Posts by GaryT898

Hey there guys, got my kemper all set up and it sounds frawking amazing. The very first profile that caught my attention was the Fireball!! Very little tweaking needed to achieve the sound that I am looking for.

So I am asking for some assistance on looking for guitar profiles that are along the lines of Amon Amarth, Nevermore, Testament, etc. Looking for killer cab IRs as well. I have no problem paying for a profile that fits my style until I get the gist of my Kemper worked out.

Thank you.

So I just bought the same pack last night and I was a little disappointed with it. I am really looking for that early Metallica Mark MKIIC++ Mesa Boogie sound.
    I am still real new at the Kemper Controls and amp/cab matching too so some of this is inexperience on my end.
    But I, too am looking for some heavy profiles.

So I received my Kemper on Tuesday and was creating tones and playing guitar within 20 minutes of getting everything set up. I cannot believe how much better the Kemper sounds compared to the previous modeling systems I have owned. I was so distracted by the ease of use of the Kemper that I totally forgot all about downloading Rig Manager. So last night I downloaded rig manager and everything seems pretty straight forward, but the program constantly freezes up. Seems like more of a pain in the a** than what its worth. I tried to re-install it and that didnt fix it. I tried to repair it and that didnt fix it either. I did install the latest update too.....that didnt fix it.

Is anyone else having the same issue? Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

I contacted Sweetwater, who contacted Kemper and they are shipping me out a new remote next day air. Already have tracking info. Delivering tomorrow.

Thank you Kemper.

I am having some issues with my remote and it's probably user error. I am in "perform" mode, I load a performance and everything appears to load correctly. I press button one and it activates that rig. I press button two and sometimes it activates that rig. I press button three and the tuner turns on. I turn the tuner off at the tuner button and my performances start scrolling really fast from 1-125.

What am I not doing or haven't done? I know this must be an easy setting that I may not be aware of.

I have my Kemper!!!

Figured out how to save rigs!!!

Now my remote is acting weird. If I press button 1, if activates button 4 sometimes. I will post a video if I need to, but the buttons are not corresponding with what I am pressing.

Super excited that my Kemper has shipped and it should be in my hands by Wednesday the 26th. Is there anything in particular I should know about cabling my Kemper, such as special cables between the Kemper and the power amp or the cabs. I am using a Matrix GT100FX power amp and two Matrix FR12P cabs. I plan running in stereo as well.

Thanks

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome and the information! I was just told my Kemper and remote are shipping tomorrow. Super excited! Feel free to suggest sites for profiles and cabs! I definitely have no problem upgrading things as necessary. :)

Welcome Gary,
    what is your fav amp sound and what kind of guitars do you prefer?

Cheers
    Frank

I am a metal player so I will be looking for a Randall Satan profile, 6505+, Mesa MKII++, Triple Rec. etc.
    I own Ibanez Prestige guitars with either a Dimarzio Dactivator or Evo in bridge and Air Norton in the Neck.