Posts by Block Inlay

Support ticket submitted but I'm hoping there's something I can do until I hear back from Kemper

Just updated to the latest (non beta) operating system. The kemper freezes at the final step in start up (something about create preset cache) and then gives me a please contact support window.

I'm looking for solutions, if any, besides a factory reset. Any suggestions at all? I have a recording project starting and I'm trying very hard to keep my rage at Kemper bottled up right now. :)

For example, is there a way to force the unit to install an earlier version of the OS when it's in this mode?

Thanks

I make a performance in rig manager and either all of it, part of it, or none of it copies correctly over to my kemper. In some cases, performances that I have loaded on my kemper will suddenly disappear or be devoid of the profiles and settings that I've loaded into it.

Is this a known issue? is there a step by step procedure to do this correctly without worry of losing my work? i'm royally upset right now having lost about 3 hours worth of my time as my performances have vanished off of my kemper.

KPA is not a cheap product. it should not be performing like one. Thank you in advance for any assistance and for ignoring my anger.

Thanks! After browsing through that, the device should be able to change presets on the Kemper just fine. You can send six messages simultaneously, if I understood correctly. I wish the layout had five buttons in a row though.

so if this box could be used for front and fx loop effects AND can control the amp... it will be a Kemper remote killer

Does anyone know if this box could be used to control the kemper (for example switch rigs or control switching in performance mode) AND switch kemper effects on and off AND utilize the onboard Line6 effects at the same time?

So I recently started using performance mode for the first time, in conjunction with the remote and using rig manager.

I've noticed several times now that when dropping a rig into a performance, it won't synchronize up with the remote smoothly. Sometimes the new slot name will show but is "empty". Other times, nothing happens on the remote at all. Am I doing something stupid? Is this a bug?

Also, I've had slots in a saved performance revert back to a an older version of the original rig. This has happened with performances that have been saved for days, with the unit powered on and off, performances changed etc. Again, am I doing something stupid? Bug?

Any update on your order Block?
    I'm in the U.S and my bass player has been hunting for a remote for well over a month. We cant find one anywhere (neither new or used). Nowhere online has them for sale individually, and the official Kemper store is still "out of stock", so would be interested to see how your order went.

GString Any ballpark estimate of when they may be available on the Kemper store again? More or less than 6 months? We are trying to figure out if we should go through the hassle of trying a different controller, or wait it out. Any input appreciated!

Thanks!

My remote arrived about 10 days or so after I ordered. I forget exactly when as I had to take off for a long work trip. Seems either I got lucky or maybe the Kemper site is erroneously listing the remote as out of stock??

Hey Gang!

Can anyone point me towards some Tony Iommi-ish or Tony Iommi-inspired profiles that are in line with his early Black Sabbath sound? I'm thinking the first few albums. I've dialed in a few things myself and I'm happy with the sound, but I'd like to see what else is out there for comparison.

Cheers!

Hi @vanilla gorilla! I'm a new user and member here too. It's a great community and using/learning up on how to use the Kemper has been loads of fun. I'm right there with you on the learning curve, though I'm amazed at how intuitive a lot of the features, knobs, etc are. I have the same problem as you, profile jumping and toying with effects.

Seattle is one of my favorite places, especially this time of year.

Funny this thread got resurrected just as I was researching a powered speaker for my Kemper. I just landed a great deal on a B-stock ZLX-12P. Can't wait to try it out. Alas, I'll be on vacation when it is delivered. Such terrible problems to have! :)

Thanks to all for sharing their opinions, this thread (and I think one or two others in the forum here) is very helpful!!

One quick question (and yes I'll be studying the manual on this topic): When using a single (mono) cabinet, what is the consensus on which output to use? And do you need to specifically set the Kemper to output in mono?

Thanks for all the warm welcomes folks!

Yeah Ian McShane is a superb actor and his portrayal of Al Swearengen in Deadwood was consistently mind blowing. He's pretty great in American Gods too.