Posts by Da Vinci

Yesterday I found the rig exchange which gave me a option to hear a rig before copy it to my Kemper.
    After that I downloaded a rig pack from one of the forum users. It had lots of profiels (over 500 if I'm wright). I dragged this folder into the rigmanager and then it started to copy it to my Kemper! It took quite some time before I could start testing them. And most of them I'm not gonna use so it will take some time to remove them....

Is it possible to import downloaded rigs to rigmanager without making a local copy to the Kemper, try them and only put them local if I want to use them?

Thx!

Are your Lukes v1, 2 or 3, Da Vinci?

IIRC, the Luke Blue only applied to v2, no?

Luke 2 (see profile picture :))
    Both Luke Blue and Black Sparkle applied to Luke 2 if I'm wright..

Had a L3 for a few years, Olive Gold with all rosewood neck. Had some killer looks, but not my cup of tea soundwise. Thought about put some EMG's in it but dicided to sell it. Last december I could buy the Black Sprakle which I was gassing for since I first saw it on a Toto DVD my friends dad was watching in 2003/2004, when I just started playing guitar and made me buy a Luke in the first place.
    Love at first sight 13 years ago and didn't play another guitar since I have it. :love:

That is a nice thing about digital :)
    My strat had to less gain and volume on my Screamer witch was set to the output of my Les Paul and Lukes. An extra bank tweaked for that situation gives you the possibility to switch to another guitar and flatten that out.

Had a SC sized humbucker in my strat to match output but of course is costed me the twang. So I will have to set my Kemper (which I only own since yesterday) wright and then put the single coil back in. :D

So... messed around with 't for a few hours. Seemed to have found a bug in the rigmanager.... made a test rig/bank and copied some presets to the slots and changed the names. The first two names transferred to the Kemper. The third one (plexi) stayed empty... after a few copy/pastes the first name was on the third slot.... with the sound of the plexi.
    Made a new bank and everything went wright...

Is the rigmanager software buggy?

Updated everything to the latest software.

Noticed at the shop that is was much easier then my Pod, so that's a good thing! Also noticed there are lots of profiles the choose from haha.
    And lots of profiles in the rig exchange part of this forum where people are excited about. So there is stil a lot to discover!

Ha thx man! Pulled the trigger just yesterday and 'm reading a lot (on this forum, tutorials on youtube and also started to read te manual) the past week. It's a lot but I'll get there :)

Profiling with a DI and merge with a Kemper cab sim seems pretty doable for most people :)

How do you hook up the DI? I'd say from the speaker out of the amp to the DI and then to Kemper. But... does a speaker need to be attached for the power amp?
    Does the DI have to be set to 0db, -20db, -40db?

Brrrr so excited! Just saw a 10% discount on a big Dutch webshop so vistited the website. The aren't Kemper dealer anymore for a while, but I knew they had a power rack and non-power rack in B-stock (only power-cable missing) a little while ago. Normal prices here are € 1700 / € 2100, B-stock dit 100 less.
    On the Kempers there was an extra discount of 15% (instead of 10% overall) which made them € 1368 (non powered) € 1614 (powered). Quite a good deal I guess. Couldn't made up my mind between the two so went for powered....

pfffffffff

:D:D:D8o:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Did I say 'm excited yet?

I use the ZLX-12P with my Pod. As told a few times I find the high's very harsh on high volume, even when dailed back a bit which made me think of buying a DXR 10. But... reading this thread there ís a diffrence, but it's little...
    So... maybe the hashness is from the Pod? Or should I EQ some more?

While doing my deskresearch I found out about the Pure Cab function. That harshness they talk about could be what annoys me...
    So for what I'm reading almost everybody (who goes FRFR) uses this?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Unless I have no Kemper yet is suprised me the monitor output is only mono... Would be great to go stereo to FOH and be able to send stereo signal to two guitar cabs for those who like to play stereo. That wouldn't be much more expensive I guess...