Posts by malthusian

Hi all

I'm attaching an ambient type rig for your scrutiny and comments.

When the pitch pedal effect has freeze formants enabled all is well, when switched off the melody chromatic effect goes awol and sounds as if there is a ring modulator lurking in there..even with the pedal at null position :huh:
    I'm wondering if it's my machine or whether the same happens on others people's
    I'm using the latest firmware and a mission pedal (calibrated).

I've tried placing the pitch pedal in the stomp as well as the X or mod slots....same result.
    Tried disabling stack to check if it's horsepower issue....nada

The thing is for these fx type rigs I prefer having formants off cos the pitch sweep is more pronounced.

The positive aspect is that this unexpected behaviour allows the production of dissonant bell like tones....that's why I mentioned a ring modulator type effect....reminds me of desperately trying to produce bell sounds on 70's analog synths..( alas, I AM that old ) ^^

Thank you in advance for any input on this effect or "bug"

Hi Monkey-Man

Yes, I agree with you about the physical properties of the whammy assembly on the Tyler Variax.

After a lot of tweaking ( spring tension and the rest of it ) I can get it to flutter pretty well.

As regards the Kemper: My initial curiosity was to find out if it can emulate this little effect given that the machine is truly incredible in most departments .
    I will give it another try ( and check that I haven't missed a particular parameter)..... on my first attempts I missed the fact that trem speed was locked to tempo...duh!
    If I come up with something presentable I'll upload to RM.

In the meantime thanks to all who dived in (sorry!) on this topic

great forum!!

Hi all
    As Netheravon pointed out I'm well aware of the technique....that is why I mentioned the whammy bar on the variax.....I can achieve this but not with consistency.

Thus I was wondering if it can b replicated electronically.

The Boss Ps-5 can approximate it.

check the video at around 4.10

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers

Hi
    :thumbup:

Yes of course....i have a tyler variax that has a rather nice graphtech tremolo that will flutter...but my guitar hero abilities are, shall we say,limited ^^

having the effect on demand would be kinda cool, and was just wondering if someone had found a way to emulate it given the current parameter values.

On a completely different note, the adrian belew elephant effect sounds fantastic using the volume pedal :)

Hi all
    I'm trying to recreate a whammy flutter effect with no success.
    I seem to remember a Boss effect had that feature.
    I have tried using the vibrato fx but it does not cut it.
    I am guessing that to emulate the effect one has to have a vibrato where the speed starts out really fast and slows down really quickly plus the vibrato (pitch) intensity starts high and decreases proportionally to the speed ramp.
    The vibrato parameters do not seem to support the range needed.
    Morphing does not achieve this either.

I am quite new to kemper ( loving it!) so perhaps some of you experienced kemperite gurus might be able to suggest a way to do this.

Apologies if this has been discussed ( and I'm missing something obvious ) but I have not found any threads about this.

Thanks

Hi all
    Recently got my new unpowered rack unit and remote...
    Overall blown away and still reading manuals etc
    I have come across some issues I would like to solve if possible
    Please excuse the long winded explanation.

1. I modify a rig and save with a different name.
    e.g original name abc.... saved name xyz.
    I then place xyz in one of the performance slots but the name in slot does not change ...the rig is correct but the name is not.
    This seems to happen randomly....sometimes the name changes sometimes not ( in performance slot)
    What's going on and how to fix?

2.Is there a function to set volume pedal post effects on all rigs? locking does not seem to work....am i doing something wrong?

3.On switch on and off thumps and noises can be heard through powered speaker ( an rcf 12 inch self powered monitor type cab )
    Is there a function to enable a soft on/off function ...it's not always possible to turn off cab before...especially at busy gigs with very fast changover times)

4. Sometimes it would be useful to modify the overall output E.Q for all rigs and performances....say because of venue acoustics or because of different powered monitors etc....is this possible? have i missed this in the manual?

Please forgive me if some of these issues have been addressed before, but I'm a noob on a steep learning curve

Thanks in advance