Posts by KriGro

Updated Toaster to 7.0.9 with RM 2.3.13 (Win 10).

Worked flawless on first try, no hick-ups or strange messages.

Disconnected RM and fiddled with some knobs to see if everything looked normal.

So far nothing strange?

I have two expression pedals connected to the remote. One is dedicated for volume post the stack. Heel position is approx 40% of full volume (toe position).

I have the pedal in the middle position when setting the Master volume to the right level in relation to the other instruments during sound check. That is my ”normal level”, giving me the possibility to boost the volume during solos, or

reduce volume a bit when needed.

I agree with Deej09 regarding Kemper moderators not publishing update posts on Announcements from Kemper.

I always try to keep up with updates there.

In these times of rapid updates with fixes in OS7 and RM (to go with OS), it’s quite hard to follow by scrolling this post and the RM post to stay updated.

@G String Now we really need the latest announcements in one place.

Keep up the good work.

Kemper moderators/support sometimes enter the discussion and ask someone to submit a ticket of an issue mentioned in this beta thread. Some few post ago Kemper support also commented on an issue as a “known bug”.

Wouldn’t it be an idea for Kemper to list knows bugs in a pinned post, adding new issues once they have been confirmed by Kemper after looking into submitted tickets.

Glancing through such a post could help users understand strange behaviors on their units and not report, ask questions or submit tickets for issues already known.

Or, maybe there already is such a post that I’ve not found?

I also noticed the tuner showing the actual value of +/- cents.

But why so small? It’s more or less impossible to read on the remote when standing up.

Please make the characters much larger - there seems to be available space on the screen.

I agree with Ruefus and others, using the soft knobs under the screen (as showed in the image) would be a more intuitive and faster way to scroll the three columns. Hope for it to come in a future update.

On the other hand, the lower soft knobs already has a given function each to edit the parameters for the active effect.

Maybe the navigation cross would be a better way as suggested by Wheresthedug

I updated to RM 2.3.1 (Win 10 64 bit) and OS 7.0 earlier today.

It took me several tries before it was all complete.

1 - Upgraded RM without having the KPA connected to my PC.

My recommendation is first to let RM synchronize new rigs in Rig Exchange. I did not, and starting the suggested RM update while RM was synchronizing with Rig Exchange soon ended in an error in the installation and the RM freezing. If you have your RM running all the time I guess this is a quick process. But if there are a couple of hundred rigs to synchronize it takes several minutes.

I had to reboot my PC to be able to start RM, still the previous version.

Second time RM suggested the upgrade to RM 2.3.1 I cancelled the suggestion and waited for RM to download all new rigs from Rig Exchange.

Then I let RM check for updates (Beta versions included).

The update to RM 2.3.1 was found immediately and I installed it without any problems.

2 - Connecting and starting the KPA

This is where some more problems occurred. I don’t know which is the best order to connect and start application and devices.

My first attempt was having RM 2.3.1 still running, connecting the KPA with USB and then starting the KPA. The screen of the KPA showed a message that OS 7 was needed, at the same time RM suggested to update the KPA. I started the installation but it aborted before running complete.

I tried to restart the RM with a failure. I restarted the KPA with more failures.

Finally I shut down both PC and KPA, started the KPA and waited for it start properly (still showing OS 6.0). Then I started the PC with the KPA on and connected via USB, hoping for Win to find the external device (KPA) during startup.

I started RM and immediately got the suggestion to update the KPA. I cancelled the suggestion to check that there was no synchronization running between RM and Rig Exchange.

Then I had RM to check for updates, and the OS 7.0 update was suggested.

This time installing worked the whole process through. It took longer time than normal updates, there was a lot of messages displayed at the KPA screen and some automatic reboots.

Finally it works :)

For me it was trial and (many) errors, probably caused by me not knowing the best/correct order to connect and start the different devices/applications.

Similar problems has occured with previous updates, so this was not a first.

I wish Kemper had some kind of documented “best practice/proven order” in which order to connect/start different devices/applications and a suggested workflow to avoid unnecessary problems/errors.

Maybe different workflows for PC and MAC, depending on different system related issues.

I have checked the new editing of stomps/FX on the KPA screen and it works nice as described. Thank you Kemper for this much better and easier way to overview and edit.

I found and tested the possibility to swap the up&down functionality on the remote. It works as suggested. Now I just have to decide in what way I will have the switches working.

Some user parameters seems to have changed when updating and may have to be reset to user values. I found that the time for morphing, using the foot switches, had changed from my previous shorter values.

There also was something strange when editing the Rig volume for a Performance preset having the RM still connected, either nothing happened or there were big jumps in volume.

I didn’t have the time to investigate this further, having to prepare for rehearsal tomorrow. Instead I disconnected the KPA from my PC, restarted the KPA (not connected to the PC) and it seems to work as it should.

Looking forward to upcoming improvments with the editor and acoustic simulations. And more... :)

Thank’s for sharing Bommel, very generous and much appreciated.

I find your idea of trying to recreate acoustic sounds using magnetic pickups very interesting.
    Many times for rehearsals I don’t bring my acoustic. Instead I try to use profiles with my electric without piezo that can give me acoustic sounds. It would be great to have acoustic sounds good enough for a live band mix, not needed to substitute the acoustic in recording situations.

If you dive into that maybe a hint of which type of pickup and placement a certain profile is best suited for, included in the profile name.
    Humbucker in serial or parallel (HBS/HBP), P90, Single coil (SCL)
    Neck (N), Mid (M) or Bridge (B), Bridge+Middle (BM) etc

I use a similar way to add a abbreviation at the end of Performance names to know which pickup combination is intended for every performance (equaling a song).

Thank you Monkey_Man for your excellent efforts to compile everything regarding Wah settings and to everyone else contributing with their own experiences.

I’m new to using Wah as I have never before owned a Wah pedal, and I find all the help in this post really inspiring. I find the different Kemper Wah parameters hard to interpret to what they actually do.

Could I just ask Monkey_Man if you please would add the manufacturer/model name to the different settings in the original post. Instead of just writing GCB95 maybe it could say Dunlop Crybaby GCB95, or similar.

It would be easier when trying to identify and maybe compare the original Wah pedals on YouTube.

If not, I’m still very grateful to all the work done :)

+1 for the same reasons already mentione; my iPhone always in the pocket and the iPad always at rehearsals. But the laptop at home most of the time.

Thanks for trying to find a workaround Karajan. Any suggestions appreciated :)
    I thought of the same idea as Rod, having double rigs, depending speakers/headphones, but I dropped the idea. Too much time spent doubling rigs instead of trying out new profiles or playing.

I would like to calibrate my headphones as close to the active speaker as possible, accepting that they never will be exactly the same. But the closer the better, maybe also making it possible to tweak some rigs with headphones closer to be usable in a live situation. At the moment I don't touch my settings within a rig when using headphones because then it will sound bad through the speaker.

And adding a EQ page, like the ones for Monitor and Main in the output, shouldn't that complicated for the great developers at Kemper.

Thnx for the clarification P3t3rB,
    I started building the hierarchy in RM, mirroring the folder structure on the HDD, but then used the RM import feature in every RM folder.
    Copy/Paste is a much faster way with two windows side by side, and a better overview as well.
    A time saving advice.

Thnx MonkeyMan,
    I was struggeling with the same question as everasia and ended up with your suggestion as a possible workaround.
    Good to have it confirmed. Now I will concentrate my efforts in building a folder hierarchy instead of spending time on searching for solutions.

Thanx,
    I've had my RedSound for two weeks, but so far I'm happy with it. Before I got it I used the power amp of my Mesa Express in FX retur. But I believe the RedSound sound sounds better. But I have no other FRFR to compare with.

Hi everyone,

I’m a new Kemper owner playing rhythm guitar in a hobby cover band. Bought the black unpowered toaster and the remote used a few weeks ago.

I would first of all like to thank everyone at this forum for sharing your experiences. This forum, Kemper video tutorials and YouTube helped me a lot to make up my mind buying a KPA. It was the same regarding choosing the RedSound active cab. After my acquisition I have continued to get valuable information at this forum getting to know my KPA better and tweaking sounds. Thank you all.

I’m not a very skilled player (intermediate) but I’m enjoying every minute with the KPA, and if it’ good enough for so many extremely talented and professional guitarist, live and in studio, it will most certainly be more than good enough for me.

One reason for getting a KPA is the versatility, not having to choose one amp to buy. I was getting a bit tired lugging my 25+ kg Mesa Express 5:50 (great amp btw) and a heavy pedal board back and forth between home and rehearsals. With the KPA I now have every sound I can think of with excellent quality, from acoustic and clean to heavy metal. With the RedSound I have a range full and flat enough to get great sounds and no problems with competing with our (loud) lead guitarist.

I will keep on using this forum for inspiration and a most valuable source of knowledge for how to get the most out of my KPA.

To me the KPA means great fun and endless possibilities…

I would like to see a separate EQ for headphones in the output section to enable "calibration" of my headphones closer to my active RedSound speaker. It would improve the possibilities for dialing in sounds at home not disturbing the rest of the family.
    It shouldn't be a feature that difficult to add.