Posts by Finally

I learned a few chords from my brother when I was a kid, then started learning songs from records & tapes. Started reading Guitar Player magazine when I was about 14 and used to do all of the lessons and learn from interviews.

Eventually got a traditional "music book" and used it to teach myself theory.

Mostly it's been LOTS of hours of learning.

For what it's worth, almost every guitar with a vibrato can be adjusted to stay in tune with the right set up and maintenance. That's what I do. The direct interplay between the hands and the bar is impossible to mimic, I think.

One thing to consider is that a vibrato (the way I like them) lets you vary the pitch above and below, so the "true" note is in the middle. It sounds really musical to me.

You might be able to set the Pitch Pedal effect for -1 when heel down and +1 when toe down. Maybe an adjustable center detente so "true" is easy to find.

There's nothing I've heard that can give a HB guitar that snappy bell-like low string sound that a SC can. That's why I just use EQ in front, so at least I'm pushing the amp with more or less the same frequencies so it responds similarly.

Sounds nice but for that price tag I would just get one of those guitars, lol

For me this is about live performance. In reality I mostly use my HHH config guitar with coil splits to cover anything, but if I'm using the Tele or Yamaha SG2000 I need some help making them a bit more flexible.

For me the best way to make a Strat sound like a LP or vice versa is with an EQ stomp as the first thing in the chain. You just dial in the sound and save: Strat Tele, etc.

Nothing sounded like a Kemper before they were invented. You'll have to excuse me if I trust Kemper over your negative guesses.

Yes - a 9V output to be able to power a couple of pedals without needing a separate power supply. Not the sort of thing you'd add to the design at this point I'd think.

Not that I really even care any more about an Editor, I have learned to love the KPA as is. However I am a professional software developer here in the US and I have never worked on a project with an open ended time line. Stakeholders and Project Managers have this thing about costs and timelines that you can't just blow off. The main purpose of course is to communicate this to the stakeholders and user community in order to manage expectations. I am governed by SDLC and SLA agreements and am held accountable to them as a matter of responsibility. To not have a target is an open invitation to massive cost overruns and other things that jeopardize the success of a project. Maybe Kemper has decided to keep this discussion private for some reason. I don't agree with that approach but there is nothing I can do about it so I wait along with all of you patient folks out there and enjoy the entertainment value of this thread. I am sincerely hoping for the success of this project. Good luck.

Not all software development contexts are the same. This is PC software being created by a company that's grounded in invention, hardware, and firmware. R&D and invention don't beat to the same drum as development companies that create business apps and websites. Add the fact that it's not got any direct revenue associated with it.

??

LOL Do you people seriously believe the editor is coming this year? What a joke. Kemper, a German based company cannot hire enough coders to finish the editor. I'll bet it's still in Alpha stage and not even in Beta. All this rubbish that's been fed to us. 19 November 2019 and still nothing. Nada. Zip. Lets all wait another 5 years for the editor.

You're accusing the company of being lying cheaters. I don't share your conspiracy theory and think it's rude to suggest that they're just stringing people along.

Playing guitar helps with irrational stress.