Posts by wwittman

That’s, with respect, nonsense.

There haven’t been any “proofs” of any such thing.
    Only opinion.

A B testing is only useful with people TRAINED as to what the artifacts are and how to listen for them.
    And also in truth it’s music we are talking about, not data.
    It doesn’t matter if an average person cannot identify a difference in a piece of music he doesn’t particularly know.
    But show a trained recording engineer or producer a comparison using a track he is intimately familiar with, and emotionally INVESTED in, and then he can spot the difference every time.

I’ll stake my own reputation to no small degree... but when people as informed AND talented as George Massemburg talk about the value of recording at 192k it’s foolishness if you choose to ignore it because some armchair writers on the internets claim to “debunk” it.
    When I’ve heard their hit records I’ll take them as seriously.

To your other comment:
    The makers of digital audio hardware and software DO make high sample rates available.
    One could as easily argue that if they were “unnecessary” then they’re wasting resources by offering it.

People love to quote Lavry for his conclusion that sample rates above 60k might be unnecessary, but those same people almost never quote the other part of his conclusIon which was that lacking 60k conveyors, and given the current availability, he’d recommend 96k.

well the quote I got back from them was roughly $630 with shipping!

that's, needless to say, too much to be practical.

I'm waiting for another quote,e from a US manufacturer, but it's starting to look like a, $300ish, 6u shock rack is the way to go, and we will find a way to safely mount the remote somewhere for transit.

First of all....Cyndi Lauper ? OMG that's impressive!!

I would got shock mount for added protection - why not.

I would just get a good flight case for the remote. Do you not use expression pedals? If you have any other outboard gear then easier to have a pedal board unless you have any restrictions on weight/number fo boxes.

My plan is to perhaps have a touch sensitive overdrive that I use in front of the Kemper in the rack.
    And I'll need a synth bass pedal for this tour that I plan on building into a performance slot in the effects loop.
    But otherwise, part of the appeal is to NOT have anything else but the Kemper, and nothing but the remote on the ground.

Thanks.
    I don’t have to worry much about size or weight (within reason).
    Whatever it is it’s going to weigh less and be smaller than a flight cased SVT head.
    I am admittedly spoiled (happily).

So shock seems the way to go.

Fwiw I’ve had issues in the past with molded plastic cases. Airlines find a way to destroy them. And road crews generally hate them.

Does the Thomann have rear rack rails as well?

Meanwhile I’m going to put in a quote request at Calzone.

For international touring I will probably look into whether the back line co can provide the Kemper so I can just bring a USB stick.
    I have a friend who does that successfully in parts of Europe, but it depends on what part of the world.

This summer we are out in the US and Canada and we take our back line with us.
    So I still need a solution.

I’m not sure whether permanently mounting the Remote to the inside of a rack case lid is better than trying to build a foam cutout or shelf.
    But thanks for all the suggestions.
    Keep them up!

Oh- I MD and play with Cyndi Lauper.
    We are out again this summer opening for Rod Stewart.

I think the only Canada show is 13 July in Quebec City (not with Rod). Although I hear a London ON show might be added.

so, I am transitioning my touring bass rig to the Kemper and I see a lot of case related posts here beginning with "well, I wouldn't do a WORLD TOUR with it..." or other similar disclaimer.

well, I DO need to do world tours with it, so I need serious ATA level protection that not only our own road crew, but, more worry-worthy, the local stagehands can't destroy.

I have the Powered Rack version and the Remote.

I'm thinking that an ATA shock mount rack in 6u would cover the Profiler (3u) and the wireless receiver and a power conditioner.
    But this doesn't leave a lot of room for the remote and I'm a bit concerned anyway that just stuffing the remote in there free-floating isn't much protection for its switches.

I've seen the Thomann case that people post, but a) it's in Europe and I'm in the US and that adds a lot of needless extra cost... b) it's for the toaster head, not the rack version... and c) frankly, that doesn't look like the foot Remote is all that well protected.

I'm wondering if the Remote fits inside the rack lid of a 6u case if I added the right foam cut-out, but that still leaves a lot of opportunity for it to bounce around if someone knocks the case over or drops it, etc.
    these things, sad to say, happen.

has anyone actually come up with, or seen, a solid major tour ready case ?

thanks in advance!