Posts by lespauled

Sadly, ratings are a waste of time, unless there are a lot of them. The problem is that profiles may be geared towards one genre and the person checking them play in a completely different genre. I've tested profiles that were rated high, and didn't fit my genre (classic rock, hair metal, etc.). Others with low ratings were fantastic for my genre.

Too many people give crappy votes because the profile is not geared towards their "percussive" music style. Personally, if a profile doesn't sound good to me, I just move on without voting. It just might not be geared towards my genre of music.

A while back, I mentioned that a genre list might help people find what they are looking for, and not down vote the ones that are geared elsewhere.

My favorites are the ones that I have. The Vintage 30 with LynchBacks is an amazing combination that compliment each other.

I ran a test of 4 speakers a while back using V30, LynchBack, G12T-75, and Eminence speakers from a Blue Voodoo ST cabinet playing a Dokken tune once through (including flubs :P).

This is an ongoing problem that occurs while making several profiles in a session, and RM currently 3.2.43.17243, says some items are damaged. You simply restart RM, and none of the items are actually damaged.

I make a profile (in profile mode).

Save the profile

Go to Browse mode

Make any tweaks, etc. in RM.

Store the Rig.

- Repeat the process until I'm done profiling.

During random times, the warning message will come up. I then shut down RM, and wait a few seconds and start it again, and it works fine.

It seems to me that something needs to be reset when switching modes, since it "resets" when restarting RM.

I recently moved, and set things up a bit further away from my workstation. I'm using a 20 foot cable, and I'm noticing some high end missing, as opposed to when I use a shorter cable directly into the amp (not connected to the Kemper). This is the cable coming from the Kemper to the Amp for profiling.

My question is the Send buffered, or should I add a buffer pedal in the line?

For example: Kemper => short cable => Buffer => long cable => Amp

Actually, you can make your own EQ Tone Matched Impulse Responses, and load them into the Kemper. I went down that rabbit hole, and it's really a deep place. One thing you have to realize is that you are listening to a post mastered sound on a record, etc. For example, I made a boatload of George Lynch EQ Tone Matched IRs when I had a Atomic Amplifire. The sounds were pretty much spot on while playing with a backing track, but playing them without any backing track, the sound was very harsh, and very trebly.

Since getting the Kemper, I haven't needed to try it, because I just profiled my LynchBox and I had a great sound without any post processing.

Thanks. On some level, I'm glad that I'm not alone. But, to be perfectly clear, I have made many profiles of my gear at higher gain levels before without this issue. Before, the only limitation, was went the profiler told you the signal was too noisy. At that point, you know you've gone too far.

My process remains the same. I'm using an SM57, and/or E906, into a Mackie ProFX12 v3 (no FX, no EQ used on the board) back into the Kemper. All levels are set to around -6db on each channel. Kemper return has been tried at even -25db. The problem seems to be mainly with the Randall Grail Module into a 2X12 with Warehouse Green Beret speakers as well as another cabinet with V30s, but more predominant in the GBs.

I tried profiling my Plexi Synergy module, and found that it seems to not like high gain sounds. It seems like this happens on any profiles over a Kemper gain level of 5 or 6. Below that threshold, the profile goes through fine. I will be running more tests in the coming days, and will update this thread with my findings.

I had several power amps when I bought mine, so I opted for the unpowered. I'm totally happy with it. Absolutely no regrets. I also like the modular approach, where I can keep components separate, and switch them out whenever I want.

I am using the latest OS including beta releases (don't remember what the current version is). I have made a bunch of profiles of my amp/cab combinations, but have never seen this issue before. I create a profile, like I always have, but this time I'm profiling a Warehouse Green Beret, which is a GreenBack clone. The profiling process goes through fine, but on 4 out of 7 of my profiles, the cabinet is turned off. Originally, I thought I might have hit the button by mistake while profiling. So, I tried again today, and made sure everything was set correctly. I made sure the current profile in browser mode was set to one that had a cabinet, just to eliminate any possible issues.

After making 2 profiles at different mic positions, both show as no cabinet on the Kemper. I tried editing the profile in RM, but it won't let me add cabinet info.

Anyone else see this happen to their profiles with the latest software?

Is there a way around it?

I am using the latest OS including beta releases (don't remember what the current version is). I have made a bunch of profiles of my amp/cab combinations, but have never seen this issue before. I create a profile, like I always have, but this time I'm profiling a Warehouse Green Beret, which is a GreenBack clone. The profiling process goes through fine, but on 4 out of 7 of my profiles, the cabinet is turned off. Originally, I thought I might have hit the button by mistake while profiling. So, I tried again today, and made sure everything was set correctly. I made sure the current profile in browser mode was set to one that had a cabinet, just to eliminate any possible issues.

After making 2 profiles at different mic positions, both show as no cabinet on the Kemper. I tried editing the profile in RM, but it won't let me add cabinet info.

Anyone else see this happen to their profiles with the latest software?

Is there a way around it?

The main reason, IMHO, is the fact that new amps only come to modelers when the programmers change the firmware. When the modeler is no longer updated, you don't get any new amps.....ever. The Kemper is basically future-proof, and you get access to new amps as soon as someone profiles that amp.