Posts by Finally

I agree about the lack of a need for a stereo power amp. I initially thought that was going to be a big deal, but I don't have a use for that. I always use the main outs and FRFR/PA for stereo.

It's also a different sound when the effects are "pre- speaker" with a guitar cab as opposed to the KPA Cab section applying the speaker colour before those effects.

IMHO stereo is only useful in my living room, earplugs or in my car. In any other situation I can’t understand how you can catch the same signals than other people listening

I respectfully disagree. Unless you run your whole band in mono with everything just stacked on top of everything there will always be a difference for the audience depending where they are.

The engineer should determine how tight the stereo field should be for the room, but still pan parts as necessary.

If you can hear a major difference the issue is with how YOU were monitoring the Kemper compared to your traditional amps.

I think if Kemper released a hugely updated model you'd have the same issue. Stick with what works for you.

That's a fail. How can simple, obvious advice be the only acceptable approach to life? I think you've summarized the conversation really poorly too.

Someone that pays close attention to crafting their sound is a tweaker not a player? Binary.

Thank you, dear Wheresthedug, for the understanding words.

That would mean that an acceptable sound only sets in when my ears are bleeding? A contradiction in itself ...

But seriously: Maybe I did not research enough to know this limitation ("sounds when loud") before. On the other side I wasn't informed about it. Therefore I assumed that I can expect a good sound even at moderate volumes. Dear lightbox, if only I had a consultant like you...

Does that (limited sound at low volumens) apply to the other brands as well, e.g. Friedman ASM-12 or others?

It's a fundamental trade-off between power handling and low volume sensitivity.

Like comfort vs performance in cars. You wouldn't want to use a comfortable family car in a rally or a great rally car as a family car.

So you need to have speakers that suit your typical volume or just accept that they won't sound as good at low volume.

Welcome. I switched to my Kemper from a Bogner Shiva and I'm very happy.

My monitoring depends on the situation. Headphones for practicing by myself or recording, 2x12 guitar cab for jamming or rehearsing, and straight into the FRFR PA for live.

I use one of my PA speakers instead of the guitar cab if I'm playing bass or acoustic at a jam or rehearsal.

On mine the one on the right is like that and has been since brand new. Kemper offered to fix it for me but I couldn't cope with sending my brand new toy off for several weeks when I had just gotten it. The joy of living at the edge of the world. :S

I've found that gently pushing in while turning the knob makes it track smoothly and the jumping around has pretty much gone.