Posts by Ccunningham99

I am still new and learning with the Kemper...

Curious... It feels that some profiles turning the Gain up "losses' the tone, where turn the gain slightly down and hitting the front with a Pure booster..gives it a better tone...

This is for that more heavy rock crunch of "marshallesque" style amps...

Is it just me? I seem to like on all profile to pick a higher gain and turn down the gain than to turn it up? Especially for Clean tones turning down the gain seems to give it room when you add an OD for more gain...

I am using an Atomic FRFR If that matters.

Do you mean a profile that you use with real

cabs or do you want the cabs digital too?

In that case why not make 3 different profiles? They could be three studio profiles, one with each different speaker. That should technically be the same as when you turn your head into a direct profile and then profile the cabs (a process for which you need to attach the amp head anyways).

Sorry, I might not quite understand your question.

I may have worded it poorly....

baiscally I wanted to profile a head and have three cab. Options later on the to swap out...

Make a profile, where I can swap out my cabs? Is that a merged or direct?

So if I want to profile my guitar head... with a 4x12 and then a 1x12 and a 1x12 open back...

So I can swap out cabs, with the head profile...is that considered a merged or direct...

I was thinking distorted tones through 4x12 and the shimmery cleans through the 1x12 open...

a side question.... my friend owns a studio... so I was thinking using a 57, 121 and maybe a 421.... to have different options or is this getting to deep in the weeds

So I have the Kemper toaster

I have read and thought about buying powerstage amp as an in case situation I could always use a cab at a gig if needed.

So of course I thought about getting a Kemper Kab...

What would be the difference between that and the Atomic CLR I have... I like the CLR... but I guess I won’t know until I hear the Kemper...

is the assumption that the Kemper or Atomic is only for “me” and stage sound...?
    I mean whatever I hear from the atomic or Kemper is what the crowd hears through the FOH?

I think that is a factor going direct. If you just play through a live cab, It is mostly taken out of the equation. I have not yet started with this (because I'm just having too much fun playing it) But eventually I want to make this a direct rig into the P.A. and have it sound exactly as I want it to there.

Here has been my approach to this and why:

I have realized that since different profiles I like have different cabs that really affect the sound, I wanted to take cabs out of the equation and find rigs that I like. Kinda like when you are fixing a car first you have to figure out if it is fuel or electrical and start there. So I went direct through a live cab (I realize even with monitor cab off, there is some cab "baked in" to an unmerged profile and that's OK) and found amps that I like. I will then attempt to find a cab that makes it sound like my lynchback cab does in the room through the FOH & done.. Normally I play through the same speaker all night and with many sounds and it has never been an issue. I now realize (for live use) I should pick a cab and go with it save for the odd 8" champ speaker sound or something. I'm guessing people that use a kemper on the pro level aren't using 6 different cabs. Now that I am "getting it" I can see what problems that could create unless you are really meaning to shift things in a way that may confuse ears. Right now I am just sampling some cabs and seeing what they do in a studio setting so I know when I start dialing them into a P.A. I know (or hope to know) what to reach for to make it sound like my live cab in the studio. This just makes the most sense to me to approach it this way to build a live rig. I'd love to pick MBritts brain on this exact subject. (Using cabs live)

What kind of sounds are you going for? Metal, hard or classic rock? And what is your playing situation? Are you playing loud through an FRFR, or in a studio situation with studio monitors?

Asking because I've found that different profiles sound better in different situations. For me, M. Britt's high gain amp profiles are too dark and muddy for studio use, but sound pretty good when cranked in a live situation. His clean amp profiles sound great in any situation, though. I personally think Top Jimi is kinda overrated, and have not found any of his stuff that I'm crazy about.

I personally play a mix of heavy, high gain profiles, and some clean and edge-of-breakup profiles. For the high gain stuff, I've found a mix of free profiles by Lars Luettge, Jevo, and Petr82 that sound amazing. For paid stuff, I've bought a few packs from ReampZone that also sound great. I have a preset list of my favorite cabs from those profiles, and they all work pretty interchangeably with each other.

I have a few projects... the main two are a social distortion tribute... using two marshall profiles and a solo profile...The cover band is 70’s thru 2000...metal, rock and alternative ... yes fairly loud through the FRFR...

the Mbritt stuff I’d good and I understand his idea on the darker live for less ear fatigue... but he had a divided 13 profile that I like without touching...

The top jimi for me is working for me.... but I am tweaking it a bit... more because I use Les Pauls and I see his profiles did also...I think that helps ...

One of my favorite profile was the mistake I mentioned where I locked the TJ cab, locked my basic delay and reverb and went to BPH Soldano file and was like ....there it is...

It was the BPH cab wasn’t working for the FRFR but the other cab did...who knew

I did notice many profilers LOVE reverb way more than I do ...lol

I will check out the file you mentioned...