Posts by lespauled

I have a boatload of IRs that I bought in my Amplifire days. From my experience, Ownhammer IRs were the best.

The only time I even look at them now, is when I check out a DI profile of some amp that interests me, that doesn't have a matching cab in the profile. I see if I have that IR, and check it out.

Thanks. I'll try it tonight. You demo tone reminded me Xenon's Thru The Rain

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As a development manager, I see it as an excuse for not having specs solidified. Without a proper foundation, anything you continue to build will not be built on a solid foundation. Some managers hear a buzzword, and think it's the greatest thing, only to find that it doesn't help their project's bottom line.

The furman you mentioned is basically nothing more than a one time use MOV breaker that is in most $10 power strip

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

AmpWhore

You will only need to install the 64bit version.

Mike

You're assuming that he has a 64bit OS. Although this is PROBABLY the case, he should check. The 64 bit version will not install on non-64 bit machines. So, he should try the 64 bit, and if it works, great. If you get a message that it wont work, use the 32 bit.

If you have Windows, you can check before by opening Start Menu and right clicking on Computer. It will open a system info screen. Look for System Type. It will say 32 bit or 64 bit. That's the one you choose.

When you hit the store button, you have 2 choices: replace and save as. Choose save as, and you've added that rig.

One thing you should be aware of is that the rigs are not stored in order, like other units. There is no, slot 1, slot 2, etc. They are displayed in the chosen manner (All rigs, favorites, etc.)

You will find the Kemper layout to be extremely familiar to an amp head once you start using it.

On another note, you might want to realize how the tone of your messages come across to the many users here, who are more than willing to help you get over the learning curve.

It can be frustrating at first, but it will become familiar quickly.

As stated above, there is no "slot 1" on the Kemper. You determine the order the profiles are displayed, via the left knob. One fantastic sort/filter is the favorites. Mark the ones you want to access quickly as a favorite, and use the filter of favorite.

There is a whole other world in the performance mode. But I won't overwhelm you at this point. Become familiar with the above first.

From his website: “I used regular vintage [plexi] 50- and 100-watt Marshall heads without a master volume until 1982, when the JCM 800 head was developed. I then used the JCM 800 with Rocktron preamps….” [Not sure if he means a preamp.]

There are plenty of profiles of these amps on Rig Exchange

Thanks, man. What do you find are your favourite mics when it comes to profiles?

Do let me know what you think about the profile. What would you like from that profile with respect to your setup. Note the gain on that sucker! Right at the bottom, I have no idea why it profiled like that, but it's an ultra-clean sound. I like to think it totally smashes some of the stuff that came stock with the Kemper, which I'm hoping is a sign I'm on the right track.

My favorite mics depend on the amp/position of the profile. There are some profiles that I love the SM57. There are others where the 57 sounds a little too tinny. I think a great profile pack would be one that has multiple mics, and multiple mic positions. That way you can pick the right one for you., which is subjective to each person.

Curious to know how you evaluate commercial profilers. Based on clips? Soloed tone or in a mix? Based on free samples? Price of profiles?

I check out some clips, but mostly free samples. Price, of course, has a bearing.

What do you do when you find a pack didn't live up to the hype or the clips?

I've had this happen to me. I posted my findings, but soon realized that it really falls on deaf ears.

More questions: how many profiles make a pack? I noticed some sellers use several mics. Does that help your decision? Or do you not care if it's captured with a sm57 as long as it's authentic? Direct, studio and merged profiles better?

I never really worried about the number of profiles in a pack. To be honest, I probably find 1-3 profiles that I really like. The rest I might revisit later on. The mic depends on the amp. Sometimes, the SM57 gives a very thin sound.

Also, does the method of capturing a profile aid your decision? Or could you not care if a virgin was sacrificed during the profiling process to get a good tone?

The method has no bearing at all. If it's good, it's good.

I recently did one called Christmas Clean on the rig exchange. Add a hyper chorus and a reverb and it sounds like the intro to Pull Me Under by Dream Theater (wish I could provide a clip, but my recording interface is down).

I'll have to check that profile out. Thanks