Posts by hcornea

Latest iOS versions allow WiFi to work whilst Airplane mode is on.

Configured in this way the app connects to the Player.

So Yes!! This seems to be the issue.

To my uninformed self it seems that if the iOS app was populated into the iOS settings, then Mobile Data could be deselected and the problem may well be solved.

That’s fine, but because the app is not populated into the iOS list for settings (either the main list or the Mobile Network) there appears to be NO WAY to switch off the Mobile Network usage in an isolated way for the app alone on either my phone or iPad.

The Airplane mode, as a global setting, confirms that this is the issue - but it really is just a workaround.

Thanks G-String,

Yes, as above, had already deleted the app a couple of times and ensured network permissions were allowed.

Hell-G mentioned “Mobile Network settings” which, if available, would be a neater option (could leave my phone functional)

As per the Kemper support ticket and your suggestion here, Airplane mode does appear to provide a workaround, and the app does indeed connect with this on.

Thanks Hell-G

The Rig Manager app does not appear in the main iOS settings or indeed in the Mobile Network page. So I am unable to confirm this setting.

It is on the iOS Local Network Access Page (as above)

This is true on iPad and iPhone.

The fact that it didn’t appear there made me wo der if that was related to the problem: deleted and reinstalled the app - still not appearing in that list.

Tried our other guitarists iPhone: same result.

Specifically the iOS settings are populated as per the attached pic. No Rig Manager entry.

Hmm.

Ctrl-C to Copy a Working Performance (and yes, despite the message, this performance has been working just fine in the Kemper for forever, and I am not really "importing" anything))

This error Message when using Ctrl-V to paste into an empty Slot

Can save the performance to new slot using the Kemper Head, but not copy and paste using Rig Manager.

EDIT: Additional Note: performance will store in Local Library just fine also.

Just installed Beta 3.1.5.5 Rig Manager

No communication with Profiler Head. Nothing at all.

(Restarted RM, Profiler, Changed USB lead, Changed Port: No improvement)

Uninstalled and reverted to 3.0.145

All back to normal after a Sync (same lead, USB hub port, etc that I always use)

Profiler is running 8.0.6.24597 (which seems to be most current SW version)

Computer Gigabyte Aero i9, Windows 10Pro

Just thought I'd report this, in case anyone else is having the same issue

Pretty simple feature to add.

Would it be possible for Rig Manager to print the Performance list, with numbers obviously, to the default printer.

Why?

Our setlists change, and often we rehearse them out of order, leaving me scrambling for the correct patch for a given song.

Many thanks.

(Preferably in a largish print, for stage, rehearsal use without magnifying glasses)

As an addendum to the above, when you copy your Performances from the active Kemper into another folder located in all performances, the order is not preserved.

I selected 48 songs (patches) on the active Kemper performance folder

After dragging these to a folder in All Performances, the order is reversed (I did select them from bottom to top, but really that should not matter)

Order preservation is very important for setlists.

I have been organising performances/setlists in Rig Manager (it seemed the logical way to go) but have met a problem:

On occasions trying to use copy/paste (especially if the copied source patch is 'above' the paste slot, the source will disappear, all the entries will 'move up'.
    IE it is performing a CUT/PASTE instead of a copy paste.

This raises another VERY painful problem: there is no "Move everything down" option, so putting the patch in question back where it came from at the top of the list becomes a tedious task of dragging things around, one-by one.

The cut/paste behaviour seems to be a bug in Rig Manager, alongside the issue with the Kemper getting out of sync with the entries.

I too am having the sync problems mentioned in another thread, and this cut/paste problem with all the patches moving up puts everything out of sync.

It would also be good at that point to be able to 'force-write' perfomances from Computer to Kemper to rescue the setlist as entered into the Rig Manager, because if you restart or unplug the Kemper to get things in sync, the Kemper re-writes the setlist you were working on.