Posts by Darren0071

Thanks PCB for putting this together, I can see it has taken a lot of work for you to do. However, I also own the Magic Stomp with Charlie Hall's EFTP and this is a night/day difference between the official EFTP and the ones you have done. The big issue for me is that each delay also emulates tape flutter and modulation at each delay stage (not a global modulation/flutter one set to zero). I'll stick with the Magic Stomp for now.

Ok.

How about an add on unit that connects to the Kemper remote with multiple inputs? You could slot more together depending on how many guitars/inputs you need? The inputs would be users selected via each rig.

I was only thinking this as I am doing some theatre work and need several guitars throughout the show and felt guitar changes would be far simpler if everything was already plugged in from the start all I need to do is change guitar and select rig.

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Would anyone be interested in being able to select the front or back input if the Kemper per rig?

As an example for live use with two guitars.

I.e. using front input for rigs for acoustic guitar and using the front input for rigs using electric guitar during the same show. That way you would not need to unplug anything once set up, or have a need for a A/B switch and all you need to do (once changed guitar) is to select the correct rig on the Kemper.

Would anyone else think this is useful?

I can change the dB setting on the receiver but, I have it currently set at '0' as is closest to the volume of my cables in comparison. If I set the dB lower on receiver then gain/distortion on the profile is far less than using a cable?

Hi all.

I have just got the Shure GLXD16. However, I am definitely hearing a change in tone from using a cable. The Shure doesn't sound as full and seems like the top end is harsher. I am also experiencing a strange sound on some high gain profiles (it's like a high pitch after sound if I pick really softly when using a high gain profile). Has anyone else experienced this or can offer advice on how to improve it?

Big thanks in advance.

These are nice and I can see a lot of work went into this, However, I was never that struck on the echotappers delays and still far prefer the eftp from my Magic Stomp. Although tape modulation/flutter are easy enough to add manually within the Kemper, there doesn't appear to be any added to these profiles? Maybe I just need to play around a little longer with these and use them as a useful starting point.

Most Shadows delays are actually 4 delays fed into each other. Apache is only 2 delays and is relatively well documented on the web. If you want Atlantis, Wonderful land type rhythmic delays try my one on rig exchange 'Hank Delays' I did a direct comparison with my Magic Stop set up with eftp and used the morph pedal to quickly compare both the Kemper delays against the eftp. I have taken a long time to tweak each delay to sound as close to the eftp and to my ears is extremely close.

Just uploaded my reproduction of my favourite eftp sounds from my Yamaha Magic Stomp. First time I have uploaded anything to rig exchange, so not sure how long it will take to appear. Search for 'Hank Delays' I have also included the new spring reverb so if you haven't downloaded the new OS then please do so.
    Would love to know your thoughts on this preset. Happy guitar playing everyone!

Having gone from using a Rocktron All-Access midi controller to the Kemper remote in some ways is better and some ways quite limiting. The expression pedals on the Rocktron All-Access can be re assigned per preset. However, the expression pedals on the Kemper remote will only allow to assign each expression to one thing (ok you can pair them up, wah/pitch, volume/morph) but my problem is I only want to use 2 expression pedals on my setup. I would love to be able to assign some rigs with one expression pedal to be a wah and another rig for it to be a morph pedal not wah AND morph all at the same time. Currently I can't do this and had the idea of plugging an expression pedal into a balanced A/B box and have that plugged into two of the expression pedal outs on the remote. This way I could switch the pedal from being a wah to a morph pedal at anytime without need for another pedal. Does anyone know if a balanced A/B switch exists or have any other suggestions?

Hi everyone.

Just wanted some advice on how to set wah better for higher notes (past 13th fret). All of the preset ways I have tried so far seem to sound far too subtle after the 13th fret on high E string. I know that this can happen with 'real' wah pedals too. Could anyone suggest any settings I could try to enhance the wah on these higher strings and frets?

Thanks

Thats ok to alter mix levels via morphing with some effects, but if you want to morph between two delays setting (different delay settings in two separate effects blocks) you loose the rails of the longer delays when morphing between the two. For these reasons (unless someone has a better work around) is why I would prefer to morph effects ON/OFF instead of mearly adjusting the mix of each.

It would be good idea to be able to select/toggle (set in Kemper to toggle between guitars 1/2/3) the input preset via midi or with remote for people who use multiple guitars during a gig or have to switch to a backup guitar with different output without needing to go near the Kemper. Switching guitars onstage can be tedious (checking tuning etc) and then having to fiddle with input screen on Kemper to select correct guitar can really lose the flow and momentum during a live gig.

All sorted now.
    Needed to adjust the parameters a lot less than I first assumed. Also found the wah preset list (was turning wrong knob before). I am new to the Kemper so still learning and finding things out.

Thanks for suggestions everyone.