day to play it. I was previously using TSE X50 and Kazrog's Thermionik 5 amp series for my amps, and then I would follow it up with Two-Notes' Wall of Sound 3 IR loader.

My main genres are hard rock and metal, with some small dives into ambient music. I've got a bunch of stuff on iTunes, Spotify, and Bandcamp ("The Musings of Balance", "Bits & Waves, Vol 1", "Future/Corrupted", and contributed to "Misanthrope" by Brian Altano), but those are all with VST's and such. I haven't had a chance to really record anything with the Kemper yet, but someday soon I hope!

I've been enjoying the Deadlight Studios, Sinmix, and Dr. Z profiles so far, and I can't wait to dig into more. While I enjoy the common amps like Fender and Marshall, I'm usually looking for great amps that are not always on store shelves. Currently, I'm shopping around for: Framus Dragon, Fortin amps, Trainwrecks, Supro line, and any oddities that may cross my path like that projector Walrus Audio supposedly based a pedal on. Another want is to find a profile/amp that is a great pedal foundation for things like fuzz, delay, and reverb. I'm starting to collect pedals that do a normal feature in a unique way (like the Caroline Effects Meteore lo-fi reverb and the Earthquaker Space Spiral modulated delay.

I'll wrap this up by thanking y'all for the wealth of resources I've been reading since purchasing this Kemper, the tight-knit community I seem to see, and the helpful folks that not only help out with others' sounds but also push each other to make better and better profiles. Hope to post up some Kemper recordings and pics soon!

-Thomas "Rockyowitz"