Posts by Crimson Ghost

Is it a real thing? Has the team behind Fractal said this publicly? And can Fractal own rights to modeling? It has been there from before, they did their first product. Line6, Boss and so on all did modeling way before Fractal. But I guess it’s a specific code or something, which differs from all other modeling codes like profiling apparently differs from modeling. But plenty seem to use the profiling procedure in their products as well. So it might be a difficult thing to claim apparently.

He said this on a public forum post. I doubt anything will actually come of this. He makes dumb statements like this pretty frequently.

Ya know, it was another member here who said i would not be able to tell. I just said what i said. Its not a cat fight but seriously, i can. And others can too. Im not superman. And.... If you go check out the null tests its there on charts that kempers not 100 percent. So if that true then why cant some of us hear it? Is your stance that i cant hear it? Or that there is no difference to hear? That what you gota ask yourself. I just dont think you like me saying it. But it just facts, im not kemper bashing. I love my kemper an ive customised mine an love the thing i aint giving up yet. Super excited bout usb interface . With all due respect to Wagner, and his kemper interview an what hes done, just like he wears glasses an i do not, my ears are younger than his too. Some off us have better hearing than others. Not a big deal or insult just how is. An tone subjective, many of you love tone junkie an think his profiles sound awesome. God damn i think they suck. All have this wierd cardboard tappy artifact to them. I got the family pack, i know. But he destroyed a NAM profile too i couldnt beleive it. So its his profiling gear, not the kemper. Even good players can have bad ear for tone. Look at steve vai. His legacy amps a mushy mess. He likes it so who cares, his playing is what the people hear. Your stance is im a nobody bedroom warrior who am i to say this or that. Remember, nobody said better. Just different. Peace

I definitely think the profiles are highly dependent on who is making them and who is using them. For example i generally dont care for tone junkies stuff either but im after differet types of sounds.

Folks, it looks like to me that some of you are participating the same sort of fanboy anger that you are accusing the Fractal Forum members of. If Cliff believes that Kemper is infringing on his patent then it is within his rights to litigate it in a court of law. Kemper has the same rights. It has nothing to do with any of the end users of Fractal or Kemper whatsoever.

This which is better nonsense should stop. I own Fractal, Kemper, and Helix gear and in the long run it doesn’t really make much difference. They are all good in their own way. Any of them are just another piece of hardware and patent issues between these companies shouldn’t matter to us one bit.

Let it go; it isn’t worth all the angst and negativity.

I agree but if he doesn't intend to actually litigate then his accusations are childish and not helpful.

I have a couple of Fractal units as well as a Kemper stage. I just don't get the fanboy anger. It is much more prevalent on that forum than it is on this one. It is okay to like what you like. I use these units for different purposes. I have likes and dislikes about all of them.

I think it is just people needing to feel like they are part of something bigger or to justify what they spent their money on. I think if those people actually got out of the house and made some real friends instead of thinking people online are their real friends it would do them good.

I agree. I think Fractal makes some great products. I just liked the Kemper more for my needs. Having competition makes everyone's products better.

I just started reading that thread. Holy crap is it funny. The butthurt is real. I haven't read anything that funny since the line 6 forums were salty about the Headrush coming out.

It's not about being defensive in favor of the current model.

It's more to be against a system (DRM) that does nothing against those who illegally use a product (profile, audio file, ebook, Photoshop, Protools, etc.), but creates inconvenience to the legal owner who have paid for the product.

Well said. DRM only hurts the customer and not the pirate.

When It comes to raw guitar amp tone the Kemper is the gold standard. I have tried the fractal/Headrush units and the Helix. I think that the Helix is the worst for amp tones but has some great effects and IO options. The Fractal units are good but I feel like the only area that they beat the Kemper is in the FX department and not the amp tone. I feel like the Fractal and the Kemper are the top dogs and the Helix and Headrush are a lower tier sound wise. I did really like the Headrush floorboard a lot better than the Helix. For the right price the Headrush is a great backup for a Kemper or Fractal.

This is probably my most frequently used pack right now. I could literally make any kind of music i wanted with this pack.