Posts by Finally

I think you're just bored with it after so many years and want a new toy. Do you regularly have people say your guitar tone isn't good enough or that your tone would be awesome if only you had dual amp simulation?

I had a polytune for a couple of years and it was a decent basic tuner. The "all strings at once" feature is pretty much useless IMO. No precision or accuracy.

My personal requirement is just for 6 string guitars. I want the ability to create a "Buzz Feiten" preset and a "James Taylor" one. I'd want it to recognise the string based on pitch and apply the relevant offset just like mentioned by CK above.

This isn't a biggie for me in the grand scheme as the workaround is easy, but I think it'll be a good selling feature.

The timing makes sense. In order to have a floor unit they'd have to build all the editing capability into the unit, which would make it too complex, or have a separate editor (ta da!).

It'll be interesting to see how they've approached this. Either as a standalone piece of gear, or as a KPA "player" that needs a parent KPA to manage the config (eg: Apple Watch).

If it's totally new and doesn't require the KPA then they'll convert a bunch of non- Kemper users, but would probably be $$$

If it's just an improved remote with the ability to work without the KPA they'll probably get instant sales from at least half of us existing users and would theoretically be relatively affordable.

The way I see it, if the traditional builders didn't see this coming and adapt to leverage what pros have been saying for years about modern tech, then it's their business call. The only option for them is doubling down on their old technology to try to stand out.

I feel for them, but for the most part I don't think there's been much invention in the tube amp space for many years. The IP is just out there and a bunch of boutique builders tweak the basic designs.

This has definitely been discussed a bunch, but I don't think there are enough users that want it to get this on the feature backlog.

Many people ridicule those of us that prefer BF tuning. Similar to those that think 60 cycle hum is a desirable thing to sound authentic. "If you need a fancy tuner you're not a real guitarist." kind of stuff. ?