Posts by Finally

My guess is he built his own version of a battery-powered inductance coil string driver (like an eBow), and put that little antennae on it as a joke. It may have been too simple of a circuit to avoid patent infringement, or just too specialized of a product when he was ready to release his own line.

EDIT: I just watched more of the video than I did the first time. I agree with the the below comment - it looks like he is using a signal splitter box, as a guitar slide. Like the one in the picture, but with a metal case.

I honestly think it's just a make shift slide, because it was what he had to use at that time. The actual device in his hand looks like it has a 1/4" plug on the end. Possibly a piece of a wireless system or connection coupler. The delay sound is from his hyperspace pedal. Right before this item is used you can see him walking to the side of the stage, probably looking for something to use. I've done this before, misplaced a slide & improvised with something else.

Or perhaps it makes that explosion sound like Steve Stevens Ray Gun, in combo with the hyperspace delay to make it sound like a ship taking off.

The answer! Nice one. He's probably rubbing that back and forth on the strings while changing the Hyperdrive with a foot pedal. He's off camera for that.

I have to come clean and say I've never tried re-amping due to the complexity. I understand the benefit, but it's always easier (in my case) to record a new track with a more appropriate profile. I think I get better with each take.

I like to pan 2 identical rhythm takes hard L/R with different profiles and guitars. A standard studio trick I think.

But... I'll give re-amping a go once I digest the info.

Hi there - I almost always use ducking with delay to varying degrees, but with rhythm parts I tend to use less ducking. I play clean rhythm tones a lot, so even with a touch of compression there's still a lot of dynamics for the ducking to use.

I would expect a high gain rhythm tone to behave more on/off in terms of ducking.

As before, the only sensible option is to have Kemper examine the hardware and fix it. You only need to find another Kemper on the planet to determine if what you're hearing is a flaw or an external influence like the guitar. Until you do that you're going to chase your tail like before I think. 🙂

Yes, I would definitely say you need a dedicated audio interface in a studio unless you only record electric guitars with magnetic pickups. A guitar processor interface will always have limited use, which is why I think they resisted building one for a while.

You might want to record a professional mic at some point.

Thanks so much for the sampler! I'm really interested in the Shiva 6I6 as I've only played the EL34 version. Clips I've heard put it more in the Fender camp. More sparkly high end.

Hi - there are some specific brands/ models in this thread:

apologies if this has been asked/answered already ... tried searching but didn't find a clear answer. For OS 10 and Liquid Profiles, is there much benefit to be had from adding the specific Liquid Profile Amp Model to an existing commercial, non-LP profile if you don't know the G/T/M/B settings of the original profile?

In my first play with it last night I had really good results applying a Twin Reverb LP to a copy of my main Bogner Shiva clean profile and it really sounded great to me. The treble control is different to the Shiva, but still great.

Since this is a compressor thread now...😀

For me it just comes down to the ears and this one sounds the best to me.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.