Posts by FitRocker33

FWIW, I found an absolute gem of a browneye profile on the RE by a member named NALICK. I only found one profile by him for the browneye, but in terms of depth, dynamics, response and tone, it absolutely blows away almost all my other current BE profiles including a commercial pack. the gain is just past halfway on the profile and it is absolutely delicious.

Just adding my own .02...

I have several profiles of 5150s & 6505s. I enjoy quite a few of them and find them quite organic sounding for what they recreate.

The other day I was in a GC and they had a 6505+ head into a Marshall cab on demo. Well, being curious how it sounded compared to my profiles, I plugged in..

I actually felt some of my profiles sounded BETTER than the physical amp I had played. I was astonished and a bit confused admittedly lmao. But I left the store reaffirmed in the notion that the Kemper kicks ass and is doing a great job of killing any amp GAS I may have in the future.

Thanx dude. If you like those you should check out the last profiles I posted

I checked out your latest R.E. profiles and ironically many years ago I had owned a T-Verb but had long since sold it. The main reason I picked the profiles I did is because the cab used was closest to my own physical cab (a mesa cab with vintage and 30s) and therefore would be the closest recreation. I think peavey 5150 cabs still use Sheffield speakers? I've always thought those translated way differently than what I'm running physically.

I will agree with something another poster said in another thread about you capturing the chugginess of the mark V. Sometimes you get a good profile that really sounds like its making the speaker move some real air with the palm mutes and I hear that in what I downloaded.

I can't say I fully realized just how much work it is for a profiler to really make a super authentic profile. I respect the labor that goes into it for sure.

I wanted to take a moment to give major props (as well as a thank you) to both ReampZone and GRStudios for their absolutely killer Peavey 6505 (RZ) and Mesa Mark V free profiles on the R.E.

I took the time to download them and handpicked the best version of each profile batch that worked with my guitar cab and guitar ( ESP horizon III & Mesa Stiletto 4x12). I also began using my new Horizon Devices Precision Drive boost in front and the end results are some extremely muscular tones.

I had wondered if I could get some incredible profiles without having to shell out $ for more and I think I got my answer. I recommend these profiles to anybody seeking that kind of sound.

Nice job fellas!

Basically my tastes veer towards high gain flavors and as of right now my Kemper is acting as a traditional amphead, so what I really want the most are the most authentic recreations of the amps I'm playing through.

GoT's profile samples on his website definitely sound like what I'm after.

Dunno if this helps any but my main guitars that I play are an ESP E-II Horizon III w/ Duncan Nazgul/sentient pickups and a carvin dc727 with the same Duncan's as the ESP.

The only weak link in my setup is my playing :D

Hmm okay I think my next pack purchase will consist of some direct profiles as well.

And ironically, GameOfTones is one of my bookmarked sites for a future purchase! :thumbup:

I took a big gamble when I traded my beloved ENGL Powerball II head for the Kemper, but it seems to have been a worthwhile change thus far.

Hey guys I'm new to the board but I've had my Kemper power rack for a couple of months now and am continually blown away by it every day.

Yesterday I finally made the Leap to trying a commercial rig pack from TopJimi after being really impressed with the free profiles I tried of his.

To preface my question, I am running the Power rack through a Mesa traditional 4x12 straight cab with cab sims turned off.

Upon pulling up the profiles in my browser I noticed that every other one contained a capital "M" after it, which I assume means it is the merged profile of that variant. What surprised me is that many of the merged profiles lacked the girth and 3D "air pushing" qualities of some of the studio versions where the cabs were turned off and the Kemper was doing its "guessing" algorithm.

Now I'm sure I'm doing something wrong or missing something because the merged profiles are supposed to be BETTER through a real cabinet right? The merged profiles almost sound kinda far away or thin sounding compared to its studio counterpart.

Anybody have any tips on what I may be missing or something?

Like I said I'm still fairly new to the Kemper so any insight from you guys would be appreciated.

Thank ye!