Posts by lespauled

I was making a few profiles a little while ago, and realized a scenario where RM should disable some functions.

Set the amp to the correct amp stack and dial settings.

Made a profile

Started refining, and noticed that the tone stack said "Kemper Generic" during refining.

Switched the amp stack to the Plexi, which completely changed the sound of the amp while refining.

Switched it back to Kemper Generic, and it sounded as it should during the refining process.

When I ended the refining, the profile was ridiculously loud, clipping, and sounded absolutely horrible.

Re-created the profile from scratch.

Do you think the option to change the tone stack during refining should be disabled, so not to have the option to blow up a profile during refinement?

This happened to me before, and I thought I was imagining it, but it happened in front of me, so I knew I wasn't losing my mind.

Scenario:

I was making multiple profiles of a George Lynch Super V (Modified Vox).

After finishing profiling, I went to browse mode.

I was testing the profiles I made, and there was one that sounded harsh to me: profile #14 of that session.

I went to profile #15, and it sounded much better.

I then selected profile #14 in RM, single mouse click, without changing the profile (still #15) on the profiler.

I right clicked and selected Delete Rig on the popup menu.

At that point, both the RM selected rig (#14) and the rig on the Profiler (#15) were deleted.

I know this is an ID-ten-T user error (developer humor). But is this the expected result?

Create 2 DI tracks. One with one guitar, and one with another guitar. Follow the steps for EQ tone match, and get the EQ from one guitar to the other, and do the same thing the other way around, from guitar 2 to guitar 1.

You will get an EQ that is applied for the tone match. Create a studio EQ on the Kemper, using the EQ from guitar 1 to guitar 2, and name it whatever you want as a preset. For example, Hum2SingleEQ. Place that EQ in the stomps side (pre-side), and see how that works for you.

That's basically what the mooer pedal is doing. Creating an EQ tone match.

I went down the Tone Match EQ rabbit hole during my Atomic Amplifire days. It's very simple once you set up a DAW project with the source, target, and place the EQ on a bus.

I made a bunch or tone matched IRs, and I had my Amplifire full of matched songs/albums. It sounded great when playing with a band or even a backing track. It sounded horrible when playing alone, very thin. The reason is that you are tone matching to a sound that has been manipulated to fit within the track.

Are you going to get that full sound that you think you're hearing? No, that's most likely some of the bass sounds complimenting the guitar.

I'm using the latest beta. This happened to me yesterday, and was repeated today. I created a few liquid profiles (around 5) using the Soldano crunch amp selected with RM open, and then all the profiles got much louder, and pretty brittle, with much more high end. Shutting down the Profiler, and restarting it brought the profiles back to their original sounds. This happened to me last night, and I just shut everything down. I checked how to the profiles sounded this morning, and they sounded as they should. I created another 5 or 6 profiles with RM open. The same thing happened again. I shut down the profiler and checked them when I turned the profiler back on.

I have the 5150 Overdrive, and they are pretty different pedals. You can't go wrong with both!!!!

I was looking at the single for $199 but for $70 more I can get the dual channel and figure it's cost effective. I like that I can dial gain limit up or down with the pots inside which allows you to tailor the tones more personably -- for single or dual. It seems to be one of the most versatile distortions out there.

You can get them used all over the place for a little over half that. The second channel is voiced different also.

I've been making a few Marshall Major profiles, and for Man On The Silver Mountain, I wanted to add an octave to the original sound, but only on the bass side, like up to the open G. The options have a Low Cut. Shouldn't there be a Low Pass to determine where the octave effect stops, like the Boss OC-3 and up?

I was making a few profiles with the latest beta, and the profiler froze while saving a profile. I did close RM before the last profile, so that's what I think caused the issue.

- Started Kemper

- Opened RM

- Changed Kemper into Profiling mode (btw, RM didn't open the profiling options anymore, just disabled the bottom pane. Was it taken out of this beta?)

- Made a couple of profiles and saved them without issue.

- Closed RM

- Made another profile.

- Clicked save.

At this point, the profiler froze, with the message that it was saving profile.