Posts by lespauled

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Right... (sarcasm alert)...Because Scott just went, "Hey, lets create Tom's sound" (walks over to Kemper, twists a couple knobs, and says) "there, that works. I'm glad I had the camera running!"
    Slide rules work just fine, who would ever need a calculator?

Of course, he didn't hit that sound immediately. It's called tweaking. It comes from actually spending the time to learn the interface. I'm sure he didn't learn it in a day. I know I started with one effect (graphic eq) and although daunting at first, became familiar with it. I seen realized that there wasn't any difference between the effect options and the knobs on an actual pedal.

Equating the Kemper to a slide rule. Really?

Well sure, you can learn to use the front of an Axe-FX or an H9, but that doesn't mean the editor won't make your task exponentially easier. The UI on the KPA is very well designed and intuitive. But there are deeper facets at play which I think most users probably overlook or don't even know exist because it requires them to mine deep into sections they don't feel adept at going into (and know what the hell each parameter does when they get there).

I assume there's probably a number of users who found the KPA unsatisfactory in part because they didn't know how to mine deep into it in order to slightly tweak a parameter and sold the unit. Lots of people get overwhelmed looking at a ton of buttons & options.

I'm thinking about this in a pragmatic manner, not an emotional one. The difference with the Axe-Fx is that they already have an editor, and the interface is no where near as intuitive as the Kemper. My point was that instead of people incessantly saying they can't get things done without an editor, it's simply not true. There are currently 2 choices, learn the interface, and start creating the sounds you're looking for now, and switch to an editor when it comes out, or just wait for an editor. If you just wait, who are you hurting? Kemper or yourself?

Since the options in an editor will correspond to the options on the unit, those people you spoke about will be overwhelmed with a PC editor also.

Here's a video of Scott going through the interface, and create a Tom Petty rig. He shows how intuitive the interface is, and quickly transforms rigs into Tom Petty sounding rigs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuXov3qd6B4

It shows how quickly you can transform the sound on the unit itself. I see it as an excellent example of the power of learning the machine, instead of constantly fighting it.

I'm sure he would benefit from an editor, but spent the time to learn the unit, and get things done.

I never change cabs, but I check a ton of cabs on DI profiles.

There is a distinct difference between how the IR sounds with a loader, vs the Kemper.

From my Atomic Amplifire days, I was into IRs, and bought a bunch. I use the following to find an IR that fits the DI profile.

Here are the steps I use:

1. make a quick recording of the DI (which usually sounds horrible) in my DAW
    2. Insert an IR loader onto the track, or the master track.
    3. Scroll through a ton of IRs until I find one that sounds great.
    4. I copy that IR onto the Kemper formatted thumb drive.
    5. I repeat until I get tired of doing it.
    6. Run CabMaker to create Kemper cab files.
    7. Load them onto the Kemper.
    8. Scroll through the cabs I created, and realize that they sound different from the IR Loader. Hopefully finding something that really sounds good.
    9. Repeat the process (the next day) if nothing strikes me as great. :/

In my experience, outsourcing almost never produces anything close to in-house developers. With outsourcing, you need someone in-house to look at coding standards, do code reviews, hold status meetings, etc., in order to get something worth while. Most outsourced products are developed by junior programmers at best.

This is what I do for a living. I've seen it over and over. With outsourcing, your choices are cheap, and really expensive. The sad part is that you get what you pay for.

One little (resolved) headache. When I used the looper, originally it's in PRE mode. I had a wonderful time finding the setting to change, but finally found it.

The setting is in the System Menu, on the remote page. Since I don't have the Kemper remote, the whole page is grayed, giving a disabled look. I eventually found what button it was, and although the page is grayed out, the 4th button still functions, and I was able to set it correctly.

This request, including presets and effects management, has often been made.Some of us (including myself) would like this instead of an editor if the creation of an editor is not planned or too complex at the moment.

Sorry if offtop, but why we cant even add cabs through rig manager?

This request, including presets and effects management, has often been made.Some of us (including myself) would like this instead of an editor if the creation of an editor is not planned or too complex at the moment.

I would love the option in RM to test IR cabinets before loading them onto the Kemper. Right now, I create a recording of the DI profile, use an IR loader, and scroll through my IRs until something hits me as a good fit. Then I convert it to kipr file, load my Kemper thumb drive, and put that file on the drive. Eject the drive, plug it into the Kemper, and load it into the IR list. Then I have to select it from the existing IRs on the Kemper, only to realize that it sounds different from the IR loader used. So, the process goes on and on, until a combination of DI and IR sounds great on the Kemper.

I would take that over a full editor any day.