Posts by GaryT898

I have the following for sale. Kemper remote is in like new condition, no issues, no scratches, dents, dings, nothing. I have all original packaging as well.

(1) Kemper Remote $425

Remote is a brand new replacement remote from Kemper that replaced my defective one. It was taken out of the box to update to Beta 5.5 and used for two rehearsals. Remote works perfectly with no issues.

PLUS SHIPPING
    PAYPAL Friends and Family or you pay the fees.

Gary.

You can email me at [email protected] if you would like photos.

Thank you

$3500 Firm
    Pro Touring Rig
    This is a complete professional touring rig. The road case was custom built by Gilmore Custom Cases. It has 3” locking caster wheels, a six unit rack, two drawers, a one piece locking front cover and a removable access port for cabling on the backside of the rack accessories. One drawer houses the Kemper Remote, the other drawer is for any extras you may wanna carry with you. Included in the sale of this unit is:
    Furman Power Conditioner
    Non Powered Kemper Profiler
    Kemper Remote Footboard
    Matrix GT1000FX Poweramp
    (2) Matrix FR12P FRFR speakers
    Shure Wireless System is not included in sale.
    Unit is located in Sacramento. If you wanna “hear” it, you have to come down to our rehearsal studio. If you wanna buy it, I am willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet or deliver with gas compensation.
    Apparently my photos are too large to post. I have it listed on Craigslist in Sacramento CA. under musical instruments. Type Kemper in the search bar and my rig will come up.

https://sacramento.craigslist.…ng-guitar/6564700274.html

I had the exact same issue happen last week to me last week, as described by the OP. I was thinking it’s the cable, and contacted KA-USA for a new cable. So is this a remote issue? My problem was the same, as well as how it “fixed itself”. What should I do?

Contact Kemper. It was determined that the IP address on my remote was dropping out, causing the remote to freeze up and go blank. I already received my new remote and no problems as of yet. :thumbup:

Yeah this happened to me Mid show last night.
    Switched patch and walked downstage for solo and by The time I was back, Remote was dead.
    Unplugged the remote, rebooted it and it worked fine.... but I’d like it to not just up and die on me again.
    Anyone get anywhere with this problem?
    -Cam

This happened to me as well again last night. (See latest reply in this thread). My issue wont correct by unplugging the cable though. I had to shut the Kemper down in order for the remote to boot back up. Mine is less than a year old so I have contacted Sweetwater, and they have contacted Kemper. Hopefully there will be some resolve soon.

So, this happened again last night. I own 2 Kempers, 2 cables and one remote. This time the remote went blank with my other Kemper while connected to a different cable. This is definitely not a cable issue. I have contacted Sweetwater, because they are who I purchased everything from and they have notified Kemper. Last time I had a remote problem, they had a new one at my front door step in less than 48 hours. Hopefully I will get the same customer service. We go on tour next weekend and I do not want to be worried about this happening again while on the road.

This 6505 profile is probably one of the best sounding profiles I have tried. Just downloaded it, did just a little tweaking to my taste (added just a little presence) and it is a brutal sounding high gain profile. If you are a metal player, this profile is a must have!!!

Thank you @mickrich for this.

I will do that. Thanks and I will be in contact with you.
    I did grab the EVH profile. I had a Bogner with cross V30s and G25s and that cab sounded amazing. It was the last 4-12 I had before switching over to Kemper and Matrix

Mickrich,

I just downloaded 3 of your profiles that I am going to load later this evening into my Kemper. I appreciate you doing this because I dont have any amps to profile anymore and I am a touring artist. I am in the market for high gain profiles and no one seems to want to deliver.

One of the ones that I am really interested in is a Peavey 6505 with a Maxon 808D in front of the amp.

I have spent literally hundreds of dollars on profiles and right now I have probably 2 go to profiles. I am totally willing to purchase killer sounding high gain profiles that are just brutal heavy, yet cut through a mix. The intro riff to Raise Your Horns by Amon Amarth is the type of live profile tone that I would love to have.

Would you be wiling to help me out?

Just an update.....

I have wiggled both ends of the cable the the plug in points and it does not affect the remote. Maybe it just got stuck or something.....I don't know. I have used it three times since and no issues at all. Don't know if I wanna close this thread just yet as I really do not have an answer or solution to this problem.

Last weekend my band was playing a show and right as I was about click my solo channel the remote display went dark, defaulted to my clean channel, and I was unable to use the remote to switch channels. I changed the channel on the Kemper itself and in about 25 seconds the remote came back without any further issues. Later I found that the connection to the Kemper seems somewhat loose if I shake it and sometimes if I move the cable at the Kemper the remote loses connection and it takes about 30 seconds for it to connect. I am using a replacement CAT-5E 24 AWG cable but it also happens with my original cable that I do not use because that cable always becomes tangled and has the unprotected plastic tip. I wish the Kemper was built with the metal connector like on the remote. Do others sometimes lose connection or If your cable is moved where it meets the Kemper does it sometimes lose connection? My cable did not move at the show when it lost connection. This issue has only happened once but it worries me, my band plays out often and the thought of the remote possibly cutting out is frightening!!

I had the same issue happen during a reheasal the other night, other than mine did not come back on. My remote went blank when I went to change a bank. I unplugged the cable for 10 seconds, plugged it back in, all the lights cycled on the remote, then it got stuck in the "waiting to connect" mode and went blank again. I unplugged the remote and tried again and got the same result. I ended up turning the Kemper off for 10 seconds, turning it back on and the remote came back on, working fine for the rest of the evening.
    I called Sweetwater (I purchased from them) and the guy tells me it might be a cable issue. They are sending me out a new cable but I am sceptical to believe its the cable.
    This is the first time this has happened.
    The remote lives in the bottom part of a padded case (even on stage) and was very stable when the incident occurred.
    All of my connections are tight and secure.
    My fear is this going to happen when I least expect it when I am on the road.

I should have the new cable on Friday. We will see what happens.

Hey there guys,

Last night at rehearsal, I was playing, went to change my bank on my remote and it froze up, then went blank, as if it had no power to it. I removed the cable from the remote, waited 10 seconds and plugged it back in. The remote lights came on, it started to cycle, then got stuck in the "waiting to connect" mode.......then went blank again. I unplugged the cable again, waited 10 seconds and it did the same thing. Finally, I turned the Kemper off, waited 10 seconds and turned it back on. It worked this time and worked for the rest of the evening. Has anyone else had this issue? I called Sweetwater and they said it possibly could be the cable so they are giving me another cable to try out.

This is the very first time this has ever happened so I am questioning it being a cable issue. The remote was not moving around, it was very stable.

Thoughts?

Hey there guys.

I have owned my Kemper for about a half a year now and I have my live tones dialed in great. I am getting constant compliments on my tone from most shows we play. We are getting ready to start recording our second album and I am noticing that my live profiles dont quite sound the same when I am recording with the Kemper. I use heavy distortion, but it doesnt come out as crisp recorded as it does live. I have messed around with my profiles that I have purchased and I just cant seem to get the sound I am looking for. Is this what "Studio" profiles are for? I purchase a lot of third party Kemper profiles, but I cant seem to dial in that heavy, crisp sound without it sounding over distorted.

Anyone have any suggestions or profiles they wanna throw at me? Doesn't matter if they are free or if I have to purchase.

Thanks,
    Gary

Hello all,

I have a question and I cannot for the life of me figure it out. I have posted on the Presonus forum and received no answers. I am hoping someone can help me out here.

I have Presonus Studio One Three Professional, a FocusRite Scarlett 6i6 audio interface and a Kemper Profiler. We are getting ready to start recording our next album and I want to use the Kemper for recording. Last year, we recorded in a studio and this year we are doing most of the recording in house. I recorded a dry track and a wet track at the same time last year while recording. This year, at home, I have my Guitar into my Kemper, Kemper SPDIF out going to my interface SPDIF in and the interface USB out to my (Sweetwater) Creation Station. I load 2 mono tracks in my DAW and both tracks receive the wet signal as soon as they are armed. I then tried to mess with I/Os and that did not help or change anything. Then, I plugged my guitar into my interface, went from my interface SPDIF out to my Kemper SPDIF in, Kemper SPDIF out back to the interface SPDIF in, with the USB out to my creation station and I get nothing but a faint dry signal.

Now, if I use my plugins, such as EZ Mix or Helix Native, I can do this.

How do I achieve one track with a wet audio signal and one track with a dry audio signal and be able to record both tracks at the same time?

Also......Does each track loaded into the DAW have the capability to be routed individually? I tried this and each time I changed the I/Os (from the I/O section in the track editor), it changed both tracks I/Os.

Please help

Thank you