Posts by BasementBluesBoy

Ich dachte auch immer, ich kaufe das Profil von dem und dem Amp und dann klingt das gut. Ich war auch auf Marshall als Rockamp fixiert. Aber ich habe festgestellt, dass Klampfe und Profil zusammen passen sollten, da der KPA mE sehr stark auf die Pickups etc. reagiert, mE stärker als ne Röhre.

Mein Hauptamp ist dann ein Fender Twin mit einer Richie Kotzen Tele geworden. Hätte ich vorher auch nicht gedacht.

Not only amps, mics and cabs, but also the type of guitar and pickups make a big difference. I get the best results with Fender guitars American Standard Strat, Richie Kotzen Signature Tele and Strat, but not so much with my Les Paul Standard or PRS Custom. I find the KPA reacts very sensitive to different guitars. The RK signatures are probably the most underrated signature guitars in my opinion. Great quality, great tone, made in Japan.
    BBB

Also preiswert ist das System schon aber das es als System für die Gitte schlecht ist, kann ich überhaupt nicht sagen. Ich habe es seit ein paar Monaten im Einsatz, wenn ich übe, im Proberaum und beim letzten Gig von knapp 3h. Eine Verschlechterung des Gitarrensounds oder Latenz könnte ich überhaupt nicht feststellen. Auch wenn ich das System während der Probe durch ein hochwertiges Kabel ersetzt habe, weil es leer war, habe ich keinen Unterschied gehört.
    Ich werde das Teil weiter nutzen.
    BBB

Ach ja, ich finde auch das die Profile zT sehr unterschiedlich klingen mit unterschiedlichen Klampfen. Meine Les Paul und PRS Custom gefallen mir über die meisten Profile nicht. Strat und Richie Kotzen Tele klingen idR super. Keine Ahnung warum. Spiele einfach wieder mehr Tele und Strat.

Bbb

Hi there,
    Tried the dxr10 as speaker on stage and for small clubs. But they were lacking bottom and punch. So I am back to a transistor power amp and a Marshall vintage speaker as monitor on stage or for small clubs and the mains to foh. With this set up it is very helpful that you can switch off the cab for the monitor out and leaving it on for FOH.

Bbb

Hi there,
    I play guitar in a 6 piece classic rock cover band and last night we played a great gig at a small club. I played the unpowered KPA through the PA in mono and routed the monitor out to a transistor power amp and a Marshall speaker. The KPA sounded great on stage and through the PA.

However, during our opening song Fortunate Son in the Foo Fighters version, the other guitarist take a solo each. I already used pure boost to increase the volume by 5db and the compressor to boost by another 5db but still my solo sounded burried by the rest of the band.

How can I increase the volume for the solo and then afterwards reduce it again? Do I need a volume pedal or should I morph the volume? If so how does that work? Or what would you recoomend I should use to solve this issue?

Thanx for your help and keep rocking.
    Bbb

@Booyah
    I will try to profile my TSL 602 als studio and di profiles and see how this works. No, I will hold on to the KPA. It is a great tool for recording. But for smaller gigs I probably have to find a different speaker for it or play through a small tube amp. At bigger gigs I will take the Marshall als back up and play the KPA through FOH. In case something goes wrong our soundguy can switch to the Marshall.

Bbb

Hi there,
    I want to use the KPA live with a guitar cabinet through an SS-Poweramp on stage and at the same time send the studio profile to FOH. Basically, the DI-profile is routed through the monitor out and the studio profile through FOH at the same time for one profile.

I think I read that this can be done with merged profiles. But cannot remember the routings or settings.

Any help is very welcome. THX in advance.
    BBB

I play in a classic rock cover band. So far I used the KPA during band rehearsals and two smaller gigs. I used to play a Marshall TSL 602, which is a pretty amp, so I wanted something lighter.
    The other guitarist plays a Marshall head through a Vox 2x12 cab with pedals. I played the Kemper through Yanaha 10 with some Britt or ReampZone profiles. And one Gig my sound was ok, but not great at the other gig it was awful. It was thin without any punch. It just sounded weak. My band mates even asked me after the gig whether I wanted to continue with the Kemper or better I should go back to my Marshall.
    The reason for this probably is that at small venues the audience hears directly the amp in the room sound and not the miked sound. The miked sound especially with a SM57 sounds thinner than amp in the room.

Ich habe einen älteren MOTU-Traveller und das Dingen hat weder unter Windows mit Cubase gezuckt noch unter Apple OSX und Logic. Läuft super stabil, gute Wandler und regelmäßige Firmware Updates. Jede Schnittstelle, die man braucht. Deshalb auch mal bei MOTU gucken.

bbb

Try different guitars as well, I have a Fender Tele (Richie Kotzen), Strat, Les Paul Standard, PRS Custom - they all sound very different on the KPA not so much on my tube amps, which seem to even out the difference in sound. For me the Tele sounds best. Probably, one of the most under rated guitars Richie' s Tele. The LP does not sound that great.

Good luck, it is quite a bit of a journey finding the right sound with the KPA. Unfortunately, it is not plug and play. Played a few gigs with the KPA through a dxr 10 speaker and the sound was good but still can be improved especially in the band context.

I messed around with the KPA for 2 months before I used it for rehearsals with the band.

Das kann natürlich sein und auch noch an allem möglichem anderen liegen. Wenn ich die Profile aber hier über meine Genelec Abhöre höre, entsprechen sie ziemlich genau dem was ich mir wünsche. Auch auf den Aufnahmen entspricht der Sound genau meinen Vorstellungen. Auch über unser Band PA bin ich nicht unzufrieden. Das sind alte Dynacord Boxen.

Das war ein etwas größeres Musikhaus, und wie sich der Verkäufer geäußert hat war auch sehr speziell. Er hat mir also genau erklärt das man nicht erwarten kann das man mit einem Modeller, egal welcher Hersteller hier einen guten Gitarrensound bekommt. Darüber müssen wir hier jetzt aber nicht diskutieren. Ich habe mir die Erklärungsversuche auch gespart, aber mit den Boxen die er da hatte, hatte er leider recht.

Wenn ich wüsste welche Box meinem Vorstellungen Live nahekommt, würde ich sofort zuschlagen, aber Ich bin im Moment etwas verunsichert. Ich denke da führt kein Weg dran vorbei das einfach selbst zu testen, den was der eine gut findet muss dem anderen noch lange nicht gefallen.

Für so Zwecke gibt es doch 30 Tage Money Back. Man kann die Sachen dann in Ruhe zu Hause probieren. Manche geben einem nen Amp oder ne Box mal für ein Wochenende mit. So richtig spontan muss man heute fast nichts mehr kaufen.

Bbb