Posts by lespauled

I was going to wait until I did an EQ levels of my monitors vs the HeadRush, but why wait. On July 4th, I brought the HeadRush out and played the Star Spangled Banner at around 7. Everybody heard it for many houses away (maybe blocks). I then put it up to 11, and hit an E power chord with distortion. My deck shook. You could actually feel it when you have it on 11. I was thrilled to find that it maintained it's clean tone, even at 11. So far, I haven't found anything that I can complain about.

I ordered a HeadRush FRFR and it was delivered earlier in the week.

Finally got around to opening the HeadRush FRFR. Put it outside on my deck, along with my strat and my Zoom Lynch Pedal. Took longer to find a extra decent surge protector in my house than it did to unbox and plug everything in.

I started with a clean patch, just to see how the minimal settings were. I was happy to see that you can get some no-ear-splitting room level settings between 0 and 1 rather easily. Now it came time to push it a little. First up to 2, which is a nice decent level for screwing around on the deck.

But, why stop there. I tried 3, then 4. Level 4 was loud enough that the garbage men, who were on the next street noticed me immediately. It also gave an excellent amount of feedback on the guitar, without needing to put the guitar right next to it. Granted, I was only about 4 feet away, but it was loud enough for the neighbors to hear it at least 6 houses down.

At that point, I had to bail. It's expected to be around 100 degrees today, and it felt every bit of it around 11:30. I'll push it some more another time. Definitely going to crank it on July 4th for the Star Spangled Banner.

One thing really made me laugh. I didn't notice it before, but the levels go to 11. It's one more better than 10 :D

[Blocked Image: https://media.giphy.com/media/aqSl7Dw5HTojK/giphy.gif]

So far, I'm really liking it. I'll be doing many more tests, and then do a comparison between my studio monitors and the HeadRush mic'd into my DAW to see if there are any tonal differences. Eventually, I'll do a full review. Right now, it's just too new, and any (honest) reviews would be skewed.

I got a good deal on a Headrush, which is on back order until 6/28. If it's here by July 4th, I'll be cranking it out on my back deck, playing the Star Spangled Banner at a volume the will make the neighbors hate me. :)

The review will follow a few weeks after that (after the "newness" factor is gone).

The Headrush is $349? I would love to see you review one when it's out. Should be interesting.

2 possible options would be :

1. effect favorites

2. Top menu effect type, then a sub menu with the options under than type. The buttons over the display would work perfectly for that. Select button one for top menu, effect type menu. Select button 2 for effects of that type.

just my 2 cents.

I realized that I have been playing modelers for waaaaay too long. With modelers, you either like a patch, or you don't. Sometimes you tweak it, which involves changing some settings in the editor, etc. But, for the most part, if you don't like a patch, you move on.

I realized that I'm still knee deep in that paradigm, but I'm not in the modeler world anymore. By staying in that paradigm, I have completely missed out on some JCM-800 profiles that others have been raving about. I checked them out, but they seemed a little too much high end for me.

It finally dawned on me, that the Kemper is basically an amp. There isn't an amp that I use without finding "my sound" on it. So, I loaded up a Marshall profile. I then added some bass to it, turned down the presence, and holy S, did it come to life. An absolutely fantastic profile that I almost missed, because I was still doing things the way I did in the modeling world. A couple of tweaks, and now it's one of my favorites. I immediately saved it, and now I can't wait to play it.

My mindset was definitely influenced by the modeler world. I hope that it's now in the past since my epiphany.

I tried to leave feedback of i like a rig. I think the problem is like someone said before if you leave the feedback then close Rig manager it doesn't send it. Now that i know about it ill make sure to do it properly next time.

I wasn't singling you out. I was mentioning that the process seems to be broken. I would love for it to be sent to the website immediately upon change. One vote per user per profile. Another option is a rating system via web.

I would love an option on RE that shows the gain setting for a profile, like they do in RM.