Posts by Finally

That's a good point about the positioning of the feet. I'm definitely going to move mine closer to the corners as it really does feel unstable with the head on top.

I never claimed that an Axe-Fx II can be updated via firmware to sound like an Axe-Fx III; however, the Axe-Fx II's Tone Match feature can create a fairly indistinguishable reproduction of most Axe-Fx III tones, but there's no way I'd go back to the Axe-Fx II because the features of the III are head and shoulders above the II.

Well then you are missing my point.

I'm comparing their flagship model from 2012 and the 2019 one, regardless of what they call them. I still think the Kemper of each of those years is a better sounding amp than either and doesn't have the built in obsolescence.

I'm not saying the Axe-FX is crap. I'm saying Kemper is the best I've tried or heard.

insults aren't a valid substitute for substantive rebuttal. I understood your point. I don't agree with nor relate to it, and you were also factually inaccurate.

He tried really hard to get you to understand his correct point. You can take an original Kemper from way back and simply update it with their free software and when you're done it's identical to a new one in terms of sound and features.

Are you saying you can buy a Fractal from 8 years ago and do the same?

One person's crutch is another's efficiency. ?

I'm not talking about an incredibly complicated requirement. My Kemper head has 4 Stomp buttons and my remote has 4 effects buttons. I'd like a global option that automatically maps these.

Whether it's easy/ doable/ hard I have no idea, of course.

I'm happy to map the Effects manually to Tap and use morphing if I need stage control over those.

Agreed! Each pickup will have a sweet spot in terms of height. Whatever output you get at that point is what you get and you adjust the amp accordingly.

Most of the guitars I set up for other people have them adjusted too high.