Posts by wwittman

The signed ones are crazy pricey but also sold out.

I can probably get my hands on a production run one later in the year as the guys putting it together are friends of mine.

Maybe the volume pedal needs recalibration? You can check to see if it is using the full range in the Settings menu. Otherwise I can only suggest going through the Output menu and checking that nothing has inadvertently become linked to the main volume knob. Maybe check the input page too, and double check your clean sense setting and make sure the input section is locked (clean sense is stored per Rig, and if your profiles have a minus clean sense value, yet you had the input section locked at 0 when you made the performance and now it has somehow become unlocked, that could also affect overall output, I think).

Keep us posted. If you get chance, maybe send a backup to support and explain the problem.

i have checked those things, but thanks

No. This was at several different locations with different splitters and monitor hardware.

We did try swapping cables at various parts of the chain.

It would SEEM it was the Kemper output.

well good news is that the -12dB setting was NOT clicked 'on', so nothing got changed inadvertently.

bad news is that this clearly wasn't the cause of the issues.

so I remain flummoxed.

thanks a lot!

I'll have a look tomorrow.

Would be weird if that got pushed and stored, but it would certainly account for the level discrepancy which is almost exactly that amount.

cheers,

w2

So a month or so ago we did a one off show and when I arrived for soundcheck (after the tee he set up and line checked) our monitor engineer asked me to look over the set up as the output from my Kemper seemed about 10-12 dB lower than it had been through our whole summer tour (using the same Performance bank)

We never could find what was up and ended up just doing the show with him cranking the monitor desk gain to compensate and FOH just dealt.

Then the next show we played it seems back to ‘normal’ and we just assumed it was some weirdness there in the snake or cabling...

But... fast forward.

Not we have done three more one offs and for all of these last three the output again seems low.

I can’t see any obvious reason why anything has changed.

But I’m throwing it out here to see if anyone has an instant inkling as to what might have been bumped or what to look at.

The output level is still where I stored it.

Volume control on the front panel is still set to only affect the powered out to the cab.

I’ve tried it with and without the remote connected. And with and without the expression/volume pedal attached to said remote.

Even reloaded from a thumb drive backup.

No clue.

Anyone?

So one thing announced by Slate Digital is an Overloud guitar amp plug in that “allows Overloud engineers to reproduce the famous amp profiles from one of the most popular hardware amp profiler.”

Interesting?

It occurs to me that if the trend is toward digital wireless units, it would make sense if someone had a receiver that could clock to, and spit out spdif directly to, the Kemper without an additional D-A-D step in between. Staying in the digital domain.

THAT might convince me to go digital wireless.