Posts by Grogshla

I have the powered kemper toaster. I plan to run it straight into a Marshall 1960a. I have purchased quite a few profiles already but wanted to capture my sound and my heads which I’ve spent big dollars and many years on.

My search for an expert is to also show me how to get the best out of the kemper and how to use it properly for touring etc.

I purchased my kemper and took it to a studio to get my amps profiled. The studio couldn’t reproduce the sound coming out of my amps properly. Through the studio speakers it sounded ok but I need this to sound good live and comparing the profiles that we did to the real amp (standing in front of my amp speaker cabinet) didn’t sound as present and have the thump. Is there any studio or expert in Australia who is the best with keepers. My band is touring and recording and I need this rig to sound great and to be set up properly. I appreciate any help or advice.

Hi there,
    I was wondering which rack flight case you use for your Kemper when travelling by plane.
    I was after something that is good quality and will give me peace of mind when travelling. Does vibrations come into play with cases? How can this be reduced?
    I have heard horror stories of airport staff being rough with musical gear.
    Kind Regards

Hi there,
    I plugged my remote in to my kemper for the very first time and the LCD screen is lit up with blue pixels covering the whole screen.
    I can just make out my profile names if I look very hard but it is extremely faint. Everything else works fine eg changing profiles etc.
    Has anyone had any experience with this?
    Kind Regards

Hi there,
    I have a question about profiling and then using that profile with the power head.
    Say I want to capture the sound of my Marshall rig which is the Marshall head and Marshall 1960a cabinet (stock 75w speaker).
    Once that sound is profiled into my kemper do I then switch off the cab sim when using that profile (kemper power head running into that same 1960a quadbox)?
    If I don't then wouldn't it be using the sound of the 1960a twice?
    Kind Regards

Thanks mate.
    Still really stuck on this haha.
    I am sure both engineers would be well across the phase and filtering issues.
    In theory the sound would not be going through any desk or studio gear would it? Just the isolated cabinet, amp head and kemper would be the only things in use (monitors to hear things).
    If thats the case then I guess I will go with the studio that have lots of experience with the kemper. Maybe they know the best little tricks to get the best out of the kemper using the kemper effects etc.
    I just don't want to waste my money and feel unhappy.
    Thanks!

HI there,
    I am after some advice on profiling my live rigs into my Kemper.
    I don't have the facilities to do this properly at home so am looking at a day in the studio.
    I have 2 options and am a little confused which one to go for:

1) long established great studio, very well equipped, no kemper experience
    2) newly established smaller studio, moderately equipped, lots of kemper experience and profile bundles experience (good engineer).

Is the profiling proceedure really that difficult for an engineer with no experience? I assume navigating the interface would be the only real issue.
    What would you go for?

Cheers

Hi there,
    I am brand new to the Kemper. I purchased the power head and I have the remote footpedal.
    I have purchased a bunch of rig packs and have put them into my rig manager (and then onto the kemper). I have now reached the 1000 rig max limit on my unit.
    Scrolling through the many rigs is disorientating and messy.
    I was just wondering if there is a way to group types of rigs (ie, distorted, clean etc).
    How do you guys/girls do it?

I am yet to figure out how to use performance mode either (storing rigs into slots)... Finding it difficult.

Cheers!