Posts by Crimson Ghost

+1 to that.. especially if you're already planning on using an already profiled cabinet.
    For me, personally, this approach made it so much easier to get into making profiles. I'm not a studio engineer and have no experience mic'ing up cabinets, and I also don't have a good room to profile in anyway.
    Much easier to only concern yourself about dialing in the heads to the tones you like. Grabbing that as a DI profile is extremely easy and satisfying.

All of this assuming your amp has a direct out of course, or perhaps you have a loadbox...

Do I need to hook a DI box from the recording out and then into the Kemper? I was thinking it was possible to take the FX send and profile the pre-amp that way.

So I have been a Kemper user for almost a year now and have yet to attempt an amp profile. Do I need a fancy mic and pre-amp to get decent results or can I just plug in my mic directly to the kemper and get good results? I have a Marshall 2555x that I have thought about profiling and then adding a cab from another rig I like.

Some of us load the USB method.

I like to browse the Kemper forum at work a lot more than I probably should. I see killer rigs and download them and try them later when I get home. By the time i try it I forget to make a rating. Does the rig manager tell you how many downloads your rigs get?

You've just proven my point that nobody leaves feedback on RE.

I tried to leave feedback of i like a rig. I think the problem is like someone said before if you leave the feedback then close Rig manager it doesn't send it. Now that i know about it ill make sure to do it properly next time.

Don't hold your breath waiting for feedback on RE. I created a patch a while back called gnxLYNCHMOB and posted it on RE. There was a post on the forums from someone stating how much they liked it, here on the forum. Still to this day there are 0 votes for it on RE.

Dude I have that patch in my favorites list on my Kemper! Thanks

I don't want to start a Mac vs PC war, but both platforms have their strength and weakness. But in my experience, the OS update issue on a Mac has been maybe the biggest weakness for DAW users.
    I downgraded my i7 Mac Mini server to Mavericks because of all the issues. At some point I won't have a choice and will have to update to whatever is the latest OS. That will be a long day of updating. IMO troubleshooting Windows is a lot easier and intuitive (in a relative way) than a Mac now.

I'm no Windows fanboy, but at least they usually take backward compatibility in to consideration when they come out with a update. Apple just says "it's not our problem".

I am no fanboy either. That is why I build hackintosh machines instead of buying overpriced apple ones. i dual boot Sierra and Windows 10 and I seem to have way more issues with the Windows side on this machine. I used windows 7 previously and never had any trouble with it at all. I just wanted to share what my experience has been so far, Your experience is equally valid. I will say that I liked Mavericks a lot more than I currently like Sierra. High Sierra is a mess at the moment.

Unfortunately, a Mac is even worse for updates. Almost every increment wreaks havoc with music software. I guess MS watched the resulting chaos and needed to emulate it for some reason.

This hasn't been my experience. I have been running a custom built Mac for the last 5 years and my interfaces have always worked after the update. I think the main thing is making sure that whatever device you use has a driver that has been updated for the newer build of Mac OS. This is really only been a problem the last couple of versions. I use a Line 6 interface and they have been pretty good about updates. If your device manufacturer is less than stellar on updates there can be third party drivers that will make it work although for some this is obviously not idea.

I listened to the clips and it sounds like a level issue somewhere. There is no dynamic to the sound at all. I hated my KPA the first couple weeks until I figured out what I was doing wrong. I found out the guitar I was using had a problem with the pickup. i also discovered the space and pure cab parameters and can adjust those to taste. To me the Kemper sounds best through a real guitar cab. I run it through the return of my Marshal stack and it sounds godly at whatever volume I run it at.

I think the biggest gripe I have is with Rigmanager. As far as I can tell Rigmanager can add profiles to the Kemper but it doesn't have the ability to copy cabs over. It is annoying to have to copy them over to another usb stick and manually copy it over when the PC is already hooked up to the kemper. If I am wrong about this I would love to know how to do this.

Those are some very reasonable features to request. Totally do-able in my opinion.

Personally I don't believe any hype and don't make my decisions based on what other say, although i listen to opinions and try out gear sometimes because of all the talk.., I still own the AXE 2, Kemper, and BOSS GT 1000 (hasn't arrived yet), owned a Helix, Headrush etc.. in my opinion of course the closest to an amp sound i've gotten is with the Kemper. Wish I could get there with the Helix, or Headrush because I loved the touch screen; going to try now with the GT 1000, only because of my needs for something very portable, otherwise it would just use the Kemper, it has everything i need, including all effects I need for live use.

I thought the Headrush was a cool unit. The new Boss is definitely interesting too. I would love to hear your thoughts on it after you put it through it's paces.

I know what a real amplifier sounds like, I have spent most of my life playing 100 W tube amplifiers…
    I have dialled in a helix and spent months with it, and there is no comparison to the ‘real tube amplifier’ tone and feel that is in the Kemper….
    So, I respectfully but strongly disagree…

You said you disagree but then said that the Helix can't compare to the Kemper which is the same opinion I have.

I see people here saying that anyone that wants a floorboard Kemper should just get a Helix. Have you actually heard the Helix? They sound dreadful. I tried one out before getting my Kemper and it had the same problems that my previous Pod's had. That annoying digital artifact that is almost impossible to dial out. Yeah you could eliminate it in a mix but I like to play the guitar and have it sound good while I play without a ton of tweaking and exploiting to trick the damn thing into not sounding shitty. Line 6 forum is not as open as this community is. I made a post asking about dialing out the noise and my post was pulled down and my account banned within four hours. Not to mention the butthurt fanboy mob that swarmed me.