Posts by BasementBluesBoy

I alway read Britt, Topjimi etc. But I think ReampZone's or Dan's profiles play in the same league, but are not mentioned that often. However, I recently, read an online article, in which ReampZone was rated number one of all profilers due to the very good profiles, customer service and other reasons.

Personally, I agree 100% with that.

bbb

Na siehst du: Ente gut - alles gut.Es sind nicht die schlechtesten Profis ,die diese Erfahrung auch schon gemacht haben ;)

Ehrlich gesagt, hatte ich das nicht erwartet. Hätte ich es nicht besser gewusst, hätte ich gesagt, da speilt einer nen richtig guten Röhrenamp. Wahrscheinlich hätte ich noch wissen wollen welchen. Bin begeistert. Jetzt bieten sich natürlich jede Menge Möglichkeiten.

bbb

Yesterday, I took the KPA for the first time to our rehearsal space and played it through a dxr10 speaker. I was very sceptical, whether the sound of the KPA could keep up with my buddies Marshall and Fender tube amp. And what a surprise, the KPA did not sound that good in my home recording studio, but at the rehearsal space it sounded great.

Even my tube amp buddy had to admit, that the KPA sounds like a real tube amp. For the first time I was really impressed and surprised, b/c I did not expect the unit to sound that good.

I used ReampZone and Michael Britt profiles for classic rock and blues.

bbb

ReampZone profiles are great. I bought the Dumble, Fuchs, Soldano Marshalls and probably will buy a few more as I like the concept of having DI, merged and studio profiles. Plus the profiles sound really great for studio and live use.

Dan, Keep up the good work.
    bbb

Habe den KPA gestern zum ersten Mal mit im Proberaum gehabt und das Dingen über eine dxr10 als auch 2 HK-Audio-Monitore gespielt. Mein Kollege hat über einen Marshall JMP und eine 4x12 so wie einen Fender Deluxe gespielt. Bei mir zu Hause im Kellerstudio fand ich den Sound des KPA recht bescheiden. Die Profile teilweise kratzig und blechern. Ich war sehr skeptisch, ob man das Teil live verwenden kann.

Ich weiß auch nicht, aber im Proberaum hörte sich die Kiste absolut großartig an. Selbst mein Kollege, der schon zig Tubes und Modeller besessen hat, meinte, dass sich das Teil richtig gut anhört und das man den KPA nicht von einem echten Röhrenamp unterscheiden kann. Ich konnte keinen Unterschied zu seinem Marshall plus Pedals feststellen und fand sogar eher, dass der Kemper ausgewogener klang.

Ich hatte mit allem gerechnet, aber damit nicht. Ich war eigentlich darauf gefasst den KPA nur im HR-Studio zu verwenden. Seit gestern steht für mich fest, dass ich das Teil auch live spielen werde.

bbb

Hab gerade noch mit nem Freund telefoniert, der das AX8 von Fractal Audio hat.
    Er lässt bei sich im Cab Menü 2 Boxen parallel laufen und hat einen super Sound über die PA.
    Geht sowas auch beim Kemper?

Dual Amp geht auch nicht, obwohl es da Profile gibt mit zwei Amps. Ich weiß aber nicht, ob die wirklich besser klingen als die normalen Profile.

bbb

In my experience it works well (say a matrix). But don't expect the same experience as a tube power amp at high volumes, of course.

No, I know, I learned that in the last few months with the KPA, but if it sounds somewhere close that I can starting to use it live for smaller gigs that would be a good progress.

To think you buy a few profiles for a few bucks and to think that you basically own a Dumble or Soldano amp, which cost fortune, is of course an Illusion, I fully understand that.

Bbb

Hi there,
    Recently, started to work with the remote and the looper. I recorded a short blues rock riff using a clean Dumble profile. I played back the loop and wanted to play a solo part with a Soldano Hi-Gain profile. But it did not work as the profile of the recorded loop automatically was switched from clean to Hi-Gain.

Basically, both tracks were using the Soldano profile, which is not that great, if you want to try different sounds.

How do I keep the recorded clean profile for the loop when switching to hi-gain for some lead sounds?

Bbb

Make Direct Amp profiles of your tube amps and play them through your guitar cab on stage. Done.

Did that already. I have the unpowered version. Played the DI-profile through a Marshall 20/20 el34 power amp through a 2x12 Marshall vintage cab. Sounded ok, but not really great. And if I think of all that gear to carry around I might as well keep playing my old Marshall tube amp.

But, I think, I will buy a solid state power amp and see how that works as the tube power amp colours the sound as well.

Bbb

As a new user for almost 4 month, I have to say, that I am not overly impressed with the sound of the KPA for live situations. For my home recording Studio the unit is great.

I still can not get used to the grainy, artificial distortion sounds of the unit through the dxr10. That's why I still prefer to play my Marshall live.

However, it seems that the KPA can also sound great live as it is shown on various YouTube videos, which were captured with a mobile phone and not pimmped up in the studio to make the KPA sound huge.

For myself I decided not to return the unit and to spend some more time with it and see if I can make it work. Even, if I decide to sell it after a year, it will not be a problem as it pretty much holds its value at least here in Germany.

Recently, I talked to our sound guy, who is a professional and is also mixing other bands, he told me that one of his clients uses a KPA live, but it took the guy almost a year to make it sound like a good Marshall amp.

Now, as a professional, I would assume, that one can spend more time with the unit and can make it sound good quicker.

But I am not really, there. And if not, I will use it as practise and studio amp and play tube amps on Stage.

Bbb

Some guys mention that pedals in front of the KPA give them a better more analogue gain or overdriven sound, whereas the pure KPA sound in that department is a little too digital and artificial to them.

I do not have any pedals, as I have only played very minimalistic straight into a Marshall.

Bbb

Moin,
    vielen Dank für die reichlichen Informationen und Hilfestellungen.
    Dann darf ich mich am WE mal ransetzen und Presets basteln. X/

Ja, ich auch. Führt halt kein Weg dran vorbei. Spiele aber dadurch auch wieder mehr Klampfe. Hat also auch was positives. Wird aber sicherlich dauern.

Viel Erfolg

Bbb

Bin auch älter, aber irgendwie kann ich mir diese silent stage am Besten noch mit E-Drums für eine Rockband nicht wirklich vorstellen. Passt eher zu Tanzmukke, wo ist da noch RnR frage ich mich.
    Bbb