Posts by SQUAREHEAD

I guessed that ;)

But you never know. I regularly hear demos of profiles and/or effects pedals (particularly in the P&W genre) with so much reverb I wonder how they can ever be used in a mix. That’s probably a function of my lack of effects experience though.

Some of these guys in P&W have so much Reverb, you can barely hear the note / chord itself… It’s just a lot to get used to when you are asked to play with these tones… I don’t really like it at all…

Every once in a while I tweak my effect presets by checking settings/effect presets already present either in factory rigs, other vendor or members of the forum from appropriate threads. If you get those kind of comments maybe think about re-tweaking your effect sections because the effects are incredibly flexible even with just what there is available now. As far as subtle and tasteful use of effect goes, I feel I have 0 problem competing with my bandmates Strymons/Eventides pedalboard, just need to tweak a bit to find the right setting.
    As far as reverb goes, there is a lot of delays already presents that can serve as great reverbs. For example, I often use the "Main Station" of the delay section with various level of mix and feedback for some spacey reverbs. Others for cool shimmers. Again I don't feel I'd get much more I could need by adding a Big Sky or some other unit where most of the available sounds I feel are a bit superfluous to most genres.

It's easy and maybe fun to get lost effects/reverbs/delay textures but often I should remind my 2nd guitarist or entire section that what the band needs is often just some raw and uncluttered parts.

thanks Jed,
    I will have to try that main station you speak of…
    I am very poor at building good FX, I have just been using the hall reverb and winding it up to 60%, hoping for the best!!! :D
    That’s what you get for playing 1972 100 w Marshall amplifier into a 4X12 cabinet w/ TRex replica for too many years…
    ?(

Welcome to the funny farm, chronic! What kind of music do you play? For me, I prefer tube amplifiers so I would say a tube power amplifier, the VHT Power station is a great tube power amplifier and it does many other things also…
    What speaker cabinet are you using?

These reverbs are going to put a lot of people right over the edge into Kemperland.
    I have a praise and worship buddy who is currently using the helix and he watched the videos on YouTube, he said if the reverbs sound as good as that, he is going to buy a Kemper.
    He has played through mine and absolutely adores all of the amplifiers, and he agrees they are much much more realistic than his Helix… The one thing that’s held him back are the FX
    Bring it on, CK!
    :thumbup::thumbup:

For us old stubborn tube amplifier purists, there does seem to be a little something different in the attack when playing through the KPA, There is that extreme immediate attack when playing through a Marshall with 4×12 cabinet in the room...
    However, I really don’t think it is latency, it’s just a very slight different feel, which I am pretty much at home with now…
    It is so amazing carrying my little green bag with all my cabinets, all my Effex units, all of my boutique amplifiers, all of my cables, set up time is just under three minutes, it’s just in sanely simple and the tones through the PA are as good as any I have had in the past 30 years!
    :thumbup:

Had two big gigs this weekend ... used a lot of clean tones… and all I could think of, while I was playing, is how nice it would be to have the new verbs!
    I’m getting tired of helix users coming up to me after shows and saying, “your amplifier sounds are incredible but you’re fx aren’t so good… “
    8)
    Hopefully very very soon!

Does anybody have this? your thoughts? Are there lots of useable profiles?
    Thanks for any insight !!
    I have a few other packs from him and they all are pretty good, but this one is very recent so I’m hoping it would be the best?
    Keith

You can still use Studio profiles live with a guitar cab. I do. I don’t even disengage the Kemper Cab section, which ought to give me less than satisfying results, but the cabinet I use seems to work with the profiles I gravitate towards. It works for me.

hi Sam,
    Do you play mostly clean guitar? Do you have a powered K PA?
    Playing a studio rig/profile ( with cab Sim ) through a real guitar cabinet with my powered KPA sounds like absolute garbage... There is no way possible that I could stand it for even 10 seconds…
    I have my powered KPA set up so that it includes cabinets to FOH but removes cabinets for my monitor/speaker out…
    Are we talking about the same thing here? Because I really don’t understand your post…
    ?(
    Hope you are having a great weekend bro!
    KEITH